Shrinking Violets Check-in for December 24-31, 2006

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Hi girls!

I'm going up to my sister's in NY today for a visit so if I have the time for a work out it won't be until tonight. I'm not counting on getting one done though. :-(

Thanks to everyone for thier kind words regarding Joey. I really love all of the warmth and caring in these forums. It's totally awesome!:)

Well, I need to sneak into the shower before the little guy gets up! I want to try to leave the house by 8:30 so I need to get my arse moving NOW!:eek:

Oh, I heard from Kali. She's been lying low due to life circumstances but hopefully will re-appear in 2007. She misses it here just like we miss her.

Have a great day!:)

Good morning girls,

Hope everyone has had a good day so far! I am just waking up and yes my head is killing me!x( Just one of those crazy sinus headaches. But I have decided what leg exercise I will do today after I go shopping. I will try B&G standing legs and I know I will regret that one! Probably put some abs in there since I didn't get around to it yesterday.

See you violets later!

kim

Hey ladies,

Well I changed around my whole leg workout. I decided to do a little mish mosh and it was pretty good. I did the blast on LM and in between each one I did leg lifts,innerthigh lifts and hamstring work. I also added in the B&G abwork.

Where is everyone?

kim

So I did BM2 today. I didn't make it thru all the abs and stretch cuz my Uncle showed up to fix our water pressure problem and he kept interrupting me so I gave up. I will do abs later. Plus, he didn't even fix the problem ARGH!!!! But, it was a good WO nonetheless.

Nice KIM! Good mish mosh. That sounds like fun, and a good burner. SO good to see you getting back into it full force!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good morning Meg! Long time no see. Are you feeling ok?

Sorry about that guys. I've just been dealing with some personal stuff here and felt like hiding out. I know that's probably the wrong thing to do being I get more support from you ladies than any others in my life. It'll all be ok tho.

I was going to wait till next week to get it in gear, but my calendar came and I decided to start yesterday so I did SB and abs from SJP. I did the SB challenge but only the 3rd blast. I haven't worked out and my legs felt like 2 ton weights! I pushed thru it tho and felt soooo much better afterwards.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today yet. It will be cardio, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do any body parts yet. I thought since being off for so long maybe I should give myself a good week of cardio. What do you guys think?

How is Joey feeling Wendy?

((((HUGS)))) to Meg, Wendy, Jean, Heather, Kim and SD. And anyone I may have missed. Missed you guys.

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

hello ladies,

today's workout is some type of cardio, haven't decided yet. maybe some type of mish mosh...hmmmmm

kali-we've missed you girl. so glad to see you are back and doing alright.

meg-what are you up to girl. i saw your post to me awhile back about living closer to me and working with me as a PT. i took a look at your pics and you are doing great, great, great on your own. you look wonderful!

kim- good to see you back!

heather- what's going on with ya?

wendy- how are you and joey doing? when are you starting p90x?

violets, what are your new year's resolutions?!! mine is to get out of my butt-glue, corporate job and get in postion in fitness. i want to work in a job and environment that i love.

have a great day ladies:)

Hey ladies,

I am off to go shopping AGAIN!! Yeah DD keeps me going back. She has all the money!HaHa! But I will get my workout in this afternoon probably going to do the intermediate of KPC and maybe some other cardio added to it. And lord I need to put abs in again, I just seem to be neglecting them! I will report my workout when I finish today.

Maeghan-Hope you are having a good morning and great workout!

Kali-What's up girl? I think we were both MIA here lately! Good to see you!!

Sunny-Hope you find a good workout today! When I'm undecided I just do a mish mosh.

Good morning to all you other violets!!:) :) :) :)

kim

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! It has been a super stressful week at work. So much for my restful recovery week. My feet, knees, and lower back have been killing me since my friend’s cardio boot camp class at the club Wednesday night. :-( I may go jog in the pool today and sit in the hot tub. My eating has been less than stellar this week. I am still feeling yucky from my Christmas indulgence, but I am planning menus for next week and getting back on track. My boss will be in Colorado all week, so I can breathe and get the office in order. This week has been crazy. No workouts since Wednesday night.

I had a meltdown Thursday night and a “fight” with a friend that I am going to have to love from a distance. She has demonstrated over and over again that she will be a hindrance to my fitness goals. She called and wanted to get together next week. She suggested that we eat out. I told her that I need a break from restaurant food after my holiday indulgence. Even “healthy” fare is not as clean as what I cook at home. With my food allergies, I need to eat radically clean after a holiday feast if that makes any sense. I will have the office to myself, so I invited her to pack a lunch and spend my lunch hour with me. She got very combative and insisted that we eat out. She told me that I will not reach my goals because everyone fails and I might as well eat out with her the first week in January and get it over with. x( I was firm about not eating out next week. She invited me to her home that night for a visit. She sat a huge tin of ginger snaps in front of me and said, “I do not want to tempt you.” I was upset before I called her. I was having an emotional week and just needed a hug. This is not the kind of “support” I need. I have decided to have a “come to Jesus” talk with all my friends. They will be a healthy influence in my life, or I will love them from a distance. This is not my friend’s first offense. I shared this earlier this year:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=298360&mesg_id=

I need to leave for a hair appointment. I will be back this weekend to share goals for 2007.

Kali, welcome back! I missed you! I suggest adding a few circuit workouts like Cardio and Weights. Alternate cardio and circuits. That is always a good way to get started again.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hey girls!

Welcome back ((((((((Kali)))))))))!!! I like Heather's idea of using circuits to ease back into weights. Don't omit them completely or you will start to burn off the muscle you worked so hard to gain! Why not do 3 circuits with some short cardios on the other days? I hope things improve for you!!!

Meg, So did you get HSTA for Christmas? What DID you get for Christmas off that mile long list you had!?!? }( }( }(

Sunny, I can't wait for you to start your PT job. When is your first day?? I plan to start the X on Jan 2nd with a recovery week. I'm very excited! I know it's not the "traditional" way to start but I think it's a good idea for me. I am doing the Classic rotation but I will sub in a run or 2 each week whenever possible instead of some of the X cardios.

Hugs to Heather, Jean, Kim and anyone else I have missed!

DH and I are leaving in a couple of hours. We are going away for the weekend w/the blessing of Joey's doctor, ofcourse. Mom and Dad need to recharge and de-stress and Joey will be in the best care possible-nanny and poppa's!!!!:+ :+ :+ They have everything they need to get Joey proper medical attn God forbid anything should happen...but it WON'T!!!!:)

Well, I probably won't be back around until Monday now...Have a safe, happy and healthy New Year's Violets and I'll be back in 2007 to kick more @ss with all of you!!!!}(

Ciao!!!!

Have fun Wendy if I caught you! Will be thinking of you at midnight tomorrow! Joey will be in excellent hands don't you worry!

SD that is an awesome goal! Mine at this moment is to just make the right decisions about things. I tend to make bad ones.....What workout did you end up doing?

Heather, I think you are doing the right thing by distancing yourself from your friend if she is bringing you down. And that talk of everyone fails is a crock of crap.

Kim good to see you too! Hope you get that workout in girl!

I took yours and Wendy's advice and did LIC today. It felt better than SB yesterday. I'm sure in a week or two I'll be back on track. I'm going to alternate cardio and circuits for a while. I can definatley feel the difference in my endurance since being off pretty much since Thanksgiving. All I can tell you is NEVER AGAIN. LOL!

Off to get cleaned up. Talk to you guys later.

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hey girls,

So once again I planned one workout and totally did another! As long as I do one I guess its okay. I did the step warm up and then hi/lo of SJP. Boy my endurance was hurting on that one,but it was fun! Then I did abs from SJP and ouchie!! Ahhhhhh! it is all done!

Kali-I haven't got LIC,I know it is fun. I am with you on getting the endurance back.

Hello to the shrinking violets!!\

kim

Heather -

Good for you knowing you have to be firm with so-called "friends" like this one! She is just like an alcoholic buddy trying to sabotage your efforts to stay sober, and you are right to get away and stay away from her. Surround yourself with supportive people and you will reach your goals. She's already told you she wants you to fail: " She told me that I will not reach my goals because everyone fails and I might as well eat out with her the first week in January and get it over with." If you succeed, then her excuses that worked for her for staying overweight will be exposed as just that, excuses, and not truth. Hang tough!

Hi everyone. I know it will be sparse around here the next few days, but wanted to pop in and check in.

Today I took ddog for a walk/jog. She was stir crazy from all the rain we had and I needy the workout.

Welcome back Kali and Kim. I too have been on the road of non-active since Thanksgiving and am just know getting back to working out. My endurance is really gone. All the chocolate from Christmas stockings isn't helping.

Wendy, enjoy you weekend. Like you said Joey is in great hands to enjoy yourself and recooperate.

Maeghan, way to go with your workouts. I need to follow your example and get more workouts in.

Sunnydelite, let us know when you start your PT job. This time of year the clubs should be busy with new years resolution so I hope you get alot slots.

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about the situation with your friend. Congratulations on being so strong. You know you can do this. You have already come a long way and I'm sorry she doesn't realize this. Hopefully she will come to realize she can be a friend without the friendship revolving around food. As for you, continue to reach for your goals and don't let the detours of your journey throw you off your path. You have already discovered that there is always a way around the road blocks so continue to search them out. Your faith in God and yourself is a true inspiration.

Heather, how was your weather Friday? I hope you weren't close to those really bad storms. We had alot of heavy rains, but luckily no damaging winds.

Jean

In case anyone checks in today. Happy New Year!!!!

I had to work today so I'm wiped out. Tomorrow plan on a long jog/walk with the dog.

Jeanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.