STS 2 Body parts

owhynot

Cathlete
I'm not usually into working one body part a day. But I did Shoulders on Monday - loved, loved it. I did Back today along with the bonus. I like this one also. I did the premix to include the bonuses and it stopped at the gorilla moves - just stopped. I could not fast forwarder, skip to the next chapter - just stopped. I went to the menu with just the bonuses listed and I was able to finish. I'm loosely following the rotation calendar to try all the workouts doing them one time. I have a cheap $39 LG DVD player I bought 2.5 years so. So far it works so much better than the refurbished Pioneer I bought in 2000 and had for 20 years.

I can't wait to do the other upper body parts. I'm unable to use weights for legs but I do the workouts using no weights. I still get a decent workout - maybe not the greatest but it works for me and has for many years.

I'm LOVING this series!!! Thank you Cathe for great workouts.

Last edited:
this was the DVD that just stopped playing when I got to the bonus workouts - I don't have On Demand.

I did chest and triceps today. I was laughing so hard at the faces Al was making doing triceps. You know he was working hard - gotta love him.

Last edited:
I'm not usually into working one body part a day. But I did Shoulders on Monday - loved, loved it. I did Back today along with the bonus. I like this one also. I did the premix to include the bonuses and it stopped at the gorilla moves - just stopped. I could not fast forwarder, skip to the next chapter - just stopped. I went to the menu with just the bonuses listed and I was able to finish. I'm loosely following the rotation calendar to try all the workouts doing them one time. I have a cheap $39 LG DVD player I bought 2.5 years so. So far it works so much better than the refurbished Pioneer I bought around 2000 and had for 20 years.

I can't wait to do the other upper body parts. I'm unable to use weights for legs but I do the workouts using no weights. I still get a decent workout - maybe not the greatest but it works for me and has for many years.

I'm LOVING this series!!! Thank you Cathe for great workouts.
How do you feel in terms of recovery? Do you feel recovering quicker compared to working more body parts?

How do you feel in terms of recovery? Do you feel recovering quicker compared to working more body parts?
Since the single body parts are worked longer, for me at 63 the recovery time is about the same as working total body or UB. Granted, my LB work does not include weights due to bad knees. I do kayak and ride my pedal assist bike in the summer. I also walk to and from work on most days, 30 minutes each way.

this was the DVD that just stopped playing when I got to the bonus workouts - I don't have On Demand.
I am having a few DVD issues also (I do not have OnDemand). I haven't played all of the DVDs yet, so was going to wait until I play them all until I inform CS. Skipping, pausing, hiccuping, and stopping.

Hi Gobias, the only problem we have had is with some players having an issue with the Active Recovery + Total Body Stretching DVD. We've had very few issues reported for the other 14 DVDs.

Hi Gobias, the only problem we have had is with some players having an issue with the Active Recovery + Total Body Stretching DVD. We've had very few issues reported for the other 14 DVDs.
You may start hearing about further issues as people move their way through the rotations. I'm doing the 12-week rotation so the body parts workouts are a ways off for me yet. I don't really have lots of time to sit and watch all these videos ahead of time, so I'll likely only discover potential problems when I go to work out with them the first time. Keeping my fingers crossed, though, that there won't be any problems. :)

Last edited:
You may start hearing about further issues as people move their way through the rotations. I'm doing the 12-month rotation so the body parts workouts are a ways off for me yet. I don't really have lots of time to sit and watch all these videos ahead of time, so I'll likely only discover potential problems when I go to work out with them the first time. Keeping my fingers crossed, though, that there won't be any problems. :)
There is a 12 month rotation? I missed that!

Our Body Parts Back dvd froze when doing the Premix Body Parts Back + Bonuses (48:27) during the gorilla rows. Had to exit out as the dvd would not advance.

Hi Debinmi,

Freezes can happen when playing any DVD, but as long as the main program plays fine it's not the DVD that is the issue when having a problem with a premix. A premix is just a computer script that tells your DVD player what to play next. In your case, it could be that if you play the premix again it will play fine or you may just need to clean the DVD. Finger smudges cause most DVD freezing issues. It also could be that your particular player will always have an issue with that particular premix. This is common with every DVD we have ever made as there are always a few players where certain premixes will not work.

Hi Debinmi,

Freezes can happen when playing any DVD, but as long as the main program plays fine it's not the DVD that is the issue when having a problem with a premix. A premix is just a computer script that tells your DVD player what to play next. In your case, it could be that if you play the premix again it will play fine or you may just need to clean the DVD. Finger smudges cause most DVD freezing issues. It also could be that your particular player will always have an issue with that particular premix. This is common with every DVD we have ever made as there are always a few players where certain premixes will not work.
yep - my old Pioneer DVD had issues with a handful of DV's not playing properly - even got some replacements and the same thing happened. When we moved 2 1/2 years go I got a new $39 DVD player with a thumb drive so I can play my Cathe LIve downloads. This DVD player did not work with the older TV I had but works great with a newer TV. The DVD's that didn't play before now play fine with no issues. It's weird that this happens.

I'm thankful Cathe still makes DVD's since I don't do streaming.

yep - my old Pioneer DVD had issues with a handful of DV's not playing properly - even got some replacements and the same thing happened. When we moved 2 1/2 years go I got a new $39 DVD player with a thumb drive so I can play my Cathe LIve downloads. This DVD player did not work with the older TV I had but works great with a newer TV. The DVD's that didn't play before now play fine with no issues. It's weird that this happens.

I'm thankful Cathe still makes DVD's since I don't do streaming.
Hi owhynot,

Yes, a new DVD player will solve most freezing issues. This is because of several reasons, but an old DVD player laser is one of the biggest issues. This is because as a DVD player ages the laser inside becomes weaker and will eventually die completely. Dust inside the player also becomes a major issue as it too will make it harder for the DVD laser to read a DVD. Besides finger smudges on a DVD, a weak or dirty laser is the next biggest cause of a DVD freeze or stalling issue. If you have an older player you can buy DVD player laser cleaning kits that may help if dust is an issue, but you can also get a new name-brand DVD player, like a Sony, for pretty cheap nowadays( under $40). I'm sure there also will be some really good deals during Amazon Prime Day on DVD players.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.