(share your favorite apps)hooked on my ipod touch

wendygurl

Cathlete
last month i treated myself to a new ipod touch. Let me tell you, i love this thing! I use it every single day for so many things. I'm hooked on apps and I know I've just begun to touch the surface. Right now i'm in week two of the one hundred push up app. so much fun!! anyhoo, thought it would be fun to share some of your faves, fitness related or not. My husband is beginning to be jealous of the attention this little thing is getting from me!!
Mine so far:
(obviously) One hundred pushups
Pandora (music)
aol radio
facebook
Lose it! (great for tracking calories and activities)
Epocrates (medical related but handy for my nursing profession)
sparkrecipes(healthy recipes)
Gym1rm(great for finding your "one rep max"
and just for fun:
Ragdoll
aircoaster
rollercoaster builder

Can't wait to hear yours!

Wendy...one word...SHAZAM!!!

It has changed my life. It's a free app that allows you to hold up your iTouch/iPhone up to a song you like (that's playing in a public place, usually) but don't know the name of. It listens for a few seconds...then gives you the name of the song, singer and option to purchase on iTunes.

:) Jonezie

AroundMe

This app will tell you where ANYTHING is "around you." Or anywhere else.

It would be great for someone who travels a lot and needs a starbucks or an ATM, gas station, hospital, hotel, restaurants/bar, movie theaters, parking, taxis etc.. The list goes on.

I love Bejeweled. I use Facebook and AppBox Pro. Zippo lighter just for fun.
I've been on the lookout for something to track workouts but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.

Wendy...one word...SHAZAM!!!

It has changed my life. It's a free app that allows you to hold up your iTouch/iPhone up to a song you like (that's playing in a public place, usually) but don't know the name of. It listens for a few seconds...then gives you the name of the song, singer and option to purchase on iTunes.

:) Jonezie

First off.....JONEZIE!!!!!! you're back! Just couldn't resist......

My favorite app is "DashOfColor"

This will take any picture you take....turn it into Black & White. Then you put in color where you want it.....it's cool!

Not only have I become addicted to apps, but podcasts are my new best friends. Some of my favorites are The Moth, This American Life, and The Bugle with John Oliver from the Daily Show.

I love Daily Show & John Oliver! I'll have to look for that podcast!

My fave apps:

Moo - yes, silly, but handy in a crowd! :p
StarMap - I'm an astronomy buff
Round Timer
Evernote
IMDb
Falling Balls
Now Playing
Epicurious
AllRecipes

Not only have I become addicted to apps, but podcasts are my new best friends. Some of my favorites are The Moth, This American Life, and The Bugle with John Oliver from the Daily Show.

I was so happy when my old iPod died so I could get a touch. I love it!!!

Some of my favorite apps
Bejeweled 2
The Moron Test
The Price is Right
Doodle Jump
iBeer
Solitaire-I have a couple of them
Numbrix
Sudoku
Word Seach
Dictionary.com
Mixology
Spark People

Speaking of podcasts, the podrunners are great! I am currently doing the 10k interval podcasts, never thought i could run to any music but my own, but these really keep me going. i am going to do the entire program

My favorites are:

Bookworm
Majong Tiles
My fitnessPal

and I bookmarked Cathe;)

I also have I heart radio but it doesn't always keep the signal.

I too am in search of good app for tracking workouts and a good budgeting app.

I love my fitness pal for tracking calories.
I also have Restaurants that gives calories in common chain restaurants.
I wish they would create an app for the workout manager!

FlightTrack Pro—for real-time flight itinerary updates

Restaurants—nutritional info

LocalEats, GoodFood—for finding restaurants when I'm traveling

Yelp—to find just about anything (sounds like AroundMe)

ConvertBot—currency and unit converter

MobileMe iDisk & Gallery—to access photos and files from my computer

Flight Control—just for fun, very addicting!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.