Skincare recommendations?

Hi Angela,
I have always had very oily skin. As I have gotten older it is oily with dry patches. I use Avon's Porefection cleanser, mask and mattifier. At night I use both the Anew Ultimate cream and the Anew Force extra. I used to use the Retroactive products before the Ultimate came out. My daughters noticed a difference when I started using the Ultimate cream. I feel like an Avon ad or something. LOL.
Sue

Have you seen those infomercials for Proactiv? I swear by it. As do my siblings and many of my friends I turned on to it. It is worth a try!

I believe you can get some at www.proactiv.com.

Becky

I am hooked on the Victoria Princiapal Advanced Skin Care line. You can customize your orders and purchase only the items that work for you and the customer service staff is really accomodating in that you can ask for an earlier shipment if you run out or delay shipment if you don't need any products.The gentle enzyme treatment works wonders and the eyesaver gel is a must. I have to say, however, that the moisturizer is a bit much for my skin (too heavy) so I stick with my tried and true Olay Complete UV protection.

Alexandra

my dermatologists advice...

There are soooo many choices out there- it's ridiculous! I recently read that all of these anti-aging "potions" don't really do anything because your skin can't absorb them. My mom is a nurse at a dermatologist's office and agrees. They usually recommend basic products, like Cetaphil (as mentioned earlier- Ashley Judd loves it too), Purpose, or Neutrogena.

I'm 24, but always ask my dermatologist how I can avoid aging- they always say WEAR SUNSCREEN! Even if you're older, it helps! I think the damage stays hidden for 10 or 20 years, so it makes a difference regardless of your age. They don't tell me to go out and spend $100 on Lancome's newest stuff! I really don't think that stuff works, even though I'm always tempted to try it.

If you really are unhappy with your skin, I know there are all sorts of procedures to even skin tone and other things available. I'm not trying to sell anything, I just read about it-actually it was in the newest Fitness magazine. So maybe you can read the article- it breaks it down according to age.

Sorry this got so long!

something to add...

Sorry- I forgot to add that the only "proven" way to get rid of those fine lines is by using a retinoid, like Retin-A or renova. Unlike other creams/lotions, they can penetrate the skin. They can minimize their appearance by speeding up cell turnover.

I don't mean to sound like a dermatologist! This is just my opinion and what I've heard!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.