Rounded Belly Check-in Week of May 17th

Autumn- I have had vaginal u/s so many times (many different reasons) that I joked with my DH that I could do it myself.

Priscilla- I think you should get an ab u/s. I did at 12 weeks and didn't even need my bladder to be full. I too have a tilted uterus and we saw the baby just fine. I need a few more colors of capris for work and I should be set for awhile. I love their pants but they can be kind of expensive. I think I started feeling a flutter at 13 weeks. It was just a real quick pitter patter and then I didn't feel it again for another week. I wasn't really sure what it was so I didn't post about it but then I heard it can be common to feel just a quick one this early. I am interested to see what it feels like as it get stronger.

Susan- I wondered about gest diabetes and too much sugar too. I have really been trying to keep my sugar in check.

Melanie- I don't have the fatigue anymore but I do have the dizziness. I have to get up slowly all the time now.

I can't wait to see everyone's u/s pics! I love looking at them!

Melanie, I don't get them at a specialty store, just the grocery store. I've found them in the organic section or I've bought the quaker brand if they don't have the organic kind. I'm telling you though, they really make all the difference.

I think I was 16 or 17 weeks when I started feeling the baby move. I was beginning to wonder because everybody kept asking me "did you feel the baby move yet?" Now she moves all the time and I can see her moving too. I've heard some people say the kicking hurts but I haven't experienced that at all. Oh, and by the time I started the second trimester, I felt MUCH better. I pretty much felt like my normal self. So far for the third trimester I've felt great too. I have trouble sleeping some nights just because I get restless feeling, like I can't get comfortable but other than that I feel great. I think the workouts help. I try to get in 30 min. or more a day 5 days a week. I'm procrastinating now so i better get to my workout.

Ashley

Oh man. I'm a sore, sickly unit tonight. Lots of vomiting & fatigue. I think I'm going to call into work tomorrow. I cannot even imagine getting up early and working a full day. :(
I did order some steel oats from the internet grocery store. I have rolled oats, and quick oats,...but no steel oats. ;)
I"m off to bed again....

Morning!
Melanie-I hope you slept well and are feeling better!! You'll love the steel cut oats!

Well, today I go to Little Rock for my u/s. If they see a problem I will have the option for the amnio today also. I will let you guys know how it goes..My appt is at 130.

My darn hip hurt again last night. I was stretching at 1am..and that helped a little. Then at 3 Haley wakes up so I get in bed with her. Yawn!

Hi to everyone!
I am off to get Haley up and going etc. bbl

Susan- I can't wait to hear about your appointment! Good luck! I'm sure everything will be great! Sorry to hear about your hip again. I think I slept wrong because my neck and upper back are killing me today giving me a headache.

Melanie- Sorry that you are so sick! I really hope it gets better for you in the second trimester. You are almost there girl!

Ashley- I noticed on the days that I worked out that I slept so soundly. Now if I could just get back into the swing of things.... :)

Hi to everyone else! It's rainy and yucky here in Florida so I don't feel motivated today. I will check back later!

Wendy - Oh, I love that your daughter is so interested in your belly. So cute that she is determined he is growling.

Melanie - I am still sleeping 14 hours a day at 14 weeks. I thought this was supposed to be better by now :(

Jen - I am planning on registering after I find out the gender. You probably do not need to worry about it until you have a shower coming up. Where are you going to register? I hope your flutters are your baby moving. I have not felt anything yet, and am not sure how I will know it is the baby.

Susan - good luck at your u/s!

Hello to Ashely, Autumn, Dawn, Precilla, Allison, Buneknek, Erin and Christine

I have managed to get 3 free bags of maternity clothes this week so no shopping for me until I figure out what I already have.

Cee - due Nov 18

Last edited:
Cee~ I'm sorry your energy hasn't come back. :( You're a month ahead of me, and I find that discouraging. :( Yeah on the free maternity clothes!!!

I had a good friend loan me buckets full of clothes last time, sadly when I miscarried she was breathing down my neck to get them back. It was extremely stressful & difficult. This is time I'm not "borrowing" any clothes. I did score on a maternity lot on eBay though! Here's a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110388496040&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123
I hope that most of the things fit. I ordered about 5 pairs of pants from Old Navy/Gap and it was $250!!!!! Ouch. Only one pair fit though, so I'm sending the rest back. ;)

Cee- I am thinking of registering at Babies R Us and Target. They seem to have the most of what I like/need. I have people bugging me already to register so they can start buying things so I might register in a few weeks for some things like bottles and such. Nothing gender specific. Way to go on the maternity clothes!

HEy
Here I am! We are just now getting back to town. Everything went great. No "markers" were found so I opted against having the amnio...and ITS A GIRL!!!! Haley will be soooooo excited. I don't go pick her up until 7.
I will post the pic in a bit..Im starving!
Thanks all of your for your prayers and thoughts!
Hope you are feeling better Melanie!

THanks Kate!! Now I can relax and little and enjoy this! And Yes. GIRLS RULE!

Attachments

• babygirl.JPG
    babygirl.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 16
Congrats! I"m so excited for you!!!! How far along are you? Did you know you were going to learn sex today?!?!?! A girl, huh? Does this mean you'll try for a number 3?~?!?!?!? LOL

Nope I think Im done haha! I would of been thrilled with a boy but girls are cool. At least Haley is around to play Barbie, which I detest!!!
Yes, I knew I would find out the sex. The u/s took about 30 min. They measured everything..long bones etc..and examined the heart and brain. It was cool. I am 18 weeks 4 days. They moved my due date to Oct 16...it was the 13th. Whats 3 days..geez! HB was 151 and she weighs 8oz

Susan, what wonderful news -- a healthy little girl :) What a relief, and now you can enjoy the next 21 or 22 weeks. I'm so happy for you.

Jen/Sweetpea, be careful with a Target registry. I have friends who registered there and ended up with multiples of things they registered for because the computer didn't update quickly. When they tried to return items from the registry without a receipt (because not everyone gives the gift receipt), they were held to the regular store return policy of only 3 items per year without a receipt. You might want to ask them about it. Target is one of my fave stores!

For anyone new to this, I recommend the book Baby Bargains. It was so helpful to me when I was overwhelmed by all the baby fluff available!

I did Butts & Guts today. Well, I only did the "standing butt" part and tried the 15-minute stability ball abs but there wasn't much I could do with the abs part. Whew -- what a workout!

My "big" u/s is Friday morning. I'm a bit nervous, but am trying to remember that the health of the baby is really in God's hands now. Just praying it's healthy!

DD3 keeps referring to her new baby sister. She wants NOTHING to do with the idea of baby brother at this point LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.