Snack Smarter at the Office

I used to eat protein bars for a snack at work. Now I keep natty pb at work and make a quick PB and banana sammich for a snack. I also keep low fat mozerella cheese sticks on hand to snack on.

Now, I won't mention all the candy that's just lying around tempting me :confused: Honestly I do pretty good. My coworkers all stare in amazement when I have a peice of candy :eek:

I used to have candy at work. Everyone hated me. :)

I also snack on almonds, pumpkin seeds, or generally, whatever. :)

I'm a hungry girl.

And Catherine can you stop posting for a while and let me catch up?? I'm not sure how I got to be THREE THOUSAND POSTS behind you... :confused:

Good article, Ame. It really is hard to find the right stuff to eat at the office, especially when you don't really stop for "lunch". I roll 4 slices of turkey into little cigars every morning and put them into this little plastic container that fits into my purse. Whatever else I may snack on during the day (usually Larabars and the like), those slices of turkey are what really save me from fatigue and hunger and get me through the day. Without them I'd be roadkill. :p

I know what you mean! There's so much junk out there. But FreshDirect, where I get my groceries, has some excellent turkey, including their own fresh roasted turkey. Of course it's pricey, but I cannot eat that processed stuff!

Oooh fresh roasted turkey that's what I need!!! :) And here I was thinking I had to wait until Thanksgiving...

So do they slice it thin Nance? I guess I don't get it. I'll go over to Fresh Direct and check it out.

I know what you mean! There's so much junk out there. But FreshDirect, where I get my groceries, has some excellent turkey, including their own fresh roasted turkey. Of course it's pricey, but I cannot eat that processed stuff!

Must check it out. I loves me some turkey!!

Nance is it this?:
Our signature tender turkey breast, delicately seasoned and slow-roasted, free of nitrates, nitrites, and other chemical preservatives. We highlight turkey's classic flavor with a subtle seasoning of paprika, sea salt, and ground white pepper. Pile our fresh roast turkey on toast with smoky bacon, a juicy slab of beefsteak tomato, some crunchy lettuce, and a bit of mayo — the ultimate turkey club.

I bet someone around here (Whole Foods) sells the same kind of thing. Hmm. I've just been making DH cook turkey burgers from Trader Joes! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.