Severe nasal congestion relief needed-can't breathe. Recommendations please!

Oil of Oregano. One drop outside each nostril, to be absorbed through the skin, the balance of the dropper under the tongue. Hold there as long as possible before swallowing down w/ water. Taste dissipates quickly. Follow this routine 2x daily. Preventatively as well. Pricey, well worth it. I've not had a cold, congestion, etc in the 3+ years since I started this routine.

I'm glad to know that the strips work well. I find Grapefruit Seed Extract and Oil of Oregano to be wonderful preventatives. And, so far, that has worked to keep me unplugged this winter (I have always struggled with sinus issues). But I took notes on all suggestions given in case of need. Thank you for your post. I'm glad you found some relief, and I hope you feel well very soon.

L Sass, thank you for the reminder of using oregano oil. I had used it awhile back for other reasons and it was quite strong for me and discontinued using it. However, I will certainly give it another try as I know it has amazing anti-fungal/bacterial and more properties.

Elsie, glad you've had luck with oregano oil as well. I had forgotten about grapefruit seed extract until several days ago so I went out and purchased it and have been taking it since. I will continue to take it daily from here on in.

There's a remedy I use when I think I'm coming down with a cold that usually thwarts anything from developing if I catch it right away. It's called Wellness Cold & Flu by Source Naturals - 48 homeopathic tablets. You can get it at the health food store, Vitamin Shoppe (cheaper) or from this link (cheapest and you can order other great stuff from them too!) It didn't help with this cold because I got slammed with it so quickly and had no shot to ward it off.

Buy Source Naturals Wellness Cold & Flu 48 Tablets and Save

Thanks again!
Bam

This is what I use: Warm Air Humidifier and Vicks Vapor Rub. If I need more help, I drink more tea and start using either Tylenol or if it gets real bad, Sudafed purple. Works every single time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.