So bummed. Can't afford RT.

debgore

Cathlete
I was so excited about the RT announcement, because I turn 40 in August, and what a great present it would be. But when I added up the expenses of getting there, etc., it came to over $1,000. That's kind of a lot for me. Anyone else out there who can't afford it and can share in my misery? Actually, I hope everyone else can afford it, so I can count on lots of photos and many updates on the fun!

Have a great day!

Awwww, that's too bad Deborah! It is a really expensive weekend, though, by the time you add it all up. So I think there are many Catheites who won't be able to come due to finances - especially in this time of economic downturn, and with the rising cost of gas. I hope you get the chance to go on the next RT. :)

Count me in on being out. I thought about, too (my birthday is also right around then!), but there's just no way. STS will have to be enough - and the pull-up bar when that comes out.

I'm with ya Deborah...I spend my money very carefully and with all the withdrawls on the 'Bank of Mom' lately, the RT ain't happenin'. Between my 17 year old's trip to France, my 18 year old's trip to Australia, French exchange students in my home, cheerleading costs, Avril Lavigne tickets, University tuitions and res costs for my eldest....the money tree is picked clean. I hope everyone has a blast on the RT and I know I'll have a fab time living vicariously through everyone's pictures.:)

Take Care
Laurie

I spending my travel money on a trip to Paris this year, and I'd rather spend two or three more days there than spend the money on the RT.

I hear you Deborah! I went last year and set aside $1,000 for the whole weekend (I drove --- when gas was much cheaper!). Then, I was still pulling in some income (I'm a lawyer/SAHM and the few cases I was handling gave me some flexible income.) This year however, I've chosen to do more "mom activities" with / for my kids, so I feel incredibly guilty about asking DH if it's ok for me to go. I think I've kind of resigned myself that I probably cannot. :(

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I cannot even afford another Cathe DVD let alone a Road Trip :7 But I can afford to come to the forum and read all about it and see pictures and dream!!! I am right there with you in the misery, but I'm excited to "hear" and see all about it too!

Mary

I'm with you. I'd rather have the new pullup tower, a weighted vest and other things to go with STS. I would love to go but this is not the year. Hopefully in a couple of year I will set the money aside. But I can't wait to see everyone who does get to go pictures.

Farrah

Yeah, I went on the RT last year and it was a really fantastic experience. This year it is definitely a NO go for me, also. I know last year, I spent at least $1000 for a weekend. We had the money last year.

This year is totally different. My husband is a licensed builder/roofer and there is almost zilch in house building in Michigan. I could never justify spending that kind of money for a weekend.

I must add the food, the fun, the companionship, meeting Cathe and her crew were a once in a lifetime experience for me.

I am excited for everyone else who will have a chance to go this year!

Cheryl

Ok, maybe this is totally wacky idea, but for those that aren't going on the road trip, maybe we can have a cathe marathon weekend, where we do multiple videos and then try to pamper ourselves a bit more afteward? Just a thought I had.....

-Beth

>Ok, maybe this is totally wacky idea, but for those that
>aren't going on the road trip, maybe we can have a cathe
>marathon weekend, where we do multiple videos and then try to
>pamper ourselves a bit more afteward? Just a thought I
>had.....
>
>-Beth

I think that they may have actually done something like this on the forums the last couple of road trips. Not a wacky idea at all! :)

>had.....
>
>-Beth

You could do a "Second Life" Road Trip!!!

http://secondlife.com/

OMG...those were the geekiest words I ever typed. :+

>had.....
>

We've done that before (I "organized"one two years ago). We pretty much emulated the classes they could take (at times that were convenient for us: I wasn't about to workout at 8:00 Eastern Time!), posted threads about what we had for lunch (okay, kind of odd, but it got us into the spirit of things), and otherwise kept up a spirit of camraderie among those of us who weren't at the RT.

You're not alone Deborah. I'm going on a cruise to the Caribbean at the end of June. I certainly can't afford the RT this year. :(

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

I am in the same boat with you! With buying STS and out house falling apart the money just isn't there. I will be excited to see how much fun everyone has!

Don't feel bad. I wouldn't be able to afford it either. I would much rather put it towards a nice weekend get away w/ my family. ;-) So you won't be alone!

I'll join in you in the too poor for RT blues!! I thought last year that I just might be able to afford it this year. Then I decided to move to southern Florida and get a fresh start...which has been wonderful in many ways, but tough financially. *sigh* Maybe NEXT year??? x(

*humming the blues*

I feel your pain. I am from PA so I do not have as much travel expenses as many of the other forum members do (just a hour and a half down 76 for me) but it will still be about 600 dollars with gas, hotel room and regestration fee. I am going to school to become an RRT and made the decision to not work anymore to better focus on school so I will not fail out. I am currently working p/t. That means that by this summer I will be living off of student loans. There is a little devil sitting on my shoulder that is saying "just put it on the plastic" but the part of me that has a little more sense is saying that if I do not cut my spending down I am going to run out of money and end up going back to work. I think I may have to just focus on the fact that I was really lucky to go last year before school started to get so hetic and tell myself that I will allow myself to go in 2009 as a graduation present to myself. I know I will probably change my mind a million times between now and when sign up starts and maybe feel regret once all the spaces fill up but I am really hoping that the more logical part of me wins out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.