So who here owns a Wii?

NaturalBeauty

Cathlete
Was thinking about purchasing one for christmas...anyone have any recommendations on any good games my family and I would enjoy? Thanks

Tassha

i have wii fit. i like mostly the cardio and balance games over strength/yoga although i will go there from time to time for a balance test. i never played but dh liked endless ocean. his only problem was he beat it in a week LOL.

been kind of tight to go and rent more games right now. i am hoping my father in laws sends enough to either get outdoor challenge or i spy.

kassia

We have it, and then games that come with it are really fun! I also recommend Guitar Hero and/or Rockband -- super fun!!

We have it and I love it. The regular game that comes with it with bowling, boxing, tennis, etc., that's fun by itself -- my husband and I get obsessed with the bowling and weekly have family bowling nights in our living room!! :eek:

I also think the carnival games are fun. There is a Mario Brothers game that has a lot of different games available and most of them are carnival like. FUN!

My kids have rock band and guitar hero for their Xbox 360 but that is alot of fun too, so I'd have to agree it is probably just as fun on the Wii.

We do!

How old are your kids? My 10-year-old son plays it a lot and knows way more games than I do. How old are your kids?

DH and I love Rock Band and Guitar Hero, but I can't say that would be a great choice for every age. Some of those lyrics in Rock Band ... well, let's just say that I do all of the singing, and tend to mumble through "Sell the kids for food..."

Hi,
My DH and I have a Wii, and actually now that the kids are in bed, we are going to play Guitar Hero World Tour (it comes with everything RockBand has). We also have Mario Cart, and that is really fun too (especially with the wheels). I played that so many nights when I was pregnant and couldn't sleep!

Another hilarious game that was a hit with my whole family at Thanksgiving is Wario Ware Smooth Moves. Someone mentioned that one here a while ago, and it is strange but so funny. Each game is made up of about 10 or so "microgames" lasting only a few seconds. You use the controller in various positions (like a waiter, like a mohawk, like an elephant trunk, etc.) and you have to perform strange tasks (like direct people to the correct bathroom, pick a nose hair out of a nose, hula hoop, shut off an alarm clock, etc.). We tend to like those games that can be played in a short time since we don't have a lot of time to play games like Sims.
-Jen

We have a Wii :D:D:D:D

We play all the sports games that came with it. My boys are 4 and 7 and they LOVE it. I haven't let them really discover the games yet, because I don't want them playing video games all day. But on a cold, rainy day it's great for family fun!!!!!
ellie

I agree with the Wario Ware recommendation, and we also like the Mario games (Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy).

Renting different games at Blockbuster is also a good way to try out new games.

My kids love Rayman Raging rabbids and I was addicted to Mario Kart for about two weeks, which is amazing for me to spend that much time in front of the tv

Another hilarious game that was a hit with my whole family at Thanksgiving is Wario Ware Smooth Moves. Someone mentioned that one here a while ago, and it is strange but so funny. Each game is made up of about 10 or so "microgames" lasting only a few seconds. You use the controller in various positions (like a waiter, like a mohawk, like an elephant trunk, etc.) and you have to perform strange tasks (like direct people to the correct bathroom, pick a nose hair out of a nose, hula hoop, shut off an alarm clock, etc.). We tend to like those games that can be played in a short time since we don't have a lot of time to play games like Sims.
-Jen

Thanks for this recommendation, I am definitely getting this!! Sounds so fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.