So, I Lost a Hen This Weekend :(

sparrow13

Cathlete
My first and favorite, Pearl, was attacked and killed by a hawk on Sunday. I fully expected that this might happen someday but still, it's a bummer, and I really wish I hadn't seen it. She was free-ranging but had wandered back into the run and the hawk was able to trap her in there. I know some don't let their hens free-range for this reason but I'm glad she had a good life doing what she loved to do most: strolling and eating. :)

And I must say, the hawk was magnificient. It actually got trapped in the run - DH and my dad had to cut a section of the run away and coax it out - so we saw it up close.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. :)

Oh no!!! Was she the pretty red/brown one. I remember when you posted pics, and that was especially pretty.

{{{Sparrow}}}

Nan

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it brings you comfort to know Pearl enjoyed her life thanks to you. (((Sparrow)))

I'm SO sorry Sparrow!!! I loved your posts about Pearl and know how much she meant to you. She had a very good life!

:(
That's so sad.
I remember Pearl. She was one beautiful chicken!

At least she lead a happy and free life.

Well, I never "met" Pearl, but I'm sorry that she was taken. Still, it sounds like she had a very happy life! {{{hugs}}}

I'm sorry too and I understand. I had a pet chicken when I was a kid. It was blind and it's name was Rusty. I would pull it around in a wagon all the time. I loved that bird.

So sorry about your lovely Pearl. I saw the pics you posted awhile back and she, along with your other babies, was beautiful. She definitely had a good life with you, and now she's up there free-ranging in chicken heaven...

Peace,

(((((hugs)))) to you!!! But, as a vegetarian, I want to thank you for having a free range hen and loving her. That is true kindness.

Hang in there.

Sparrow..I'm so sorry about Pearl! She was beautiful..she lived such a wonderful life while she was with you! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.