Rock Star Super Nova

Who won? I forgot it was on and forgot to tape it!

I am asking for a spoiler here so if you don't want to know, get out of this thread ASAP!! Proceed at your own risk!!!

SPOILER!!!!! DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO WON!!!!

Lucas won! The bottom 2 were Magni and Toby. They both performed and Magni went home. Next Toby, Dilana, and Lucas performed. They then sent Toby home. The final 2 were Dilana and Lucas and they picked Lucas. Funny thing is, Tommy Lee said they were going to listen to all their fans so he asked who should they select. Everybody was screaming Dilana and there were a ton of Dilana signs and they picked Lucas. They said Lucas got the most votes last night. Personally, I think the house band and the cover songs are so much better than the SuperNova stuff.

I had a feeling they were picking Lukus. He was only in the bottom once and they would rave about his performances week after week (though I didn't really 'get' Lukus. I liked his original song.

The way the show was edited, it seemed pretty harsh how they cut Toby. I think Toby was ultimately too 'pop' for them.

I will definitely give Dilana's CD a listen. If Gilby and Navarro are a part of it, it should be HOT.

Well, the end of another rocking summer. I'll miss my weekly fix of Navarro and Gilby (fanning myself now.....)

Mary

Mary-
I'm with you, I LOVE Dave and Gilby, they were half of the reason I'd watch the show:9
Calee

Well the Canucks are 2 for 2 in the Rock Star reality series, JD Fortune for INXS last year and Lucas for Super Nova this year both Canadian (like me :D). I loved JD, I can't say the same for Lucas, he just gives me the creeps and I don't like his voice. I'll buy Dilana's CD in a heartbeat but I'll pass on Super Nova. It was a fun series though, fantastic music and for me it's a pleasure to look at Dave and Tommy any old day, I'll miss looking at Toby, he's one handsome dude:D

Take Care
Laurie

Is this her 3rd child? I heard she was engaged to someone but I forget who it is. I bet she will be back in tip top shape for next summers show!
Was she not married to an old man the first time around? Thats what I heard but I didn't know if it was true.

Lori:)

Gidget, I think her first hubbie was a plastic surgeon and they have 2 girls together. I read she just got engaged and someone here said it was to a guy who was on Baywatch.

I'm going to miss this show so much! I agree that Dave and Gilby are pretty nice to look at. Tommy Lee is starting to look a little ragged, IMO. How old is he anyway? I saw him in concert when I was a teenager and he did this awesome drum solo and he wore nothing the whole show but a little string bikini.

I personally think any ONE of the final four would have been better than Lukas. I really thought Toby was the best fit for that particular band. I was going to get tickets for their show when they came to town, but after Lukas won, I changed my mind. I will save my money for the Dilana/Storm world tour.;-)

They offered Dilana a CD deal .. and Dave Nivara backing her .. and she is going to tour w/the house band and Dave .. I will buy her CD in a hot minute .. she should have won .. and my prediction her CD will be better than Super Nova ...

I Knew that Lucas had it .. before they announced the winner a Survivor pre-view came on .. and guess what .. Lucas's original song "you Make My Head Spin" was playing the background of the preview .. I said then .. MAN .. he had to have won!! dang it .

.. the crowd actually BOOOOOO'd when they told Tobey he was out .. Tobey actually had to quiet the crowd to let the guys explain .. so Tobey will probably get a cd deal out of this too! and on a shallow note .. man is he HOT!! LOL

But what a group of talent the show had .. I for one have enjoyed the ride!!!:7

What a total disappointment!! I also saw the Survivor preview, with Lukas' song - my husband and I looked at each other and said "You've got to be kidding me!". Mark Burnett usually is much better at keeping the ending a secret...

Someone posted on here about two weeks ago that it had leaked that Lukas won. Doesn't that make you wonder if this was all taped previosly and just shown now? I was skeptical of it when I first saw that post, but now I'm not so sure.

I was very happy to see Ryan come back - and when they booed as Toby was cut, it reminded me of how everyone reacted to see Ryan leave. Personally, I would only have bought a CD if Toby had won - he was my favorite singer of the final four. BTW, did any Toby fans out there think that Lukas singing the Supernova song (that Toby did originally) sounded horrible?

I hope I don't sound too bitter........I'll still watch next year, I like Dave Navarro and it's nice to hear rock and roll for a change!

Tricia

Yes, that Survivor commercial killed the whole suspense! Had to be a mistake!

I agree that Toby sang that SuperNova song sooooo much better than Lucas. I couldn't even understand the words when Lucas screamed them.

I too wondered if it had been taped previously but that doesn't make sense cause how would people have called in votes? But there was a link on the RockStar website to Brooke Burke's blog that I clicked on. In it she was saying how now that taping was done she was looking forward to spending the Summer in Mexico. Summer is over now so that doesn't make sense either. I saw Tommy Lee on Regis and Kelly last week and they asked him who won and he said we'd have to watch the show to find out so that also makes me think it was already taped.

Okay- I just need to sound off here- LUCAS!!!????? He is gross looking, had the least talent of the final four and has NO stage presence!!!! Also, he was in the bottom 3 last night and if SuperNova was listening to their fans, shouldn't they have picked Dilana? Also, for Dave(hottie) to ask her to play with the house band, and Gilby to volenteer to produce and play on an album- WHY would they pick Lucas? I'm thinking a woman fronting their band was not what they were looking for- but I for one will buy Dilanas album when it comes out but not supernovas.
Deanie:)

PS- was any critism given to Dilana all summer? I think just once on psycho killers- Lucas however constantly had something to work on or correct.
Thanks for listening:)- I feel better now:)

Obviously Lucas appeals to someone!! Not me though LOL!! I think that the voting thing was all a hokes they picked who they wanted. How could we possibly know who the public voted for? Anyway, I am still crying for my Toby!!! And still crying for Marty from last year!! I vow never to watch Rock Star again!! When's next season LoL!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

I had to chime in on this thread..

I think that Lukas was picked before the show even started..it was never a contest..NEVER!
Supernova picked LUKAS because he can never last...as the band will never last, I call it the rock band picked for a tv show.
They are never going to do anything, maybe tour for a year and that is about it...as I am sure that Lukas will self destruct within a year.
They did not pick Toby, Dilana, magni or Ryan because they were all serious and really wanted to be in a band, plus they all had level heads and would be pissed if the band suddenly was no more...

Dilana had all the votes not Lukas! Plus it is hard to believe that Ryan Star got booted off when his original song was the most downloaded off the Rockstar site.

This was never reality tv people..NEVER!
:)

I am sooooo in agreement with you, and this has "skewed" my take on reality call in shows from now on. The reaction to Ryan getting voted off should have shown Tommy and the boys (who were so shocked to get booed) that people want real talent, not a freak show (sorry to all the Lukas fans.) This is just the newest way to have a TV show that people will watch - until the cover is blown and nobody believes them anymore. (That commercial really was ill-timed, wasn't it?)

Ok, I feal better now - Thanks!!
Tricia

>I had to chime in on this thread..
>
>
>I think that Lukas was picked before the show even started..it
>was never a contest..NEVER!
>Supernova picked LUKAS because he can never last...as the band
>will never last, I call it the rock band picked for a tv show.
>
>They are never going to do anything, maybe tour for a year and
>that is about it...as I am sure that Lukas will self destruct
>within a year.
>They did not pick Toby, Dilana, magni or Ryan because they
>were all serious and really wanted to be in a band, plus they
>all had level heads and would be pissed if the band suddenly
>was no more...
>
>Dilana had all the votes not Lukas! Plus it is hard to believe
>that Ryan Star got booted off when his original song was the
>most downloaded off the Rockstar site.
>
>This was never reality tv people..NEVER!
>:)

Yes, I am really disturbed by this. I remember someone posting about the winner a few weeks ago and the other stuff just proves that this was not live. There were no votes. That explains why Zayra (or whatever her name was) lasted so long. Isn't that somehow illegal or something? I wonder if it was that way last year. For some reason I don't think so....it seemed I remember several people being teary eyed when they were voted off. But who knows!
x( Marnie

I also think the Apprentice is fixed, ie, they already know who they are going to choose, the rest of course is just to sell commercials. It is a brilliant moneymaking scheme on the part of all the companies involved however, I admire it from that aspect. It is all to get the sponsors "embedded" into the show, so that as people Tivo out the commercials, the producers can still get the advertising in by using and talking about the products within the context of the show....fascinating.

I have been trying to figure out how it could have been live also because of remarks made by both Tommy Lee and Brooke Burke. I saw Tommy Lee on Regis a week before the finale and he already knew the winner but would only tell Regis that it is one of the final four contestants so he wouldn't spoil it. Also in Brooke Burk's blog she talks about how she's glad taping is done and now she can spend the Summer in Mexico with her kids. That was before the show ended, plus Summer is obviously over now. I'm just not clear on this at all.

It makes me wonder if that's why they edited in all the Dilana stuff towards the end of the show because otherwise people would be wondering how on earth she didn't get picked.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.