Seasun's The Next Step

fab40

Cathlete
Has anyone tried this one yet? If so, what did you think of it? I am wanting to put this on my Christmas list. It sounds fun. I do like complex choreography. Thanks for any reviews!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I'm still working on the vertical stepping and the challenge. The double step portion is really different and fun. I really like Rock Steady Step, so I knew I would love this one too. I think she's a great instructor!!

Aila:)

I would say to get RSS first to get familiar with her choreography. I think TNS is much more challenging, but so far the fun factor is the same for me. The double step portion is a nice added bonus too, so you actually get more bang for your buck with the TNS. Both workouts have some tough ab work too!! I have had DOMS in my abs for 2 days after both workouts.

HTH

Like Aila, I LOVE this workout! I think RSS is good also but this one is outstanding. If you can only get one, get TNS. But if you can, get both! :) :)

Edited to add: The core and ab work are awesome as well!

Jo

This is one of the best step workouts I have ever done. I love it, and I also really enjoy RSS. The core work is great, I agree. I would get TNS before RSS, but you should own both of them if you love complex choreography!

Wendy

Would you folks that have this say that the choreography is complex ala Christie (more dancy) or ala Franny/Cathe (more athletic)? Thanks.
--Ann

I think she is similer to Christi in complexity, but she is much more intense. She adds a lot of hops and leaps. I feel "worked" out when I am done her workouts.

Oh my gosh! I did those on Wednesday and I hurt for 3 days!!! They were awesome. I'll be tacking that core work onto other workouts (another plus for DVD! :)) I just love this workout!

Jo

Yes and I agree with Aila about intensity. Also, she creeps up on you...it's more intense then you think but great fun!

Jo

I love Seasun's RSS - where did or do you find her new DVD? I would love to order her new step workout - she does give an awesome workout.

I, also, love the complex choreography - I like to challenge myself mentally as well as physically!

I just need to know where to get the DVD!

Cheryl

Jo,

Thank you for sharing her website with me. I sure do love core work of any kind - my core just keeps getting stronger and better - especially withe the BOSU!

I have been doing alot of Cathe's old workouts with the BOSU and it has been very fun and challenging.

Thank again,

Cheryl

O.K. You guys sold me. I am putting TNS on my Christmas list. Just one more question. For those who have Kristen Kagen's STW2 too, is the choreography similar, more or less complex? It took me quite awhile to pick up the choreography on that one, and I'm not as fond of STW2 as I thought I would be. Maybe it's her personality. It is a sweaty workout though. So any more thoughts on this? And, I will leave this die now. Thanks!

I like Seaun and I did not know she had a new video out. I saw that everyone enjoyed the Step tape so I ordered it today. I had to have it after all the rave revues.

You will like this better then STW2. I liked STW better then the 2nd one. Seasun's style is a little different, I'd say this is way more fun. I haven't done STW2 in a while but I would say complexity is similar, Seasun may be a tad more complex, but definitely more fun! :)
Jo

Double step? Do you need two steps for this one?

I didn't know she made a new one. She's so nice. I saw her post on videofitness.com before.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.