stability ball size

rmdick

In push/pull, what size stability ball are you using on the video. I am 5'4" and bought the one recommended for my height but mine looks smaller (I can tell just by comparing where the ball height is when you are doing inner thights, etc.) than the ones you (Cathe) are using? Maybe I just need to blow it up more? thanks.

Hi not Cathe but here are my 2cents. I am 5'3 and i did by the ball Cathe uses in her body blast series. It is supposed to be 55cm but i also felt is was small and looked smaller than what she used according to the internet pictures of the body blast series. I bought the DVDs only, so although i havent recieved them yet i tried to compare the ball to the pics. I did try to blow the ball up accouple of times and that did seem to help a bit but it still seems smaller than what Cathe uses. Along time ago i bought a ball from walmart $11.00, it didn't say what size it was but comparing the two the walmart ball has to be 65cm and for me that actually feels like a better fit to my body. So when i get the Body blast series i will try out both balls and see which one i like better and give the other one to my daughters which love to play with them anyway. The other thing i have noticed is different companys have different highth requirements. I think it has more to do with how it fits to your body. Hope that helps:7 Tricia H.

I'm not Cathe either but they make different size balls, and you should use the size recommended for your height. It should list on the box somewhere which size ball you need for your height. That will give you the most stability, and the best overall results.

Carol
:)

I am 5'2" and I bought a 55 cm ball, but I don't think it is as big as the one that Cathe and the crew uses either, I think mine could use a little more air, but that still won't make it the same size as Cathe and the crew uses, I am going to get a 65 cm ball later from wal-mart and see if there is a difference.
But for now the one I have is ok, I did buy it from the same place Cathe and the crew bought theirs.
....... Rhonda:7

I'm 5'3" and use a 65cm ball. The 55 is way too small and when I sit on it my knees are pointing straight up, as opposed to when I'm on the 65 and my knees are going forward (legs at right angles). Go to a sports store and try them out for yourself and see which is best for you. :)

Hi There! I had the same problem until I was recommended to buy a "Deluxe Pump" from fitness1st.com. My DH pumped the ball up much higher than it was & voila!!! its really made a difference. Try purchasing this pump. HTH, Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.