STS 2 Results

Thank goodness! Hopefully things will keep improving and you won't need to evacuate. Your photo reminds me of the smoke we got here in New Zealand from the Australian wildfires a few years ago. It was the first time I'd ever seen anything like it. Also, it was just as the Covid pandemic was starting and along with the constant news about the pandemic and people dying overseas and the smoke giving everything a yellowish tinge, it was very eerie.

the air has cleared somewhat, the bank of smoke has gone, and the temperatures are much cooler, so I can workout again. I have been doing recovery workouts, and will expand those to a week of LITE, and ICE before returning to STS 2.0. I was due for a rest week anyway. Boss Bands and Loops are in the car in case of an evacuation order, but rain yesterday has reduced the likelihood of that. Here’s a photo from a bad day. All smoke. Today I can see the lake.
View attachment 8601
Your heart rate was probably elevated this week from the stress ... I hope the fire is contained now.

I'm being derailed by wildfires. Heay, smoke, possibly evacuation orders, it's pretty chaotic.
Please be safe. There is some downright scary weather right now. I’m in Houston , Texas and yesterday was the first day in august that the temperature wasn’t at least 100 degrees. They’re forecasting 106 for tomorrow.

Okay, I'm sure you're all tired of hearing from me on STS 2.0 progress.

I'm now officially DONE with the whole 12-week rotation. Again, it took me longer than 12 weeks since I had a couple rest/recovery weeks thrown in between.

I am so happy and really proud of myself for sticking this through. I posted somewhere else that I think part of the magic formula for this for me was all the active recovery days. I wasn't pushing super hard for several straight days in a row. That helped me stick with it, and it also helped me not feel too terrible if I missed a day due to fatigue or other circumstances.

Results? Well, as I said when I started this, I'm not weighing or measuring myself. Just assessing progress based on how my clothing is fitting and how I feel overall. So I can't say "I lost ## pounds" or "I shrank ## inches".

I can say that my energy has really improved. So much so that I really dislike being sedentary for long periods of time. I get kinda fidgety, so taking extra walks has been one of the added benefits to this program (and because I'm not completely wiping myself out every single workout, I have the energy to go for those extra walks.)

My biceps have definitely grown. I have more definition in my shoulders and traps. I'm fitting into my clothing better, or even so much to say that I can fit into some of my smaller-sized jeans again (yay!) which means I've certainly slimmed down some around my waist and thighs.

And finally I'm defiinitely stronger. I've been able to increase my weight selections pretty frequently throughout the last cycle of the rotation. I've even been able to match Cathe or, in a few cases, surpass her in some of her weight selections. That's huge to me because I've just about never been able to match Cathe's weight selections.

I still think one of the more fun pieces of evidence to my all-around improvements is being able to get into crow pose in yoga and hold both my feet off the ground for more than just a split second.

So - Cathe, if you're reading this, THANK YOU. I am so very glad you put in the thought and time to do this system. It has been wonderful. You made it really fun and interesting to follow, too, so I never found myself getting bored or dreading a single workout. This set was perfection!

What's next for me? A deload week (super light weights), followed by an active recovery week (also with a massage and a trip to the chiropractor thrown in), and then it's on to my next rotation which will be including more STS 2.0 workouts plus the 8-week STS 2.0/XTrain rotation. Looking forward to seeing more results!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.