STS 2.0 3 month rotation for climbing

Amysue

Cathlete
Hello, beautiful Cathe. I have used STS 1.0 to get into uber shape for every fall European climbing trip since you introduced it. I'm starting 2.0 on Monday and using the 12 weeks to get into climbing shape. We climb trad/alpine and also do via ferrata plus some peak scrambling. Usually, we are out climbing/hiking for 6 to 9 hours a day all while carrying our packs. I know that strength translates into endurance but not so much vice versa. What would you recommend on my off days for cardio? Right now I'm biking, doing your spin when it's too hot, sprinting and hiking hills with my pack. I know the program stresses not overdoing cardio in order to gain strength. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. And for the record...YOU ROCK!!!!

Hello, beautiful Cathe. I have used STS 1.0 to get into uber shape for every fall European climbing trip since you introduced it. I'm starting 2.0 on Monday and using the 12 weeks to get into climbing shape. We climb trad/alpine and also do via ferrata plus some peak scrambling. Usually, we are out climbing/hiking for 6 to 9 hours a day all while carrying our packs. I know that strength translates into endurance but not so much vice versa. What would you recommend on my off days for cardio? Right now I'm biking, doing your spin when it's too hot, sprinting and hiking hills with my pack. I know the program stresses not overdoing cardio in order to gain strength. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. And for the record...YOU ROCK!!!!
Not Cathe but reading your post brought to mind a cardio machine that my ex-husband and I had. A Versa Climber. They’re super expensive so of course we had a cheap knockoff but dang it was still a good cardio workout and totally different from the regular elliptical, bike or treadmill.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.