starting new routine

Lex411

Cathlete
Don't ask me why I'm posting this or why I'm so excited about it, but I am!

In an effort to be time efficient and regain some enthusiasm for my workouts, I'm shaking things up a bit. I'm going to start doing weights in the early part of the day, before school, then doing cardio when I get home. That way I will hit each body part twice per week without it feeling like such a chore, and I cango all out on the cardio. I remember reading about pro hockey players like Al McInnis training that way in the off-season, putting hours between weights and cardio like that. And for some reason, I'm psyched about it.

Today I'll do MIS legs before I go, then MIS step section when I get back later. But the usual routine for a few weeks will be PS in the am, and then the cardio of my choice after class.

Funny how just the smallest changes can get you revved up again, isn't it? And I haven't used PS in ages, so it will seem really new to my body. Oh how easily amused I am!

Hi Lex! Just wanted to say that I'm excited for you too. I know the thrill factor involved when starting a new work out schedule. I personally love separating my cardio from my weights (if I am able to finagle it)since I have so much more strength, stamina, and focus to offer each workout.

Just wanted to wish you luck and give you a big high five before you lace up! Have a great workout(s)!!!!

Cathe, you sneaky-Pete! I didn't know you looked at the other forums, how surprising. I thought you only had time to check out the Ask Cathe section.

Thank you for the encouragement, you know that means the world to me. I grunted and groaned my way through MIS legwork before I left and after digesting a light meal I shall fly through the MIC step section, which is my favorite step class. I just love the music and choreography and I especially love the intervals at the end. Hopefully, my legs won't mutiny and bail out on me.

I've never split the routines like this but I bet I will love it.

Thanks for the kind words, Cathe. As I begin school to study Kinesiology and nutrition, you are a WONDERFUL inspiration and role-model. What a lucky family you have.

I've worked out like that for a long time....Cardio in the am and weights in the pm, or vice versa. Makes it nice when your time is limited. I may do Bodymax like that tomorrow. Seems that for me it's easier to do the weights in the am. I can catch up on the morning news shows while I'm lifting weights.

It went really well, it was a great way to work out. I sweat buckets both times, really worked my legs and got great strength and cardio without exhausting myself in one long torture session.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I was ready to blow off the cardio when I got home but I didn't because of all your messages.

You guys rock! (and yes, I know that expression is really dorky)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.