Started STS today! Owwwwwww!

chikaygo

Finally started STS today with my husband. I can't believe i convinced him to do it with me because he has ALWAYS resisted both structured workouts and Cathe workouts (he prefers random 30 minute runs and occasional trips to the gym to do a bunch of bicep curls :p ...needless to say he is not a routine exerciser). I've actually been away from Cathe for a couple months myself, and what a great way to remind myself to get back into it!!!

The best part of it (aside from the grunting and groaning throughout the whole tape), was at the end when my husband said "I have a whole new respect for that woman." Yes!!! Finally, he realizes that she's not floofy Jane Fonda material! :D

I know i'm going to be hurtin tomorrow..but i'm so very excited about the next 12 weeks! Wish us luck! :)

Kay

Wait til you hit the first leg disc! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I thought about that one for about a week after the 1st time I did it.

Have fun and enjoy!

Nan

Yah..just previewed the back/triceps and legs tape for the rest of this week. Not sure if i'm going to do back/triceps tomorrow cause i'm sooo sore! (and so is the husband!) Guess we'll have to see how we feel tomorrow!

Kay

Oooooh, I just finished the first leg dvd and my butt is screaming at me!!!! Loved the workout, but the DOMS are evil.

Shelby

How about DOMS just from doing two hours of one rep max's? My hubby has been a Cathe fan out of respect for what she's capable of and because I've used her DVD's(and videos) for years. Now he's decided to join me in the self torture that is STS! We start disc one later today (I'm a night nurse working in a NICU/PICU setting in the 'burbs of Chicago). Our pattern might be a little odd at times because both my hubby and I work nights and don't always do well with structured exercise programs because our sleep/wake schedules are often messed up. But we're going to give STS a whirl and do our level best to do it chronologically as well as incorporating cardio....give me step any day, but my husband doesn't have it together enough to do Cathe step...but he has made it through about 75% of the old Gin Miller Reebok step tape!!! Gotta start somewhere...

1RM soreness

LynnFinn, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I did *some* (not even half) of my 1RM testing on Sunday nite, took about an hour, was planning to start the program on Monday... here it is Tues nite, and I'm not even sure if the soreness will be resolved enough for me to be able to start the program by Wednesday morning! So I'm thinkin', how in the heck am I even going to be able to do this program? But I'm going for it anyway, LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.