so who's done the Insanity Fit Test?

ripley33

Cathlete
I did mine today and got:

1. Switch kicks - 64
2. Power Jacks - 61
3. Power knees - 96
4. Power Jumps - 41 (omygod that was hard)
5. Globe Jumps - 10
6. Suicide Jumps - 22
7. Push-up jacks - 40
8. Low plank oblique - 84

That was hard! My goal is to get abs like the girl demonstrating in the video ;) So how'd you do with yours?

Laura

Switch kicks- 70
Power jacks- 55
Power knees (lost count or maybe oxygen to the brain:eek:)
Power Jumps-46
Globe Jumps- 12
Suicide jumps- 13
Push up jacks- 25
Low plank oblique-48

Oh yeah, I agree. It was hard!!!

my numbers are in the basement...too tired to get em ;-) my numbers weren't far from the lady in the DVD (lower but close) with the exception of the plank oblique thingies-my hands kept slipping from all the sweat!!! Gonna do the next one the in the AM...pray for me :D

my numbers are in the basement...too tired to get em ;-) my numbers weren't far from the lady in the DVD (lower but close) with the exception of the plank oblique thingies-my hands kept slipping from all the sweat!!! Gonna do the next one the in the AM...pray for me :D

and me too! I am soooooooo scared lol!

Regarding impact, how high is it? I really want it but am waiting to hear how high impact the moves are. I think as long as it isn't high repetition (like an entire step dVD is), I might be ok. Some of it just sort of makes my knees hurt watching...

Regarding impact, how high is it? I really want it but am waiting to hear how high impact the moves are. I think as long as it isn't high repetition (like an entire step dVD is), I might be ok. Some of it just sort of makes my knees hurt watching...

It is not too bad. I got my glute, hamstring and butt area injured while I was training for STS. It was so bad that I could not walk and sit last week. My doc gave me anti inflamatory medicine and did 4 PT so far. I got Insanity today. I just can't resist it. I tried it tonight. I dared not to over do it. So I did not push hard. So considering it, the impact you can control. Even with my restrained testing, my heart rate went up to 100% very quickly. My numbers are in my basement and it is basement numbers.:eek: since they are lower than all ladies post here. I will see how my butt react tomorrow. I did a long stretch exercises prescribed by my PT. Hopefully, I can still walk and wont feel the pain. Then tomorrow I will start Ploymetric.

I would die for abs that the lady in the video have.

i should be doing mine today but....... i did plyo legs yesterday so i'm feeling pretty sore today. I figured i need to give my legs at least a day of rest since the fit test has some plyo moves. I want to be able to push myself during the test and don't feel like i can today with my legs and booty feeling this sore. So i will do it tomorrow.

I actually woke up a couple times during the night worrying about getting up this morning and doing the fit test:( I did it and now feel so much better! I'm sure it will be tough but I know I can do it. Cathe and Chalean have gotten me very ready!!

Switch Kicks 72
Power Jacks 63
Power Knees 111
Power Jumps 55
Globe Jumps 12
Suicide Jumps 23
Push Up Jacks 31
Low Plank Obliques 72

Impressive numbers fitme40!!!

I just finished Cardio Power & Resistance. :DI have to say, this is a hard program but I am feeling the love for the intensity. I am putting out maximum effort and it is not easy, but I feel so good when I'm finished.
I mean, I really feel like I accomplished something. :cool:

I think this program is perfect for all us gals who carry fat in our lower body. If all this plyo work doesn't lean out my legs- I'm quit! Just kidding!:eek:

Did the fit test today. Though it was hard, I don't consider it a workout (too short). I went ahead and did some steady state on the Stairmaster.

Switch kicks - 68
Power Jacks - 63
Power Knees - 98
Power Jumps - 40
Globe Jumps - 10
Suicide Jumps - 20
Push Up Jacks - 25
Low Plank Oblique - 75

I think this series is exactly what I need. I've never been able to do circuit DVD's because my HR gets too low during the weight work and then it never gets back up because the cardio portion is too short for the level of effort required. From previewing, it looks like he is combining cardio, core and strength throughout without sacrificing HR level. I was shocked how the push up jacks got my HR up. Plain push ups never do that. Such a simple thing as jacking my legs just shoots it up there.

Only problem I foresee is that all the workouts look very similar. Will boredom set in?????

Lauren

You girls are killin' me! Now I want this SOOO bad!:p My husband's gonna ban me from these forums :D

This one's going to have to stay on my wishlist for a while, but till then keep telling me how much pain you're in and I'll keep reminding myself that one day I will be INSANE too!:D

Dani

Only problem I foresee is that all the workouts look very similar. Will boredom set in?????

Good question. I've done Cardio Plyo circuit several times and when I viewed Cardio Power & Resistance I thought they were very much the same. I didn't get that feeling when I did CP&R this morning.
Pure cardio scares the crap out of me!:eek: I don't see any breaks.
I'll be ready to take a cardio break tomorrow and hit the pure cardio after.

My jeans were fitting loser today.:D These 40 minute workouts pack such a big punch I think I'll stay motivated. At least for the summer months.

Switch kicks 75
Power jacks 68
Power knees 106
Power jumps 55
Globe jumps 10
Suicide jumps 20
Puxh up jacks 25 (I only did it for 30 seconds- I couldn't do it any longer)
Low plank oblique 76

Let me say that these kind of workouts are right up my alley!! I am a true blooded cardioholic! I will definitely be getting my fix on these workouts. I did the fit test this morning and then did the plyometric cardio circuit. I couldn't believe how long the warm up was and what a warm up that was. I have never done such an intense warm up EVER!!!

I am totally psyched to do all the workouts. I am glad that I got the deluxe package - which the Max interval sports training looks very interesting.

I will definitely be joining any check ins you girls will be having. Talk about a sweat fest!!!!

Cheryl

Switch kicks: 125
Power jacks: 55
Power knees: 95
Power jumps: 53
Globe jumps: 8
Suicide jumps: 25
Push-up jacks: 8 (push-ups have always been my weak point :eek:)
Low Plank Oblique: 85

I am previewing Plyometric Cardio Drills right now and I can't wait! Here is the discussion I've been having with my boyfriend about it:

Me: This looks awesome.
BF: This is totally NOT awesome. It's crazy. They haven't had a break yet! What's up with that?
Me: It's still the warmup - they can't take a break in the middle of the warmup.
BF: No way. This is the workout.
Me: No - look at the little counter thingie. It's the warmup!
BF: I can tell you right now that I will not be doing this with you.

Questions for you ladies. How are you going to use Max interval and the weight one. It is not that I can do it now. My injury kept me in bay, even with basic package. I did order the delux one. Just curious how to use those.

Thanks

My jeans were fitting loser today.:D These 40 minute workouts pack such a big punch I think I'll stay motivated. At least for the summer months.

please post your results/impressions when you finish the program everyone. i'd be interested to hear. good luck. :)

Just finished my fit test:
switch kicks: 82
Power jacks: 56
Power knees: 100
Power jumps: 42 (these killed me)
Globe jumps: 9
Suicide jumps: 25
Push-up jacks: 24
Low Plank Oblique: 58

i then finished up with the 4DS kickbox and core to round out todays workout.

Not me yet. I'm waiting till Monday when I really start the program... I don't know if that means I'm exercising discipline by waiting or just plain stalling ;)

Either way I'm both looking forward to and a little nervous about starting this. I have been focusing on strength as of late so I know my cardio needs work. this is just what the doctor ordered right? :cool:

You guys are posting impressive numbers!

Question on the switch kicks: Are you counting every kick or every pair of kicks. In other words does a right and then left kick count as 1 or 2?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.