Sodium Content in nutrition manager

goldenrun358

Cathlete
I purchased the nutrition manager software a few days ago and have noticed that every day my sodium level is through the roof. Today I entered 1c fresh streamed kale and it said the sodium content was over 300mg. The kale showed as the food with the highest sodium content for the day. Is this an error? Fresh kale should only have around 45mg sodium.

Thanks

Hello, I have looked into this for you and did see the high sodium amount for the Kale. The nutrition content that our nutrition software displays does come directly from the USDAs numbers. It is because of all the different ways the Kale is stored (canned frozen etc) That the sodium is off by so much. Fortunately all you need to do to correct this on your end is to click on the kale you selected for your meal plan, and you will see the 4th tab over says custom. click that tab and you will see 'Create New Custom Food" tab at the bottom of the box. If you click on that tab all the nutritional information for the Kale will show up and you can simply change the sodium content to what it should be and save it. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.