SLIM SERIES?

ABC123

I have been looking into the slim series and the slim in 6, I was wondering which one was better and if it is worth it to buy? I enjoy doing Cathe that now I am afraid to get any other workouts because I don't want to be disappointed? I have a wedding that I am in and need to slim up a bit and was wondering if these series would help and which one is better? thanks for all your help.

Christina

Slim in 6 is the beginner series. Slim Series is intermediate/advanced. I really like Slim Series and will use a 4-6 week rotation between Cathe rotations. I found that the high rep/low weights worked well for me in defining muscles especially in the arms and shoulders. I think that they're a great program and work well with Cathe because they're so different. I'm a great believer in mixing things up.Yes, I think they're worth it.

I borrowed Slim in 6 from a friend. It is a beginner workout. It did nothing for me in terms of cardio and toning. Also all of the workouts are pretty much the same and I was extremely bored. After all the problems people are reporting with Beachbody, I have no desire to purchase any others. I think that Cathe will give you the results you are looking for.

I pretty much always do Cathe's strength, but I decided to try Slim Series since everyone was having such good results with them. I was sceptical. I did the 4 week Slimming rotation. I added 30 minutes of cardio with the 1 hour ones (usually CTX cardio or treadmill running). It was hard to stick to the rotation, but I did it and I got great results! This was this past July. I am doing the rotation again, at the moment. I have one more week left and I am seeing the same "slimming results" that I did last year.

I love the results and I think they are perfect to throw in every so often between other rotations. I will admit that it is hard to stick to the rotation because they lack the "fun factor" and great music that Cathe has, but for a change, they are great! I really like Debbie as an instructor.

I have not tried Slim In 6.

Linda

I have been doing SS for the past 2 weeks..not with a specific rotation. Though I am thinking I may give it a try:) Is it important to add extra cardio to see results? I really try to up the intensity when there are short cardio breaks. Instead of jogging I will do high knees and instead of jumping jacks I do plyo-jumps.
I would love to stick to the slimming rotation to mix things up some..but I don't want to commit to the 4 weeks and not see results.

I have heard (or should I say, "read") where people have had results without adding extra cardio. But I need cardio at least five days per week in order to not feel achy and stiff. It helps my mood! You may be just fine and have good results without adding it, but for me...I know I needed it. I know what you mean about not wanting to commit to 4 weeks and not see results! I do think it is a very good way to crosstrain, though.

Linda

I've done it both ways; with cardio and without, and I've had good results both ways. I actually find that if I don't rotate in some cardio, I overtrain much more quickly. So, it depends on how long my rotation is going to be. A short one, I'll probably just rotate Slim Series, longer, I'll add in some cardio - usually the Imaxes because they're my favorites! I've also done SS and added the short CTX cardios afterward, although I sometimes need two days off if I do that.

When you guys say you get great results, is it in muscle definition? I mean, can you see the results in and out of your clothes?

What about if I alternated a Slim Series workout with Cathe CTX. I would like to do something that will give me maximum results. I definetly feel *worked* after SS but I just don't know if it's enough cardio. I should just stop worrying about it and start the rotation already:) By alternating days am I compromsing the SS training methods?

There is just so much to learn:)

I got fantastic results with the Slim Series. I did some form of cardio in addition to the SS though. I don't think cardio is necessary, but I love the high that I get from a kick-butt carido workout so I included it.

In terms of results, I mean inches lost in my upper torso, abs, and thighs -- all my trouble spots. I definitely decreased my body fat % with the SS.

My diet was not fantastic while doing the rotation. Not that I recommend it, but I just wanted to point that out.

I think the workouts are a lot different than Cathe's, but I like that. It's a nice change of pace. I realized that my body responds better to high-rep, low-weight training. Hard to believe that when I am an ectomorph, huh?

I got the dvd's so I use the workouts utilizing "the w/out music option" and play my own tunes. I didn't think the workouts were repetitive and boring IMO, but we're all different. :) I didn't have any problems ordering from beachbody either. That may have been because I didn't use the payment option. I paid all at once with my credit card.

Hi Guys -

What exactly is the Slim Series rotation? Is it just doing the 6 tapes in the same order for 4 weeks? I'm interested to try -

Thanks!

TSUT,

Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering about results because it's sooooo hard for me to believe muscle definition can be achieved through high rep, low weight type workouts.

But, I have been doing a Freestyle rotation for about four weeks that was recommended for slimming the lower body and I am noticing some really fantastic results in my legs and glutes. Freestyle is high rep, low weight lower body work. I have kept with heavier weights on upper body and that seems to really be balancing out my shape.

I am an hourglass with endomorph tendencies and I understand slim series was developed for my body type.

Hope to hear more feedback.

Yes Ruppie - The rotation is doing the same tapes for 4 weeks. The high-intensity rotation from the SS program incorpates the workouts in this order:

Shape It Up
Firm It Up
Mix It Up
Tone It Up
Cool It Off
Tear It Up
Stretch

There are other rotations, but this is the most advanced one so I chose to do this one.

Candi - I really love freestyle training, too. I did that a few years back when I was going to the gym. I couldn't believe how fast my results were from working legs every day.

I also choose the *music off* option. Once I started doing this the workouts flowed better for me.
I don't have any complaints about my upper body..just my hips and thighs. I am going to give the rotation a try and see what happens.

Hi Christina

I started a SS rotation a few weeks ago and I really like it! I didn't think that I would because I rarely like any instructor different from Cathe! But I also think that mixing things up is very good for your body.

FYI: I have been adding in 3-4 hours of cardio - both imaxes, KPC, and if possible, Bootcamp or another kickboxing tape such as Powerstrike. I haven't been able to strictly follow the suggested SS rotation since I make sure to do my cardio in the morning and then I don't always have the time to do the SS in evening. I like all the SS workouts except "Shape it Up," which is too long and boring (to me). I was very pleasantly surprised with "Cool it Off," which is a one hour stretch workout. I have never done yoga but loved this workout - you feel soo good afterwards!

Also, I have had excellent customer service from Beachbody. In fact I am planning to buy the P90X series soon.

By the way, the Slim in 6 series is much easier than SS. If you have been doing Cathe workouts for awhile then I would suggest SS over Slim in 6. My mother is doing Slim in 6 now after many years of running 5 miles per day and she is seeing results.

Hope that this information helps you to make your decision.

Best Wishes,
Angie

Hi Christina

I started a SS rotation a few weeks ago and I really like it! I didn't think that I would because I rarely like any instructor different from Cathe! But I also think that mixing things up is very good for your body.

FYI: I have been adding in 3-4 hours of cardio - both imaxes, KPC, and if possible, Bootcamp or another kickboxing tape such as Powerstrike. I haven't been able to strictly follow the suggested SS rotation since I make sure to do my cardio in the morning and then I don't always have the time to do the SS in evening. I like all the SS workouts except "Shape it Up," which is too long and boring (to me). I was very pleasantly surprised with "Cool it Off," which is a one hour stretch workout. I have never done yoga but loved this workout - you feel soo good afterwards!

Also, I have had excellent customer service from Beachbody. In fact I am planning to buy the P90X series soon.

By the way, the Slim in 6 series is much easier than SS. If you have been doing Cathe workouts for awhile then I would suggest SS over Slim in 6. My mother is doing Slim in 6 now after many years of running 5 miles per day and she is seeing results.

Hope that this information helps you to make your decision.

Best Wishes,
Angie

This thread has peaked my intrest in the Slim Series, is there a website I can go to get more information?

Thank you :)

This thread has peaked my intrest in the Slim Series, is there a website I can go to get more information?

Thank you :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.