role model

It's really my own description for her. I would love to be able to sit her down and say,

"Cher, we all love you, and you're in really good shape, but ya gotta cut out the Bob Mackie costume crap! It worked for your show in the early seventies, but it's not attractive on you anymore."

Kim Cattrall

Yup, I think she's around 43! She looked great at the Emmy Awards. Joan Rivers (now she's NOT my fitness role model!!) asked if her whole family looked so great. Kim said her family ate really well. She's watched what she eats since she was a teenager. I'm sure genetics helps!

RE: Kim Cattrall

Hi Everyone,

Apparently, Kim was born in Liverpool, and moved to the US when she was a toddler.

About Cher

Cher was born in 1946 according to various websites. I know she is way older than I am, as I was a pipsqueak when she was on TV. Anyway. She is 56 according to my math.

Hey Honeybunch, I've been reading this forum for about a year now, but haven't posted too often until recently. I read a post from Aquajock that said that you can belt out 75 pushups. I just read your profile and noticed you are 52. I just want to say that it's women like you that keep me MOTIVATED. I want to be doing this for the rest of my life. (Okay I expect to modify IMAX a little when I'm 80). I'm 37 now and feel like I'm just starting to live again now that I'm back into the world of the active and feeling great. I love to hear about you women that are in this age catagory and doing so well. THAT INSPIRES ME. Thanks to all of you.

Briee.

RE: Catheites are MY role models

Thank you Bobbi! I actually thought of you at the grocery store today! I was going to buy tortillas and then thought, 'they have flour.' Ooh, as if it were poison! I remember you saying how you eat tortillas and I look up to your fitness philosophy so I bought them. I also, (insert swear word here), bought some Little Debbie snack cakes. But I really am trying! Thanks for your inspiring post!

RE: My fridge montage

Here's who I'd have on my fridge:
Cathe, for motivating me 6 days a week
Madonna, for her dedication to fitness
Me, when I was below 80 lbs.
Me, when I was above 160 lbs.
Me now (not great by any means, but hey, it's a happy medium)
And I wish I could have a big ol' group photo of all of the people on this forum who inspire, educate, and comfort me.
Thanks everybody!

Hi Bobbi,

I have got to admit that stepping doesn't affect my dodgy right knee, but hi impact floor cardio does, I always have to modify it into low impact.
Glad to hear your foot is feeling better !

Anna

RE: Catheites are MY role models

Bobbi:

this is a great piece. Thank you for writing it. We are all human with ups and downs all the time and as you say, we just keep bouncing right back and trying again.

Your words are inspirational, and I have to agree with you: when I need inspiration to stop me going off the exercise and comittment to healthy life long term, it is to my cyber friends here at cathe.com that I turn. You are all an inspiration and endless source of encouragement to me and I am thankful for you all.

Clare

RE: My fridge montage

Maybe we should create a forum photo album where we could all post our "befores" and "afters."

I kinda like Beth Horn because I read she used to be a "skinny minnie" like me, so maybe there's hope for me!

Angela

Bobbi,
I LOVE your post. So true! So true!
I just try to be my personal best, because we are all individuals with our own set of circumstances, you absolutely cannot 'compare' yourself to anyone. BUT, inspirationally, I agree with you! I find the gals and guys (Hi, Trevor!) here very inspiring, as well as the folks over at VF. Cathe is a huge inspiration, as well, she's so positive-minded, and so fit - the things she is capable of, and all while verbally instructing us! Geesh!!!
But any woman or man who perseveres in the face of circumstances that make things maybe a little more challenging than others, and/or those who have overcome certain problems/issues that were roadblocks to their health and well-being, (so I guess that includes...everybody) those are inspirational people to me!
Kathy

I don't have any pictures on my fridge however since I am male my role model is Gilad-he is 48 and his six pack is awesome.I wish his workouts were like Cathe.My other male role models are Silk Manning (featured in Janis Saffell Kickbox Express)and Michael Olajide Jr (Kathy Smith Aerobox).They are incredibly fit awesome looking men.
Ki

Kathy, I never have to look a farther than Cathe.com for inspiration and some of the tv and fitness role models make me feel like I should say "moo" and that's a shame because I am slim and fit but my bod refuses to conform to today's "standard" of beauty. Those old Italian master painter would love my tummy, lol!

Bobbi http://www.plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif Chick's Rule!

My role model is Cedie from Cathe's videos. I think it's cool that she is a P.E. teacher plus has 2 children plus still keeps herself in incredible shape. That girl has some energy!

Lisa

bobbi...

Good to read from you again!

I too suffered from plantar fascitis. One of the best things I did was to rest those feet! But my very dear and understanding husband bought me a semi-recumbent bike to keep my cardio up.

It was helpful to my attitude to be able to do some cardio and still rest my feet. They do get better. I also had orthotics made for my feet, and I wouldn't do a workout with out them. I've been better fot two years now and do mainly Cathe workouts, bike and treadmill/outdoor walking. (Lots of STEP)

Take time to enjoy those who matter most to you & do all things in moderation :)

Wow, I always likes Cedie, but I didn't lnow anything about her.

Take time to enjoy those who matter most to you & do all things in moderation :)

Wow, I always likes Cedie, but I didn't lnow anything about her.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.