sound fluctuations in HSC?

CurlyQ

Cathlete
Has anyone else had problems with the sound on High Step Challenge? I think it may be just my DVD since I haven't seen any posts about it but I just wanted to check here first before contacting SNM. Basically the sound is normal and then suddenly it's very low and muffled sounding (both music and Cathe's voice). I tried different surround sound settings but it didn't seem to help.

Anyone else have this problem with any of the DVDs?

The sound in my IMAX3 does this in a couple of places. It doesn't last very long, probably only a couple seconds, and then it is OK again. I didn't notice anything in my HSC though.

>Has anyone else had problems with the sound on High Step
>Challenge? I think it may be just my DVD since I haven't seen
>any posts about it but I just wanted to check here first
>before contacting SNM. Basically the sound is normal and then
>suddenly it's very low and muffled sounding (both music and
>Cathe's voice). I tried different surround sound settings but
>it didn't seem to help.
>
>Anyone else have this problem with any of the DVDs?

Quite a few people have had sound problems, from so low they can't really hear it to sound fluctuations. I suggest you email SNM and let them know that you are having problems. Make sure your dvd player is in pcm mode first though. For a lot of people this helped with the sound issue.

Take care,

DeeDee

>
>
>Make sure your dvd player is in pcm mode first though. For a
>lot of people this helped with the sound issue.
>
>Take care,
>
>DeeDee

DeeDee,

What is pcm mode on a dvd player?

Susan

>DeeDee,
>
>What is pcm mode on a dvd player?
>
>Susan

Hi Susan,

You should be able to find the pcm mode in the aduio setup menu of your dvd player. SNM suggest making sure that the audio is set to pcm and that the enhanced sound isn't on. This has worked for some people. For me all it did was make the sound fluctuations a little less noticable, but it is still there.

DeeDee

My Sony DVD player doesn't have a PCM option. I haven't had any problems with any of the other DVD's that I've tried, except I noticed it in one spot on Stretch Max (it's not enough to return it though). With HSC it's really obvious throughout the workout. I guess I'll contact SNM (after I check all the videos).

>My Sony DVD player doesn't have a PCM option.

Are you sure? My Sony player does. However, it isn't accessed by pressing the audio button as some have described for their players. On mine, I access audio options when the player is stopped (on mine this is a blue Sony screen) and then press 'display' and scroll to the audio options. There are a number of settings you can change from there.

HTH!

I do have sound fluctuations with HSC. While the music is low during the main workout, I can hear it and Cathe both. But during the cool down/strecth I couldn't hear Cathe at all. I had to either turn up my volume or watch the screen to see what to do. Shouldn't the sound level remain consistent throughout the workout?

Why do we have to futz with our sound settings when playing SNM DVDs but no other manufacturer requires us to do that? Seems odd to me. Shouldn't they play fine on the majority of set ups, like 99% of the rest of the DVDs made do?

I also don't understand why we have to fiddle around with our sound settings in order to get proper sound on these DVD's. Something is not right here. I played LowMax and then put in Cardio and Weights from the Intensity Series - there was definitly a difference in sound. The music was much louder in C&W. My workout area has surround sound, speakers up the ying-yang, a sub-woofer and I still have to fiddle with the sound on these HardCore DVD's?? I've never had to fiddle with sound before and I have over 200 exercise DVD's.

It would be so nice if SNM would acknowledge to their buyers that there is a sound issue and they are working on it.

Michele

Hey--
I had a sound problem with HSC also. It got really low during the beginning of the workout, seemed OK after that. I'll e-mail the support people to let them know...

Lisa

Hi Michele I have the same problem with all my hardcore dvd. I don't need soundspeakers with the body blast and the intensity series and the quality of the sound is marvellous. I have bought soundspeakers and a soundwoofer to use the hardcore series and I don't like the sound of my hardcore dvd.I would like to know if SNM is going to do something.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :)

I haven't even previewed this one yet as the circuits don't really fit in my workouts. I only do these total body workouts every couple weeks as I can work them into my rotation.

I will let you know though once I do look at it/do it :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.