~**Saturday Chatter in the CHEETAH Den **~

Hi Girls!

So I have 2 Cheetah name ideas for myself but I can't decide so I want you all to do it for me!:p

http://img110.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/19/6fdfd2eb238e4249545f455762937f98.gif[/IMG][/URL]

OR

http://img110.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/19/d3947050662adef7b156fcd70aeb4fe0.gif[/IMG][/URL]

I'll be back after my work out to see which one is the winner and to post personals!:7

Later Babes!

Hello Again!

I have to be quick...

I ended up doing Amy's Dome and then 7.25 mile run on the treadmill. I kept it at a steady pace with some speed bursts and a few "speed bumps" as our friend Grace would call it. ;) Oh, I stretched really well too. I watched Jumanji with the volume down and cranked my iPod thru the boom box! :) Have to finish wrapping the presents.

Lori ~ My aunt lives in Atlanta and I just got pix of the snow there. I bet everything shuts down there with that. Too bad everyone just keeps chugging along here. Well, it's good and bad. Snow days are always nice...once in awhile.

I could be Windy City Cheetah, since no on else lives near Chicago, right??? :) I'm not very creative either. :(

Sorry - got to run!

Dallas

ok, my ipod is reloaded and charged now I'm REALLy going for my workouts now but...

Wendy - Liftin' Heavy is good but you ARE the resident Coffee Crazed Cheetah....hmmmm...tough decision...

Dallas - I love your Windy City Cheetah name!!

Ok, BBL...I hear Grace cracking the whip!!!

Posh...

Dallas...I would say to check the book out. I also see a chiro about twice a week. But these exercises sure seem to help. I like Windy City Cheetah.

Lorie..sorry about your city shutting down...:)..Glad to hear you are enjoying the Chi running book.

Shelly..enjoy your tempo run and then KBX. Crazy cheetah fits you...:)

Sunny...LOVE the name!!!

Jackie...I think Amy will get better and better over time. Sounds like a good iTread combo. Enjoy your Saturday too.

Posh..I went to this site and scrolled down the menu on the right side til I got to Coded Cartoon Dolls: http://www.myglitterspace.com/ I did buy my Pain Free at B&N so hopefully yours will have it. We do have sun today but I guess a cold front is moving in tomorrow, and maybe some rain.

Wendy..either of those names would work great for you.

Off to do some yoga and pilates..

Hey Cheetahs.

My work out is done. I tried Interval X+ for the first time and LOVED the work out. Only 30 minutes of cardio but it means business! You get out of it what you put into it! That's for sure. I was sweatin' like a beast! LOL

So I went to a jewelery/pocket book/mary kay party at my SIL's last night. It was fun. She made something called champagne punch. It was super yummy and definately had a kick to it. Good thing DH was driving!;) I ended up buying a pretty ring, a knock off coach wristlet for my BF at her request and a couple of face cleansers and moisturizers that I use from MK. I didn't spend alot of money but managed to buy from everyone. I am also going to book a jewelery party. She had lots of nice stuff-not cheap though. :)

DH is out right now at his cousin's and DS is sleeping. I think we are heading out to dinner tonight much to my chagrin. I wanted to be good and eat healthy at home but DH went and said he felt like eating at my all time favorite pizza place and I melted! We don't go there often so it's hard to resist!}( :9 }(

Christine: TBH, if I were to decide to fly out to Cali for this event I'd much prefer to leave Joey behind. No offense to the cute little guy but I would consider it something I am doing for me with no husband or child to deal with. It's nice to know that I could bring him though. Sweet of you to offer your DD's services wether she likes it or not!:7

Kristi: Someone suggested I call myself Pull Up Cheetah!? Um..nope...that's not me! LOL I love 'em but I'm not good enough at 'em for that name! Get Jess over here and make HER take that name! She apparently is a pull up queen and if you must know I'm very jealous of that fact!}( I hope your new prescription works better for you!

Cathy: I finally made it to Target today. I couldn't find a coat tree but found something similar to what we already have hanging on the wall only it's twice the size so it has twice as many hooks on it. DH hung it up and there seems to be plenty of room so I'm happy. I had him hang the smaller one on door in my work out room. I hung all of my bands and tubing on it! It's so cool! :+

Dallas: I did S&H legs/shoulders y'day but found it strangely easy!!! I am going to heavy up on the pre-exhausting sets and see if that helps. I used a 48# BB. I can't load it up any more or I won't be able to get it over my head. By the end of the work out it was getting hard to do as it was. If heavying up on the pre-exhaust set isn't enough then I am going to invest in a weighted vest I think. It's my only other option. Oh and I behaved myself at Target today...I only came out with what was on my list!:p LOL

Thomasina: What is ITread 17 like? Which lower body work out did you do today?

Sunny: I hope your DH's cold doesn't keep you guys housebound on date night. That would stink!x(

Carole: Yoga and Pilates...what a great combo. Hope you enjoyed it!

Hello to everyone else! I'm sorry I couldn't get to everyone but I'll be back later or tmrw to catch up! Gotta hit the shower now! :)

Carole :: This is the 2nd time I’ve dreamt that I was hunted by a serial killer…guess I watch too many crime shows :7…I’m a big Trader Joe’s fan, too. Love the mozzarella balls!…I wouldn’t mind having a lil more cleavage, either. That was the first to go with the weight loss, of course…How was the yoga and pilates?

Dallas :: Windy City Cheetah it is!…Oh yeah, I am glad one of the two filming sessions is done, and it was successful this time! My in-class support crew came through for me in a BIG way! I have another to film next week. The tripod broke during the last class of the day and my videographer (one of my students) actually caught the camera in mid-air!

Shelly :: Hmm, do you prefer Crazy Super Cheetah or Super Crazy Cheetah? :7 Hope you have a good night at work.

Lorie :: *lol* about Atlanta shutting down with 1-3. Saw your pics on the OF…adorable! …So, you feeling any better?…I will definitely look for the neti pot b/c the Simply Saline isn’t doin’ it for me anymore. I loved the idea of Million Dollar Cheetah for Wendy. Yes, you *are* creative!

Jackie :: IA with you and Carole that Amy *is* strong! I could not believe how much she used for shoulder presses. Didn’t realize she was relatively new to the scene. She sure does have innovation working for her.

Thomasina :: spa treatments, ahhh! I like the way you & all your selves think!

Lori :: aka Canadian Cheetah :: hope DS had fun at the party! Yay on your pre-order!

Wendy :: I like either name for you, but Coffee Crazed Cheetah has a nice, alliterative ring to it http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_dope.gif …Glad you did well at Target. I was there today, too. Picking up a few odds and ends. Looked for a Wii, too, on the off the chance they might have one in stock.

I enjoyed a lazy morning and spent the afternoon reviewing and selecting footage. I also installed video editing software and am currently trying to upload the selected video to my computer so I can burn it onto DVD, which is how I have to submit it. That part of the project, let's say, has not been as successful. *lol* I have no idea what I'm doing! I'll fight with it a little longer and then it's time to hit Interval X+. (Glad to hear it's a goodie, Wendy!) Afterward, I want to knock out lesson plans for the week and if it's not too, TOO late, I might possibly start the portfolio writing.

Had to turn down an offer to go skiing tomorrow. I should be Responsible (read: having NO FUN) Cheetah! *lol* :7 :7 :7

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

hi again friends…

Workout has been done, my menu for the week planned, and now it is laundry and putzing around. I’m off to the showers now and then s’more cleaning and then time for making some dinner and opening a bottle of Gloria Ferrer Carneros Pinot Noir YUM! It’s my FREEEUUUUHHH day and I’m going to savor a nice glass of this red along with a few of my stashed Dove dark chocolate promises….did someone say chocolate? shhhhhlllluuurrp!!

Carole – thanks for finding me a glittery girl…I picked this one though since she has shorter hair and has a “catwalk” like stance…lol.. and is carrying shopping bags! Cuz her Royal Poshness has been spending like she’s born to a family from the Hamptons or something…lol.

Wendy lou – Yummo pizza! I love piiizzzza. I liked the iTread 17 pretty good. has some hill work, sprints and a bit of interval. I just wanted a 40 min cardio today cuz I have a hard time sticking to all 20 min HIIT on BFL. Atleast I do 2 itread sprints during the week though. In itread 17 today I liked the part in it where the song has something about aboard the train and Grace makes it into one of those inspirational “we’re all on this Itrain together…leaning out…blah, blah,…from cali to NY…Rome to ..anyway, it’s a goodie, but I guess they all are. I did the LB weight work for BFL (need to buy a few more weight plates though) and then added floor work from B&G’s…I love B&G and was kinda missing it…lol. Now my booty DOMS may interfere with my run outdoors tomorrow but hey, there’s always the foam roller to come home to…

Cathy – Oh, yeah, Spa treatments are a must! Something all my selves agree on! LOL….

ok, here’s the list of Cheetah names so far in no special order:

Thomasina - Posh Cheetah
Cathy - Ski Bunny Cheetah
Lorie - Sporty Cheetah
Carole - NFL Cheetah
Sunny - Get ‘er Done Cheetah
Jackie - Chic Cheetah
Wendi - Workin’ Cheetah
Lori - Canadian Cheetah
Dallas - Windy City Cheetah
Shelly - Super Crazy Cheetah…(lol)

Names under development…

Christine - Foxy Cheetah but she doesn’t like it so maybe Witty Cheetah, Cali Cheetah, Vineyard Cheetah…I dunno…help me out girls!

Wendy - Million Dollar Cheetah or Coffee Crazed Cheetah
Kristi - Super Mom Cheetah
Judy - Upstate NY Cheetah, Golfin’ Cheetah, Fit Cheetah,FitMama Cheetah
Susan - when she returns from her break we'll find one
Linda - Absent Cheetah…….
Hope I didn’t skip over anyone….

Ok, I’ve spent WAY too much time on the computer today…oh who cares, I got my workouts done at least and the laundry and cleaning is slowly getting done…lol

My kids aren’t home (a benefit of having busy teenagers) and DH is outside in all his glory burning up the huge pile of brush from the property, so I’m enjoying the time alone in the house with my dog and um….Frank…Sinatra…lol…

Posh……

So far this weekend I am earning the title of sick cheetah. DH and I had "special" plans this weekend but last night we both were sick and even most of the day today. Nothing bad, just a lot of head cold stuff. However, even though I wasn't feeling the best I still got in BFL PUB & a 3 mile run last night. I was going to do my 7 mile long run today, but I will make today a rest day and do my long run tomorrow instead. The extra rest will do my body good. BTW DS is much better today.

Lorie - I like Dr. Oz. Every time he is on Oprah I try to watch it. I must has missed the episode about the neti-pot. Last night I looked up the neti pot online. Walgreens carries one. I'm going to go there tomorrow and see if they have it in the store, if not then I will check into buying it online. For some reason I thought it would be very expensive, but I found it online at Walgreens for $13. Not a bad price at all.

Wendi - Healing ((HUGS)) coming your way. Wow you have a packed day ahead of you. Hopefully your day is over now and you can relax.

Thomasina - Great job with BFL! I'm looking forward to doing the SF HM with you ladies. As soon as the registration opens I will be signing up. What an awesome experience it will be!

Cathy - Good luck with the DVD transfer. That must be so frustrating. Maybe you can google the problem you are having and it might have a solution. (My DH's suggestion. He's a computer geek.) Enjoy Interval X+.

Sunny - That is so sweet you worrying about me. I'm always around even if I don't get a chance to post. Life just gets in the way and interferes with my computer time.

Wendy - I love the cheetah names you have came up with. You are right Jess should be pull-up cheetah.

BTW DH thinks I should be Turtle Cheetah. :) :) Uh...No I'm not that slow. :) :) Oh, well I guess I will come up with a cheetah name eventually. One day it will come to me or one of you.

Have a great night! WAVES to everyone!

Kristi :: HA! That made me laugh b/c I always think of myself as the turtle cheetah! Sorry you & DH both aren't feeling well. Hope you can knock it out quickly. Great job working out despite it! I am using the software tutorials and help screens, but it's not as user-friendly as other programs, so I'm learning as I go. Slowly. Verrry slooowly. See? Turtle Cheetah! *lol* Would be cool to learn how to create/edit videos, though, and maybe get more use out of my camcorder. I can see my students creating some great projects with this. Wonder, though, if these giant files won't blow out my whole laptop. :) *get well vibes comin' your way*

Thomasina :: I am with you on the spa treatments, Posh! But I've fallen out of my once-a-month massage plan. Need to get back! Enjoy that vino and quiet time...Thanks for compiling the list of names. Those are all good ideas. Another idea for Christine could be Spinerval Cheetah. Or Stealth Shopper was a good one, too. (Can't remember the exact wording.)

Well, I am on my third attempt of trying to upload the video. If it doesn't work this time, I'm callin' it quits for tonight. I didn't realize how late it is already.

K, don't mind me girls. I'm buzzin' on some watermelon martinis right now!:9 }( :9 }(

I thought of another Cheetah name for myself...what do you think of...

http://img110.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/20/65eb6cdb8683f9d96b263e31c6db620a.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Oh and hey english teachin' cheetah Cathy...Did I spell caffienated right??? LOL

Hi Ladies!

I'm here at dad's with my feet propped up and a glass of wine. What a trip! The plane rides were fine, except that I wasn't supposed to change planes in Denver, but ended up doing so anyway - which was interesting - had to back on the plane and get my stuff (it almost went to Albuquerque). The drive down to the beach was a race to beat the snow. I just drove south and finally the snow turned to rain about an hour before I was at the house - then it just rained the whole way. I stopped at the grocery store on my way, and I'm stocked and ready to cook for dad when I pick him up. I HAVE to take photos of this house and show you. It's amazing! I haven't seen it since he had it completely done. For a guy who was born and raised in rural Pennsylvania, he's done pretty darned good!

I hope y'all forgive me - I'm too beat for personals. I get to them tomorrow. I am chuckling over Boobalicious Cheetah! :p I think Wendy's new name is PERFECT! I'm thinking Napa Valley Cheetah, Chef Cheetah - I don't know - maybe I need to be semi coherent to really think about this! :p

Have a great night ladies! You're the best!

Christine :: glad you made it in OK...looking forward to the pics. *sending speedy recovery vibes dad's way* I like all the suggestions we've heard for you so far. How 'bout Silly Putty Hammer Cheetah? http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/grouch/th_beat.gif :p ;) :7 There's always Spice Cheetah that hasn't been taken. You do keep things spiced up around here!

Wendy :: I like Caffeinated Cheetah for you! Had to think about the spelling on that one for a sec. I think you had the i and the e reversed?

OK, an unusually late workout for me b/c I was tied up with this video editing stuff, but Interval X+ and BOSU Blast Core (whoo!) are done. Now I'm off to get showered up and relax. No lesson plans or anything else anymore. I've done enough!

GN, ladies!

PS...Wanna see my new skis? I get to pick 'em up tomorrow--yippeee!!!
http://images.usoutdoorstore.com/usoutdoorstore/products/full/n_oly_drive_skis_08.jpg

Good evening ladies!

Well, I have to thank you all for the vibes AND the fun reading tonight. I just got home from the horse show and, boy, what a treat to giggle over everyone's new names...too funny! Now I've got to get a cool siggy like all of you!

The show had it's ups and downs. Our fave boy was reserve champion again first thing this morning with the professional showing him in the bigger division. Then we had to wait for the last division of the day so the owner (kid) could show him in her division which didn't even start until 6:30...we went about 8:00. Well, all I can say is my respect for this horse has grown. She crashed him pretty good in one class but he still continued to bail her butt out of trouble. I felt so, so sorry for him! He was such a trooper.

Because of the long break I was actually able to go to an urgent care in the middle of the day and they pretty much confirmed what Shelly said (and I had suspected)....thanks hon!!!! WHile they couldn't figure out *exactly* what it is we all seem to be of the opinion that it's some kind of infection and we'll just treat with anitbiotics and see what happens. They did schedule me for an ultrasound and an appt. with a surgeon which I will be cancelling tomorrow as that seems like overkill right now. If, like Shelly said, in a week there's no change then I'll take the next step. I just wish the blasted thing didn't hurt so much...yeowch!!! I was supposed to do 4DSBC/KB tomorrow but it hurts too much to throw punches so it may just be double 4DS BC...or 4DS BC and original BC cardio. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that one }(.

Alrighty, I am one pooped Cheetah. How would that be for a nickname?! Good night to the bestest bunch of ladies out there!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.