Shrinking Violets Check-in for January 29-31, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Violets, come out and play! It is time for a new check-in. Let’s kick some butt this week!

This was another delightful day! I rested today and feel so good tonight. I am finally 100 percent well again! My eating was clean again today.

I am so excited because I am finally mastering the art of intuitively clean eating. I started flirting with this lifestyle on the 4th of July. I ate too much processed food during the holidays, which does not work for me. I decided this year to eat when I am hungry until I am satisfied and make nutritious choices that are as clean as possible. Moderation, balance, and variety are keys for me. I made a decision last week to add more fruits and veggies to my menus. I feel great. My energy is consistently high. I had no idea at the time how many calories I was consuming, but I had a general awareness of portion sizes. The containers I pack my meals and snacks in only hold a cup. I also use a small bowl for cereal and a small plate for my meals. The only thing I measure is peanut butter because I could easily overdose on it. When I was carefully monitoring my calories, I aimed for 1,800 a day. That is perfect for me when I want to burn fat. A friend who saw the menus I shared last week expressed concern about me not eating enough. I estimated that I was eating around 1,800 calories a day. She guessed that it was more like 1,000 calories. I laughed because I could not keep up with Cathe on less than 1,500 calories a day. I told her that I would do the math for her and send her to calorie college if she was way off. I analyzed my menus for the week and was delighted to discover that my perception of how much I am eating is right on target. I consumed 1,840 calories on cardio days, 1,755 calories on weight training and circuit training days, and just under 1,800 calories for my weekend menu that included whole wheat lasagna and almond macaroons! I am eating this way naturally now, and I could not have planned it better if I tried. I am not planning to log my food every week. I have several menus that I can rotate for a few weeks until I get bored with them and plan new menus. I do make small changes every week like eating different fruits and veggies. I am planning to add radishes to my salads this week. My fiber was a little low on Tuesday and Thursday because I usually add kidney beans to my salads and did not have any last week, but that will change this week. I average between 30-40 grams of fat a day, and my fiber intake is between 70-80 grams a day. I am very pleased with these numbers, and this gives me confidence that I can maintain this lifestyle and reach my goals without logging every bite I eat. I am still planning to pack all my meals and snacks the night before because that saves time and ensures my success. Oh, the little things that thrill me!

I did laundry today, steamed some brown rice, and packed my meals and snacks for tomorrow. I enjoyed a long phone conversation with a friend. I have so much energy tonight, and I am looking forward to my morning workout with Cathe. I am hoping that a warm bubble bath will help me settle down so I can sleep. It feels so good to feel good again that I do not know what to do with myself! If there is anything good about being under the weather for a few weeks, it is the high that follows. It makes me thankful for good health.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good Morning Heather and all who follow.

Heather, Good for you that you are doing so well with your eating these days and avoiding the tediousness of constant calorie counting! That's great! Did you enjoy your bubble bath last night? I haven't taken one of them in a looong time! Every time I try to take a bath, I am too antsy to really relax and enjoy it. I relax better on the couch in front of the boob tube when that is what I am seeking. :7 Enjoy your day.

Kali, I mentioned our GTG to DH so he is aware. He had no objections...not that I would have allowed it anyway! ;) LOL

Well, y'day was a rest day and today starts my first recovery week of the X which means Yoga X for me.

I'll be back later!:)

Hi ladies! I am back. Well, I back to my lowest weight thus far. I was a bit bloated yesterday from CRAP that I ate LOL! But better today. I am pumping for some serious ccardio, but I feel twinges in my ankle, so going to be careful. It probably won't be till tonight anyway. I want to run too, but my CC has sprints, and that might not be good. We will see.

Kali- i am with ya, just went out to dinner Sat to Italian restaurant, so you know how that goes!

Heather- you are so on tracck and doing wonderfully! Very inpriring.

Tig- enjoy your recovery week. How many times are you going to run this week LOL? Good run the other day too!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hey Megster!

Be careful with that ankle young lady! Congrats on the weight! That's awesome! For your info, missy...I am actually considering not running AT ALL this week! I said *CONSIDERING*....:p

Seriously, the recovery week calls for one cardio-KenpoX-on wednesday. I will probably take a step class at the gym on wed. night in lieu of that and then if I run at all it will be very short and sweet (20 mins at a slow pace maybe) on saturday...just to stay in the groove with it. :)

Sounds good Wendy. I really want to run, but am nervous about the ankle. It WAS totally fine, I thought, so I did LIC on Friday and had no problems. But Friday night when I was feeding the horses, I kinda got almost trampled by one of them. She must have been spooked by something and came flying out of her stall adn plowed right into me and sent me flying. I landed out in the pasture on my back. Everything kinda hurt after that LOL! I think I may have tweaked the ankle again. Happened pretty fast. I will be careful, no plyos for me!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

YIKES, Meg! You are lucky that you are okay! I can totally understand if that incident tweaked your ankle! How scarey!:eek: Are you icing it or anything?

Hi everyone. Spent the weekend visiting my mom and in-laws. Caught a red-eye flight out last night so I don't think I'll get a workout in today, just too exhausted. I did get a jog done on Saturday. Had a nice visit with my family celebrating my mom's birthday.

Maeghan, hope you're ok after the horse incident.

Wendy, enjoy your recovery week

Heather, sounds like you are staying right on track.

Kali, the new job sounds great. Are you able to set your own hours?

Kim and Sunnydelite hope you are both doing well.

Jean

Jean,

Take it easy today. Get good rest and start fresh in the morning! Glad you had a nice time visiting your mom and other family!:)

Yoga X is complete! YEAY! Now I can can go on with my life knowing that I did it and all will be right with the world. :)

Okay okay...I am going a little overboard there...I admit it!:p LOL

Where is everyone? Come out come out wherever you are!!!!

Hey guys!

I have had some stupid computer problems,but everything is good to go now! I have exercised one or two days, but really need to hit it hard! I am probably getting a treadmill this weekend and hope it will give me alittle motivation!

So how have you ladies been doing? I know just exercising away!:)

Hopefully I can fit a exercise in today! I will let you know!:)

Oh, I am taking a picture of myself with my daughters digitable camera and want to see how I do over the weeks! First I have to exercise huh?:p Have any of you did that just to see how you were progressing?

I will see you ladies later!

kim

Kim, I take "before" pictures each time I think I'm goning to "get serious" about my fitness. Unfortunately, I never get to a point where I want to take "after" pictures. I've been on this 5 lb rollercoaster for 2 years now (lose 5, gain 5). I'm going to really try this year. I took pictures and measurements again at the beginning of this year, and I would really like this to be the year where I lose 15-20 lbs. Hopefully I can reach my goal and will want to take some after pictures. 2 1/2 years ago, when I was at my lightest weight in years, I still felt flabby so I never took after pictures. But since then I discovered Cathe, so maybe this time around when I get back down there I will be more toned and accepting of my body.

Jean

ps. this weekend I saw myself in some old home videos at my mom's. While I was commenting on my wild hair, my daughter goes "Look at your waist" implying that I no longer have one. I need to keep those imagines in my mind as motivation.

Shrinking Violets Check-in

This was a great workout day. I am still flying high tonight! After my quiet time, I warmed up on my own then did the first combination and Latin cool-down from Power Max plus the cardio and power circuits from Power Circuit for a fantastic cardio workout. Power Circuit is a great leg workout too, and I wrapped it up with Leaner Legs in its entirety. Well, I confess that I skipped the third set of leg presses! My legs were on fire. I am falling in love with these CTX Series cardio workouts. I am craving a CTX Series rotation, which I may do after I finish this 8-week rotation. I had such a good time this morning. Power Max is not my favorite Cathe workout as produced, but it is a lot of fun when I start with my own warm-up and the first combination (which is my favorite) followed by the dancy Latin cool-down. I love the ponies with party arms! That part of the choreography makes me smile. The cardio segment of Power Circuit is another one of my happy workouts. I adore the triples and turns. I love the kickboxing step circuits too. Can you tell that I am enamored with the CTX Series? I am a hi-lo lover, and Cathe includes plenty fun hi-lo moves in this series. I love her choreography and teaching style in these workouts.

This was another clean eating day and a busy day at work. I was tired by the end of the day, so I bounced on my rebounder instead of driving to the club tonight. Rebecca is under the weather, and I did not want to go by myself tonight.

My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow, and I am ready for another great workout. I need to start winding down for the night.

Wendy, enjoy your recovery week. You deserve it!

Maeghan, congratulations on getting back down to your lowest weight!

Jean, I hope you get some rest tonight.

Kim, it is good to see you again. You would not believe how many “before” pictures I have in my collection. By the grace of God, I will have some “after” pictures to share this year!

Kali, where are you today?

Sunny, have you abandoned the Violets? :(

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning guys,

I am hoping to get a circuit workout today since I don't have to run my kids everywhere! I don't know which one would be gentle on this non-workout lady! I am glad I just have time for it today!:) I will have to start making time for it no matter what!

Yeah guys, I will take my before shots and quite nervous to look at it! I see myself of course, but not actual pictures. I avoid taking pictures at all cost! So seeing myself with the fat is probably going to give me a eye opener! I think going up three sizes of clothes is getting frustrating to me!! So wish me luck that I don't fall out when i see my picture!

Thanks for being here guys!

Hello to all Violets!!!

kim

Good morning!

No time for personals...Runnin' a tight ship all day long today! I'll be doing Core Synergistics this afternoon. I hear it's TOUGH!}(

Have a great day everyone!:)

My ankle seems alright after my WO last night, so hope it stays that way. I think today is full body, so I am thinking ME. I have another busy day, pulmonologist appt this afternoon too.

Good luck with that one Wendy!

Kim- have a good WO! Glad you have some time today!

Heather- thanks!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Meg, Hope you enjoyed ME or whatever work out you chose.

Core Syn just about laid me out flat but I did it and it's done and I'm happy! :p

I am not feeling well. I have some kind of phlegmy, losing my voice, soar throaty thing goin' on. ACK! That may be why Core Syn took so much out of me today. Not that I expect it would be EASY but I don't believe it should have done me in the way it did!:eek:

I guess I'll find out cause I have to do it AGAIN later in the week! AAAAAHHHHH! LOL }(

Good Night Ladies!:)

I managed ME tonight, with Chase. Connor bailed after the warm up. I did good with everything. Then I started some Kundalini yoga, for Beginners and Beyond with Ravi and Ana. I was doing the spinal series and got wicked sick to my stomach. I wanted to puke. I won't blame it on the yoga totally, cuz my stomach wasn't 100% before. Just didn't feel all that hot, but geez! i had to stop and then took a shower. Still feeling a little yucky. Weird.

Wedy- rest up! Hope you feel better.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Shrinking Violets Check-in

I just read my first post in this thread again and need to clarify. My fiber intake is around 70 grams a day on cardio days when I eat beans for protein and around 40 grams a day on weight training and circuit training days when I eat cottage cheese and boiled eggs for protein. When I wrote that, I was looking at a plant-based day. If I gave up animal protein completely, I could easily eat that much fiber every day.

I am still pressing on! After a short quiet time this morning, I did the Kickbox cardio including the arm drills followed by Pyramid Upper Body. I love both of these workouts.

This is another cold night. I enjoyed my warm home and bounced on my rebounder instead of venturing out to the club. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. I am ready for a warm bubble bath and a restful night of sleep to recharge for IMAX2 in the morning!

Blessings,
Heather B.

Hi Guys! Sorry I've been absent, I haven't even been lurking!!! Just busy w/ the new job etc. etc. I will check in ASAP.
All is well. Pbhhhtttt. If that's what you'd call it. LOL. Talk to you all soon.

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back