Robin/rjroubi: THe Vagrants was A++!!

sparrow13

Cathlete
So thanks for the rec. I'm reading her short stories now, A Thousand Years of Good Prayers. Love love love finding out about new authors.

Thanks again!

Not that I need another recommendation or that my to read list isn't long enough already ... but.. since I didn't see the original recommendation, what was The Vagrants about? Would you mind sharing a couple details? :D or are you going to make me go to amazon.com and search? :p

www.amazon.com :p

Kidding! Basically - and this is really basically - it's about how the actions/arrest of a political dissident in China impact several other people in the small community, from a schoolboy to the eldery street-sweepers. The story takes place after her arrest, so she doesn't actually figure into the story that heavily - just her influence. Great story.

HTH!

Thanks! I'll see if that's available for my sony reader. I can add it to my growing list. :eek:

Still liking your new e-reader Dawn? I don't know how I ever lived without mine!
I DO like it. Especially since I'm in the middle of reading 3 books right now. :D
It makes it soooo easy to switch between books and it's so easy to carry around with me.

If I had to find one thing wrong with it, it would be that you can't pass on a book to someone else. But since no one else I know is interested in MANY of the books I read, I guess it's not a big deal. :p

I even downloaded a bunch of classic books for free that I wonder if I'll ever get a chance to read. :eek:

I knew you would love it!! I also bought "A Thousand Years of Good Prayers" but haven't started it yet (I've been traveling with very little down time).

The Vagrants was a fast read. I thought the characters created were simply amazing. I liked that they were all somewhat complex and not defined as just good or evil.

Ah...so little time and so many good books to read!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.