Slide n' Glide disc problem

FitinAK

Cathlete
I have a home gym and my flooring is heavy duty rubber (horse stall mats to be specific). None of my slide n' glide discs (or paper plates or rags) work on this flooring. Any suggestions on what I can use for the exercises that require these? I've been racking my brain and can't come up with a thing. Ugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a home gym and my flooring is heavy duty rubber (horse stall mats to be specific). None of my slide n' glide discs (or paper plates or rags) work on this flooring. Any suggestions on what I can use for the exercises that require these? I've been racking my brain and can't come up with a thing. Ugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi FitinAK, I had the same problem since I also have those heavy duty rubber flooring in my home gym so I bought one sheet of wood panel large enough to do the workouts (can't remember the exact measurements). I bought one without any lines carved on it and with a completely smooth surface, so when I use my discs it slides nicely. Of course, I have to store it up on the wall of my home gym to get it out of the way for when I do my other workouts but it's never a problem. Any store like Home Depot or Loews should have those available. I hope this works for you.

Hi FitinAK, I had the same problem since I also have those heavy duty rubber flooring in my home gym so I bought one sheet of wood panel large enough to do the workouts (can't remember the exact measurements). I bought one without any lines carved on it and with a completely smooth surface, so when I use my discs it slides nicely. Of course, I have to store it up on the wall of my home gym to get it out of the way for when I do my other workouts but it's never a problem. Any store like Home Depot or Loews should have those available. I hope this works for you.

Hi FitinAK, this is what it looks like:
Frp_Wall_Panel_Smooth_and_Moistureproof.jpg

In another forum, one of the posters suggested buying an area rug or carpet remnant to lay over the rubber flooring. It can be rolled up and put away after your done with it.

In another forum, one of the posters suggested buying an area rug or carpet remnant to lay over the rubber flooring. It can be rolled up and put away after your done with it.
Hi Lockicat, I tried that but I found that it wasn't as smooth and it didn't slide as easily on that surface - maybe it was the rug/carpet I was using.

I might have an area rug kicking around here or even a remnant. I will have to go look.

Great ideas! Thanks so much!

If anyone has more suggestions, I would love to hear them too. :0)

Hi Lockicat, I tried that but I found that it wasn't as smooth and it didn't slide as easily on that surface - maybe it was the rug/carpet I was using.

A couple of ideas that worked for me. (Your mileage may vary. :))
After a few uses, the nap of the carpet will flatten and the disc will slide easier. You can spray a bit of furniture polish on the bottom of the disc in the meantime.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.