Ryka Sneakers - sizing

chars2boys

Cathlete
For those of you that have Ryka sneakers - is the size true to your regular shoe size or did you need to order a 1/2 size or whole size bigger?

Thanks for your input!!!

I had the worst luck with Ryka's sizing. The first pair I got was a 6 and they were too big, so I got a 5 1/2, and they're too small. Maybe it's just my weird feet. Maybe they should make a 5 3/4.

Go look on Zappos.com and see some of the reviews. Most people say that they have to order a half size larger.

I bought my size and they are a large 9 but it doesn't bother me much I just wear thick socks ;)

<Maybe it's just my weird feet.>
TMI TeTe! :7 ;-)

I order a half size up and they fit pretty good. It must be TeTe!

On a previous thread on this question (in "Ask Cathe," I think), responses seemed about equally divided as to those who wore their regular size and those who had to go up 1/2 size. I wear my regular size in them (I tried 1/2 size bigger, but them were too big).

It also depends on what socks you wear with them. If you wear a thicker, cushier pair, like Thorlo's, you probably will have to go up in size.

My suggestion: order one of each size from www.zappos.com or www.shoes.com or another retailer that has a free shipping policy and return the pair that doesn't fit. Or, better yet, find a local retailer wher you can try them on.

To add to the confusion: just because one style (of the same brand) fits right in size X doesn't mean that another style will.

Last year I bought a pair of Rykas a 1/2 size larger and they're a bit too big--my feet slide a little. A couple of weeks ago I bought a pair of Rykas true to my size--5 1/2--, and, while they fit, I wonder if they're too tight because when I look down I see my laces stretched wide! (I can still tie the laces into a bow, though.)

Funny, TeTe--just yesterday when I was doing KPC, I thought, geez, are my feet 5 3/4??:*

As far as using the right pair of shoes for cross-training, I can't emphasize enough how important it is. For years I used running sneakers during my workouts and I didn't realize what a huge knee-saver cross-trainers are! It makes a huge difference!

Betty

LOL!!

Well, I have to confess...I'm using my Saucony running shoes for my workouts right now. They just fit so much better than either of pair of my Rykas!!!

Okay, Betty, I'm going to zappos right now to see what cross-trainers Saucony makes!

Hi Charlene,

I just bought a pair of Ryka Studio shoes, and ordered a size 8, when I usually wear a 7 1/2. My toes come almost to the edge, but the toe box itself is wider than I'm used to. So for me, going up a 1/2 was probably a good move. As others mentioned, though, I may need to use thicker socks to get more support in the box.

I've only worked out with them twice, but really love them so far. They have great cushioning!

Leanne

Thanks Leanne! I really appreciate your info. I've never had Ryka sneakers. I think I may have to find a pair to try on. Sounds like sizing is different for everyone.

Thanks again!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.