~~~>STS 6 month Alumni-Aug.15<~~~

I hope yall have not started a new thread yet...It's pretty late but I checked and didn't find one.

We have started tearing out the old flooring so we are busy around here. Anything to stay out of the heat.

I am not sure of my friends kids exact ages but her daughter is about 14 and the boys go down from there, the youngest being about 8 or 9. It is just terrible for that family. I am thinking that her current husband is just a step dad to these kids also. I am not sure how that is going to go over but I know he adored those kids and they him.
This really puts life into perspective though. That is just such a young age.

I hope all finds you well today!

Wow Rachel, you sure dove head first into this floor project at home and with the heat! I don't envy you....

Kim, sounds like your weekend is a nice change of pace. Yes, the hotel will have a pool and we fully intend on taking advantage of it...LOL!

Yesterday I did Body max weights and in the middle of doing back rows something just felt like it snapped and a shooting pain went through my whole left side:confused: I have no idea what brought it on, I was having great form and it was not hurting my back at all, but now there is definitely something wrong with my hip/pelvis alignment! If it's not one thing it's another! :mad: I can't wait to go see the chiro tomorrow to hopefully get it fixed, it is hurting even if I don't move... In the meantime I'm trying to see if advil will help if there is any kind of swelling to help it go down...

Other than that though, I'm doing well and actually very excited to start school tomorrow!

Good morning.

I thought I would do a quick checkin before my workout because I am sure after that I will be going 90 to nothin'.

We got all the living area flooring up and started in there last night. We just put 2 test rows in to make sure everything was going right before we really get started this morning. It is kind of nice doing flooring at home cause at least I don't have to get up super early to get my workout in and to pack my lunch :p.

I am going to do Sat. workout today. B&G. then I will just follow the rest of the week as it comes omitting one of the rest days probably. I am not going to fret about being on the right day. Lifes too short, right!

Cendrine-DANG on the back pain!!! I hope this is something that goes away with a little adjustment. That has got to be frustrating beyond belief!!! Let us know how it is today and how it is after the chiro.
Working on the floor is a good thing in this heat because it is all inside. We are even cutting inside. The house will be a mess but it would be anyway and so I will get a good fall clean in early.:rolleyes:
Good luck with the First Day of School!!!

Kim-I hope the weather is better for the start of the week. Good call on the calling of the camping trip;)
You might have said this already but when do the kids start back to school.
At the school I went to growing up there were only a few instruments that were provided and trumpet was definitely not one of them. It was the ones no one really wanted to play but either got stuck on because they could not afford anything else or could not play anything else. I wanted to play the clarinet but could not get a sound to come out:rolleyes:

Jo-You must have had a great time in MT! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Better go while the good energy lasts!

TTYL

Great work on your floor, Rachel! Do you think you will get done in one day? I have no idea how long this stuff takes....

I was able to see the chiro before lunch and got some good therapy, too, so I am thinking I should be better soon. I did walk for 45 min on the treadmill before starting school today. The kids did really well and we are just finishing up some stuff but are basically done! Good first day!

Great news on the chiro and first day of school Cendrine! Are you going to have to lay off weights?
No this is definitely a full week of work. It would be a lot easier if we did not have to shuffle furniture but with a house full, it is going to take a bit.
Today we got the majority of the living room and tomorrow we will continue into the dining. There we still have some floor demo to do so that is going to eat up time. We have to wait about 24 hrs before moving any furniture onto the new floor so that is another hold up too. It's a lot of work though so I am glad that we can have a little down time.

I am already feeling the B in B&G!:eek: Owwiiee. I really was feeling good energy this morning but I am still not feeling the endurance. I wish I had any one of the girls' endurance in the dvd! wouldn't that be great! Oh well, spilled milk right! lol

OK off to try to get to bed early tonight. I did not get to bed till 12 last night and then was up at 6...that is just not enough sleep for me!

TTYT

Hi BFF's!!! :p:D:cool::eek:

We are just home a little bit ago...11 hours on the road today! I'm TIRED! We came home to a stuffy stuffy house as it's been in the 90's while we were gone. But of course it's cooling off tomorrow. I tried to read through the posts I missed. I had planned to try and post while we were gone but I never had a spare minute! Anyway, I'll update you on the trip tomorrow.

Rachel, I'm so sorry to read about your friend and how tragic for her and her poor family. You are right, it really puts things in perspective. Sounds like you have a very busy project at home - is that bothering your arm at all? My arm does not seem to be getting any better and had problems over the weekend so I'm anxious to get back to weights as that seem to help it feel better!

Cendrine, Cendrine, Cendrine! WHAT on your BACK? Are you kidding me? I hope you are much better and have not taken a hit backwards. Gosh hearing you're starting school makes me realize summer is already almost over! So are you in the hotel now? Where are you?

Kim, congrats on the DOMS! LOL! Isn't it fun to get back to Cathe after Insanity? How are your eyes now? I'm hoping you're doing great! I didn't know your ds played the trumpet! I always wanted to play a horned instrument but I played piano and the violin! Actually that was probably better anyway! Have you been out to check on the house? I was wondering what they've gotten done with all the rain you've had.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back, in touch with all of you and hopefully I can get a workout in tomorrow!

Just a quick check in while I wake up before going to get my workout in. Today is PUB so I am excited to see how that is going to go!

JO, I am sure I speak for all of us when I say "WE MISSED YOU!" Glad you are back but sorry the arm issues are too! I did see on the news that it was supposed to be hot up there. I am sure the house gets hot with no a/c!
I can't wait to hear what yall did!

Well I better get my workout done so I can get dh up and started around here. The house looks like a natural disaster hit it!

TTYL

The weather is hot here today too. Nothing we can't handle...

Our first two days of homeschooling have gone off very well, I spent this afternoon packing up all our books to take to the hotel to do school there....;) I told the kids that as soon as they are done we get to go hang at the pool and enjoy whatever else there is. I won't be able to work out tomorrow since we need to be out of the house by 8am and I just don't feel like getting up early or rushing it. So i will use the gym at the hotel later in the day..., I hope...LOL

My back per se isn't what was hit this time, it's the side area of the pelvis, weird to describe, but some kind of sprain, chiro said. I still did Power Hour today but could not do deadlifts because it hurt too much even to do partials. But eveerything else was doable with modifications. I called the Acupuncturist for an appt today and he said he moved offices.... not sure why he didn't tell me that last week...:confused: So now it is a longer drive... bummer.

We should be able to be back in the house Friday afternoon, I'm not sure if I'll be able to check in, I'll try.

Jo, welcome back, we did miss you! I hope you get some relief on your arm soon!

Rachel, I would hate to have to move all the furniture around, this is why I haven't painted the walls even though they could use a good touch up, or thought about the carpets to replace.... One of these days we'll just have to do it though. I'm sure your floor is looking gorgeous! And you get to do it just the way you like it and do it right! Awesome!

Kim, how are your eyes these days?

Hey Rachael, I thought that you would be interested to know that in our city we set a new temperature record (low) it went up to 55F today:eek: and they are predicted it to go to 41 overnight. Brrr. I pulled out some winter clothes to wear to work today.

Cendrine I hope you enjoy your hotel stay, I'm sure the kids are excited! Hopefully the muscle strain in your hip is one of those weird pains that come and go quickly. Thanks for asking about my eyes. They are feeling much better! I've been able to read the last few night!!:D:D:D I have another appt tomorrow, they sure keep a close watch on things.

Rachael Sorry I confused you Sunday about the checkin. I totally forgot it was Sunday and it was time to start a new checkin:eek: What kind of flooring are you doing? School doesn't start here till after Labour Day, 3 weeks tomorrow!

Jo Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing about the trip! Sorry to hear that your arm is bothering you again!:( I'm falling in love with cathe workouts all over again after Insanity! I'm very excited about doing the monthly rotations throughout the fall as we get back into a normal routine. We talked to the sales agent yesterday. He said there is usually a wait of a month between pouring the basement foundation and starting the framing so it's been almost a month (for some reason I thought it was only 2 weeks) and that is to let the concrete settle. So in the next week hopefully they will start the more exciting part. DS has played in the school band the last 2 years. It's optional and he is really not that interested in music. I think he joins because there is usually at least one overnight band camp/trip and sometimes they get to miss class to attend festivals.:rolleyes: He never practiced at home and the band teacher used to compliment him on how welll he did and gave him bonus marks for practicing so he must have some natural ability. (cause he didn't practice and she thought he must:cool:) Ds is one of those people who just seems to be doing anything he puts his mind to.

We drove past our new house yesterday and the next door neighbours had moved in this. (didn't meet them) In the driveway is a orange Duke of Hazards car with the numbers painted on the car and everything, and the other vehicle was a motorcycle:confused: so should be interesting to meet them. The vehicles had Ontario license plates.

Sent my kids over to my sister's last night to hang out with their cousins. When I went to pick them up after work, somehow all 4 came home with me:rolleyes::rolleyes: Keeps them entertained I guess.

I was lazy yesterday and today workout wise. Going to get serious about things in a couple of weeks. Thursday we leave after work for a quick trip to Minneapolis. Saturday is dd's birthday and we're going to American Girl:D She is so excited! Tomorrow I have an eye appt and a hair appt in the evening so don't know if I'll get a chance to post again for a few days.

So here’s the trip recap: I drove both ways so DH could work. I have an AC adapter in my 4Runner so he can plug in his laptop. He worked and was on the phone most of the way (both ways). On the way over we decided to take Highway 2 all the way which is a more scenic route and no interstates. I figured why not since we haven’t done it before but can’t drive as fast and it took us 12 hours. It’s approximately 530 miles from our house to theirs. The interesting thing was I saw more police in all three states (WA, ID, MT) then I’ve ever seen on ANY trip. I passed at least 30 police in all 3 states. I later realized that they are probably still canvassing the area for those escaped fugitives from AZ (or was it NM) that they believe are in the MT area. Anyway, the mountains were spectacular but towards evening I always get nervous about the wild life as we saw lots of deer (too near the road) and you never know when they’re going to jump out so that causes you to drive slower. Also on one stretch of road I probably drove 90 miles without ever seeing another car. Also, signs to watch out for big horned sheep and range cattle – that’s all I need to hit some big animal. One time I drove over a chipmunk and that about did me in! LOL! Anyway got there late and then the next day woke up to rain! GF had to go to work so we went to Glacier National Park – I'm posting a link for you to see some pictures. They live 20 minutes away and it’s spectacular! Bears up there! But we didn’t see any. Then Saturday, still kind of dreay cold day so we went into town and then went to dinner at their sister’s cabin on Lake McDonald. They have a beautiful cabin inside the national park!! I will post some pictures – it is spectacular. Then Sunday it finally was warm and I spent the entire day on the lake, kayaking, and floating, reading and just plain relaxing! The guys BBQ halibut and oysters for us girls while we were on the lake. Then yesterday was the drive home and we came the normal way but it still took us 11 hours because of road construction. There was one place where we drive through the Indian reservation for about 40 miles. Well, you usually drive 70-75 through there but they had the road all torn up so we drove 35 on gravel FOREVER!! Despite the weather not totally cooperating, whenever I go there, it’s like going to mom’s. I am totally comfortable and relaxed. They are like family to us! It’s just such a long long drive!

So though I was glad to get home to my own bed last night, I didn’t sleep well since the house was so dang HOT! So didn’t get a workout in today but will definitely do one tomorrow! So that should get me caught up .
Here’s a link to the park with a bunch of pictures – we love to hike there – it’s worth a visit!
http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T...tle&resnum=5&ved=0CEkQsAQwBA&biw=1579&bih=623

Wow, Jo, that link has beautiful pictures! It reminds me so much of Switzerland, minus the moose, LOL! I'll make sure one year we go there for a nice break! I can't imagine driving for 12 hours! I don't think I've ever done that! And how scary to see so many police cars and then realizing why they are probably there....:( I'm glad you didn't have any roadkill...LOL!
Isn't it just weird that just when it's starting to warm up for us, it gets crazy cold for the season up Kim's way? The world is definitely doing weird stuff!

Kim, I'm glad you are able to read again! How nice! I had to laugh about ds getting compliments for his nonexistent practicing of the trumpet....:D some people are just good at whatever they do... makes me jealous sometimes...:rolleyes: I am really enjoying doing Cathe again too! I am not able to do her regular rotations, so I'm going to be living through you when it comes to her cardio, but I'm right there with you with the weight workouts. Do you think she will be more on schedule with these new dvds because there aren't as many? It would be fun to have something new so soon!

We just got done double bagging and sealing all our freezer and fridge food... makes me want to not keep so much food and stuff in the house....! We decided to not bag a hagen daz vanilla icecream container and had that for a reward after bagging everything...:eek: While dh did most of the packing I took the opportunity to clean out the freezers and fridges (we have two) and they both needed it! So, one more thing cleaned up that I hadn't planned on but am happy to be done with.

the kids are excited to go to the hotel. I don't think I ever stayed in a hotel until I was maybe 16 or so, and here these little guys already know all about hotels! LOL! Ds announced he wanted for us to go to hotels more often and do school there....:rolleyes:

Well all that's left is packing our clothes now and then we'll be all set.
Power Hour fried my triceps, I am already feeling them!

Good morning!

Another checkin before my workout.
The house is still a disaster but it is a moving disaster. Now it has moved out of the dining room and into the kitchen:eek: I really thought that the kitchen was safe but it turned into the easiest place to move our "cowboy kitchen". So now it is on dollies in front of the sink! :rolleyes: Gotta do what you can for progress I guess.
We did get pretty far yesterday though. We got all the living area and did get into the dining. We had to demo the dining and get it ready so that took a few hrs. No we are going again. DH has an appt. today so we will only work until a little after lunch probably but I am hoping I can work on my gym a little while he is gone.

Jo-The pictures are so beautiful. That place is so pretty it does not even look real. How lucky your friends are to live so close.
We have a lot of wild things around here too but not any moose so that is one we do not have to look out for while driving at night. I hate driving around dusk during hunting season here because the deer are always spooked and running across the road.:(
I am sorry the heat has got to ya...it seems like yall either have it unseasonably warm or unseasonably cold. What's the deal with the weather?:rolleyes:

Cendrine-I guess if you wanted to put a positive spin on the having to bag everything up, it would definitely be the fact that you can to get all the old stuff out of the house. I am getting better about going to the grocery store and not buying too much. I think I am starting to realize that there is just the 2 of us:rolleyes:
I am glad that your injury is not effecting the weight workouts too much. I am really glad that your back did not get it. Like Kim said , maybe it will be quick to go away.
I am not a huge fan of having the house totally torn up either but I do like the fact that all this wood will be gone. It has been stored in all sorts of place and kind of cluttering up everything!

Kim-The floor going in is a really pretty oak. It is dark colored and just changes everything up so much. I love rearranging the furniture even just a little so this is kind of a big change and it feels like a new house.
Your neighbors sound like they might be very interesting! LOL Living down here in Dukes of Hazards land, we never even see those cars. Maybe they are just super fans:p
Oh if we could just share some weather. Those temps are crazy!!!! I need to come visit! lol

Well I have IMAX2 in my future so I better get to it! This rotation is alot more strength days than cardio , which I love but I know it is just because I like strength better than cardio. I really am going to have to make my next one more endurance!

Hi Everyone! I slept too late today as it was so hot in our house and I didn't sleep very well! So, no workout...ughhh! But I'm not feeling bad about it! I came back to work and am so busy! I disconnected so much over the weekend that I forgot where I was at on a couple projects! (That's a sign of a good vacation! LOL!)

Rachel, I bet your floor is going to be beautiful! You're going to feel like you have a new house! :D Did you get Imax 2 done? I haven't done that one in a while so it should probably be on my list this week!

Cendrine, yeah, boy doesn't that feel good to have gone through all your food and get it cleaned out and updated? We did that not long ago and I was happy to feel up-to-date! Yet, couldn't believe how old some of our stuff was! Glad you got a good workout with PH! I am still amazed at how well your doing!

Okay, back to work. This was my first chance to say Hi today! So HI! And Hi Kim!

Very quick, self absorbed post from me. Busy day after work I went to my eye appt and I now have 20/20 vision without glasses:D My right eye still gets blurry occasionally which will take a few weeks to clear completely.

Then home to feed the kids. Then off to to the hairdressor and I'm very happy with the results. Then we drove over to the new house because they started framing!!:D:D It looks great!

Now I still have to pack as we're heading out right after work tomorrow. Going to the States doing some fun stuff for dd's birthday and also doing some back to school shopping. I'm also hoping to hit IKEA and get some stuff I want for the new house.

I'll be back Sunday evening so will probably get caught up Monday night.

Good morning!
This week is just flying by!

I was up and out of bed by 6:05. It felt good to just go ahead and get up instead of snoozing until almost 7:eek:.

Today is going to be a hard one. I have the funeral for my friend. I did not go to visitation last night because I just thought one day for me is about all I can take. I really do not go to many funerals but for some reason feel the need to go to this one. I think because we shared friends and they were so much closer to her and I want them to know I care for them as well as her. Sometimes I just have no idea what to say in these situations.:(

We ended up taking the day off yesterday since DH's appt. was in Louisianna, he wanted to have plenty of time to get over there and not be late. So while he went there, I tried to straighten the house up a bit. I can only really pile things together, like tools with tools and materials with materials...you get the picture...still a mess just a more organized one.:eek::D:rolleyes:! I really hate the house being torn to pieces but knowing it is for the greater good helps a lot! haha

Kim-I told dh about your neighbors and you should have seen his face light up when he realized you had the "General Lee" next door! :eek: Mind you DH is not from here but that car is universal , I think esp. to guys his age that grew up with the "Dukes".
I think it is amazing what they have managed to do with lasics now! Your recovery is great!
Have a great weekend!

Jo-Sorry no workout but I guarantee if the a/c was out here, I would probably be in a hotel somewhere! At least yall don't have this kind of weather that often. I bet it makes you want to go jump in the sound!
The floors are looking great! It is crazy how much it changes the house!
I got through #8 on IM2 but then I was pooped. I know I have lost a lot of stamina. I still felt like I got a good work out in though!

Cendrine-I hope they are treating you and your family like royalty at the hotel!:D Try not to get to used to lounging by the pool!;)

Off to attempt PLB..lol I am still a little sore from B&G on Monday!:rolleyes:

TTYL

Quick note as I'm off to spinning in a just a minute. I got up LATE again! I cannot get out of "long weekend" mode! Scheesch!

Rachel, hope the funeral went well. They are never easy but help gives everyone closure. Hope her family is managing. I can't imagine what her poor husband and kids must be going through. How'd you do on PLB? You probably haven't lost that much stamina but you probably pooped out on interval #8 because your legs were not recovered from B&G! I find that the Imax's (any of them) are always tougher if I've worked legs in the day or so prior. Up at 6:05 when you don't have to be??? You are definitely an early girl! I barely dragged myself out of bed at 8:00! When I workout in the morning though I try to be up by 7:00. :p DH always gets up about 5:30 just cuz he likes to! Crazy guy!

Kim, YAY on the framing! Now it's all taking shape! YAY on your vision! So you got new eyes, new hair, soon to be new shopping items and new house! You're a NEW woman! Hope you have a fun weekend!

Cendrine, hope you're having a fun day too whatever you're doing!

Check with you all later!

Well if a funeral could be considered beautiful...This one was definitely that. It was a real heroes service. They blocked the road in front of the funeral home with a fire truck that had an American flag hanging from it. There was standing room only inside and it was full of friends and family and every EMS person from counties all around and even some from Louisianna. They did the bagpipes at the end and the ringing of the bell. It was just wonderful for them to do that esp. for her family. This woman had a huge personality and it showed by how many people loved her! It was very sad but it was also light at the same time with people sharing stories that were just typically her.

Other than that, DH has been working on the floor but it is hard to get much done when you are working alone so I am sure we will tackle it again tomorrow and get more accomplished. Then we are taking the weekend off to relax and will start the bedroom on Mon. I hate to have it torn apart all weekend so I would rather do that during the week. I think DH is starting to wear from the stress too so it will be good for him to have a break.

Jo-I did alright with PLB. I was feeling like I might be a little weak in the back today so I did not want to go to heavy and risk tweaking something again. It still got my legs burnin though! I really like this rotation. I am supposed to have 2 rest days in the week but since I skipped a workout last weekend it all kind of rolled into this week.
I am like your DH...I like to get up in the morning. If we are not working, I get up a lot later (6 instead of 4) but I like to get up and get my workout done before DH starts stirring. It is easier for me to know he is still asleep for some reason...Who knows why!

TTYT

Hi Guys

well, we proved the last couple of days that you really can do school anywhere....LOL! When we left the house we went to an outdoor seating area of a grouping of restaurants, because our room was not ready yet. the kids loved that because there were treats like hot chocolates and such for them while we were doing school there. But then it got hot, so we went to the hotel, which finally let us check in early.... Finished school there and then had fun at the pool. I even got a TM workout in before heading out to the cub scouts pool party that night. The night was not so good for me, but then I never sleep well at hotels, so nothing new there. With dh needing one room for work, there wasn't much to do here and not downtime for me at all, not even a workout as I had hoped, but that's ok. The cat is adjusting well enough, but it will be nice for all of us to be back home.... ;) The kids are loving it, of course. We went and soaked in the hot tub this afternoon and then dd and I painted our nails while ds was setting up starwars lego battle lines....:rolleyes: I wish I could say I was stazing clean and within portion sizes but I'm not, it is really hard for me to do in settings like this. Oh well, at least it's just a few days.
So I'm not thinking I will get to work out tomorrow here either, but maybe I get to do something in the afternoon when we are back home.

Kim, how exciting that your vision is so great now! and a good haircut is always nice, I need to get one too! Have fun in the states! Ikea is a great place for things in the house, we have quite a few things in our house from there!

Jo, I hope you either get used to the heat or it cools off for you. It is taking me a little time to adjust too, someone said yesterday was the hottest day of the year, which is not hard to do with the temps we have been having, but also we have not been used to the heat all summer, so it will take a bit of adjusting. The weird thing is that we can't really forsee it anymore. Will it be hot until December now because it was cold so long or will it only last a week? Who knows, flexibility is in order here, I think....

Rachel, I'm glad to hear the funeral went well, what a hard funeral to go to, though! It's nice that the floor is coming along too! Do send pics when you are done!

Well, I better get the kids moving toward bed here...;)

Hello Hello!!! It's Friday! I love having a short week this week! And, I'm up LATE AGAIN! Maybe next week I can get back to a regularly programmed schedule! LOL! Today is PT day. So I'll do that this morning. Not much else going on.

Rachel, I'm glad the funeral was so nice so I'm sure you're glad you went. Sounds like you are making good progress on the floor!

Cendrine, glad the hotel adventure is starting out so well! I do not miss being on the road and losing sleep in hotels! I always had the "first night can't sleep" issue. Sounds like the kids are adapting well though!

Gotta run! I'll check back later when I have more time!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.