Rounded Belly Check-in Week of May 17th

Pennstater, I didn't realize you had three daughters. Oh man, I know the feeling. :D We have three boys,.....what if my twins are boys? LOL, you know it doesn't really matter,...what matters is they are happy & healthy. But seriously, do you know ANYONE with FIVE boys?!?!??!

Susan- How great! I am so excited for you! Woo hoo! So you are technically not much farther than me (3 weeks or so). I can't wait to find out!

Pennstater- Thanks for the warning about Target. DH already hates Target because he had difficulties returning Christmas gifts one year. I may end up registering at Babies R Us then. They have all the same stuff.

Melanie- What a thought! 5 boys! I am just hoping for one at this point! :)

Thanks everyone! I am up later than usual tonight. I can't seem to chill out after my day. Haley was very excited to find out its a girl!
Melanie-are you feeling better? Do you work tomorow? 5 boys...Im tired just thinking about it!
Jen-it won't be long til you know too!
Allison-Hi. Looking forward to hearing about your u/s on Friday.

Morning!
Hope everyone had a good night. My hip didnt hurt at all and I only had to pee 2 times!
Melanie-hope you are feeling better!
Didnt workout yet. Not sure what I want to do. Just doing house stuff. Need to grocery shop.
Stephanie-thanks so much!
Hi to everyone!

Registry

I was never really comfortable with registries (I just don't like asking people to buy me stuff), but once the baby shower date was passed among family, I was asked to register. I went with Babies R Us, as it's pretty local to most of my family. I also learned that they give you 10% off anything from your registry that you did not receive, so I was advised to put things like a high chair on there that I don't need now but will later.

Since I know it's a girl, I went for some girly decorations but did not put clothes on there, figuring I'll get plenty. Also, I second the Baby Bargains book as great advice. I used a cousin's Babies R Us registry as a guide for mine, and I'm happy to share if anyone needs ideas. :)

Have a great day.
Dawn (21.5 weeks and showing!!)

Melanie, whoops - sorry for the confusion! My DD is 3! She's my only one :) I do, however, have 2 stepdaughters (16 and 13) and a stepson who is 10. So, my poor DH (who is only 36, and obviously started having kids when he was very young) has 3 girls. As for anyone with 5 boys, the only person I know with 5 boys is my mother-in-law -- she had 5 boys and 4 girls. Yikes! I know a few people with 4 boys, and I think that would be just exhausting LOL Will you be finding out genders, or will that be a delivery room surprise? Wouldn't it be fun if both were little girls?!

Dawncharlie, I was advised to register for all big items, also -- high chair, convertible car seat, crib mattress, etc. We actually received all of those items at our shower. I was blown away at the generosity of friends and family. I bought the stroller and infant car seat though, because I my mom talked me into a Peg Perego and it was pricey!

One thing DD *loved* was the Jumperoo by Fisher Price. She would happily bounce and sway for as long as we'd let her hang out.

ITA agree with you Dawn about registering for stuff. We didn't register for anything when we got married (because we already double of everything) and family and friends were upset and disappointed because they wanted to buy us stuff. And people are already asking me what I want so in order to avoid problems, I will register for a baby shower. If it were up to me, I would go buy what I want now. :)

Susan- Hooray for your hip! Mine's not too bad either.

Is it normal to feel really full and stretched out? I don't know how to describe this feeling but my belly is really uncomfortable today. My upper right side hurts too as if I pulled something. All I did was walk on the TM last night for 30 minutes. I haven't eaten a huge meal so its not that. But I feel like I could pop today!

Jen-Yes!! This has been a major complaint of mine. I always feel stuffed even after a small snack. I guess our stomachs are getting mushed in there. I have been trying to just eat small snacks throughout the day

Ok good, thanks Susan! I was getting worried. I figured I would feel that way later on but not so soon. I didn't even eat that much for lunch and for about 4 hrs afterwards I felt that way when normally I am eating every 2-3 hours.

I mistakenly weighed myself at work (we have a medical scale) and it says I gained three pounds since my dr's appointment two weeks ago. How much is good/normal to gain during second trimester?

Had my OB appt yesterday and all went well-very active baby. They are sending me to the perinatologist on June 3 for another ultrasound and check up.

Susan- Congratulations! I'm so glad your ultrasound went well

Jen - In my 2nd tri I had a month where I gained 10 lbs.!! Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

DD is calling me - it's our first night w/her going to bed on her own. Gotta go....

HI!
Jen-I go tomorrow for my normal ob appt and Im afraid of that scale. At my last visit I had only put on 2..but I know its up to 7or 10 now. We'll help each other keep a check on our eating. I gained 30 with Haley..and Im hoping I don't go over that. I really hate the stuffed feeling I get now!! Of course I still eat though :)

Wendy-glad to hear you are doing well! Sleeping alone is the only obstacle we have faced with DD. As I type she is waiting for me to come check on her...and most nights she wakes up and I get in bed with her!!!

nite nite

I think for 2nd and 3rd trimesters, it's an average gain of 1 pound per week. 1st trimester, the books say to shoot for a total of 3 to 5 pounds during the entire 13 weeks.

I gained NINE pounds last month, putting me at 17 pounds gained at 21 weeks. ACK! BUT, I did eat a lot of salty foods the 2 days prior to my appt, so I'm convinced at least 2 pounds were water retention :p

I have days where I'm full but hungry. Those days are dangerous for me, because I find myself grazing (see above about 9 pound weight gain in 4 weeks!). I remember feeling that way often during the last month or two, because there just wasn't room in there, I guess. I was famished after delivery!! DH's friend ran out and got us hoagies -- I still remember it vividly -- turkey and swiss with tomatoes and lettuce and spicy brown mustard. It was the best sandwich EVER!! And I was able to eat the WHOLE THING! LOL

I still have not figured out weight gain for pregnancy. I think I lost about 5 pounds this week because I can only eat very small meals. I thought I was eating more frequently to help make up, but I guess not. Now watch me overcompensate and gain 10 pounds in the next two weeks :p

I second the reservation about Target's return policy, they are brutal about no receipts. I bought a gift for someone this past week and could not get it marked on the registry because all of their printers were down. Then I only remembered the gift receipt when I was halfway home :(. I will be registering there because there is no Babies R' Us in town.

I was talking with someone just the other day, about registering. I feel like because I have people who love me spread from Texas to Germany (and that is just family) that registering is simply a way to let people know what I need and want. When I register my attitude is more that I know people will want to buy me things in celebration of the baby rather than that anyone "owes" me gifts. It is a tool, and like anything can be used to express either greed or communication to loved ones.

Hi folks. I'm attempting to go to work today. My rhythm for past 4 days has been: "eat, vomit, sleep, repeat". I hope it changes today, or I'm not going to make it!!!! I'm feeling weak, please pray for me today!

Dragonfly- I agree also about your idea of registering. We both have a lot of family out of state and I know people are going to want to buy stuff cause this is the first baby in both of our families in a long time so I would rather show them what we need/want instead of getting things that we really don't need. I feel sort of mixed about it but in the end, its all about my little one. :)

Melanie- I hope you feel better! You are such a trooper! Hang in there girl, hopefully only a couple more weeks and I will pray that it eases off much sooner for you! But just remember: at least you know babies are healthy and growing well! That is the only thing that got me through some of my worst days.

Pennstater- I did read on the American Pregnancy website that it is 1 lb a week in the second and third. Whew! I thought I was doing good....:) Really I only gained a pound and half over the last two weeks. And I did eat alot of greek food and have been having dessert (brownies) every night.

Susan- We need a subforum in here to keep our eating in check. I will be happy with a 30-35 lb weight gain for this pregnancy if that is what my dr says is healthy. I started at 135 lb and I am 5'7" so I am on the smaller side. I feel like all of it is in my belly right now cause I am still in most of my normal pants. Plus I have been trying to drink a ton of water every day and I have done really good with that.

Hi Wendy! I'm glad your appointment went well! So how many u/s have you actually had so far? It seems like you have seen your LO alot! :) I am hoping that mine will be more active at the gender u/s. I think he/she was napping at the last u/s.

Well it is the fourth day of steady rain here in Florida. I feel like I live in England. It is great for the fires we were having but not so good for my house. DH is re-doing the guest bedroom and took the fan down yesterday and its a good thing he did because we found out from all this rain that our roof is leaking. DH is trying to fix it himself but we may need to call someone. When it rains, it pours... :) Such is life. Have a good one ladies!

Hi
Normal boring visit to the dr. Total of 6 pounds now. Not too bad for 19 weeks.
Headed to Haley's school for award ceremony. BBL

A great website that i registered at is nurturedfamily.com. I registered there and Target. I had originaly registered at Babys R Us but they did not download the scanner! I really don't feel like going back and doing all of that again.

I bought all of my maternity clothes from a store called KidtoKid. They have a website and and several locations. It is a great store. It's a consignment or thrift store and they have everything for babies on up to I think kids size 12. I was able to get some really cute maternity clothes for a fraction of the cost. I looked at other thrift stores and I couldn't find ANYTHING decent. The maternity clothes were pitiful. KidtoKid also has an amazing selection of baby clothes. You can really find some cute stuff there.

Ashley

Kinda quiet around here today.
Been out and about most of today with dr, errands and school stuff. HOpe everyone has had a good day.
Jen-Im all for helping each other keep it clean. Im stocked back up with fruit and veggies so Im ready to go. I leave for Fla next Friday..so I need to be really good this week because I know it will be hard to be squeaky clean on vacation. My mom says never buy a watermelon before the 4th but I got one today. I hope its good!!!
I think I will post my meals each day to help keep in check!

Melanie-I hope your day was good. How are you feeling?? Do you have Friday off so you can rest up??

Oh, the nurse told me today about something that helps with constipation. Use a teaspoon or so of Milk of Mag put that in warmed up Dr Pepper. Supposed to work wonders. They called it "the bomb" in nursing school!!! Anyone ever heard of that??

Hi Ashley and everyone!!!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.