Ripped with HiiT December

This morning I did Chest, Triceps & Shoulders. That was humbling. I hope I can raise my arms tomorrow. As of this morning, I have now done all of the RwH workouts. Even the ones I found brutal (HIIT Lower Body Circuit and Plyo HIIT 1), I still matched Cathe's weight (even had up arrows on some) and was always able to keep pace with her. They wore me out, but I could keep up. Chest, Tris & Shoulders humbled me. I kept up... sort of. I have down arrows on some of my weights--Cathe is a beast and I couldn't match her on all the exercises like I usually do. Plus, I dropped to my knees every single time on the push up finishers. I did start on my toes--but dropped to my knees every time. That is one tough workout. The hardest in the entire series, I think. Something to strive for!

Yesterday as my doubles workout I did Low Impact HIIT 2--LOVED it! Definitely like it a lot more than Low Impact HIIT 1 and it was more intense, too--the moves were easier to execute. Still didn't get me in my anaerobic range like Plyo HIIT does, but I still I loved it!

Tomorrow is yoga--and I need it!

Today I did PRS#1 with complete abs premix from Core Max. I have also complete all the RWH dvds plus did some twice. I found Plyo #2 the hardest followed by Lower Body Circuit. Later, I'm going to do one of the scrambled premixes from Lower Impact HiiT. Loved the extreme one I did earlier in the week. I too also like #2 better than #1 for the lower impact hiit. Tomorrow is my end of week for week #2 and will be doing Upper Body Circuit again, 2nd time this week. I'm thinking about doing the scrambled premix there as well just to change things up. I'm having such a great time with these new dvds and love them all. So glad I took my rest day yesterday and did yoga because I needed it and feel so much better today and more energized. I'm trying to figure out where to fit in yesterdays live class because it looked like fun and I love her live classes.

I did PLYO 1 and abs 2. I had a hard time with my mat for this workout. It was fun and over very fast. I thought the abs 2 was harder than 1. Abs 1 is just so fun.

I'm a bit tight/sore in my front shoulders from yesterday's chest,shoulders and tris workout.

Wasn't able to do my pm workout since I just spent 4 hours cleaning the garage and building shelves with my husband. But I guess that counts as something. Tomorrow is upper body circuit and hopefully a Cathe live cardio.

Gosh y'all I can tell I have NOT been doing cardio much at all! Cause on the rotation was plyo 1 it was not the step like I thought it was the mat again and in this one she does one hand burpees. And lots of jumps. Gosh o thought I'd like it and would but it hurt the crap out of my feet but I think it is cause I gained some weight back or something. I just feel like I have. When I gain I get to feel it in my feet it seems. It was burning them so had to change shoes in the middle of it. I need to find some cushion. Grr. I need to add some jogging I guess that seems to be less hurtful on my feet and I love it but Problem is dogs out there now! Big ones I hate that! Oh well okay anyway have back bi and shoulders tomorrow! Love that kind of workout I love working my biceps for some reason.
I am still some what sore from the Chest, triceps,shoulders I did on Tuesday I think it was. I mean the first day wasn't bad the second day was crazy and today I felt I was doing a lot better till I had an itch in the middle of my back lol I could not raise my arm and reach back there my triceps was screaming at me to stop! Lol!
I am thinking since I need more cardio I may add a steady state less intense day in here for extra calorie burn cause I need to lose some weight. Any suggestions?

I did Plyo 2 and abs 1. I liked it a lot better than plyo 1. Im starting with just the step and will work up to the risers as the weeks progress.

Today was yoga--I did Patrick Goudeau's Release. My chest, triceps and shoulders are all sore from yesterday's workout so I actually had problems with chatarungas! That's a first! So I know exactly how you feel Sara--I have never had to drop to my knees while doing a chatarunga--but this morning, that happened! Tomorrow is a rest day--so nothing but family time since my daughter arrives tonight.

So Thursday I did Hiit Circuit Lower Body, Friday was Plyo Hiit Two - Abs one. Yesterday afternoon I went shopping, I could hardly depress the clutch on my Jeep. Last night I almost threw a blanket on the kitchen floor to sleep, climbing the stairs was just too much. No DOMs, but my legs felt like lead. Every step was an effort. Don't know what my problem is, usually a leg workout doesn't bother me at all. This morning is a little better, but I'm glad today is a rest day!! Thanks Cathe, there is a smile under all my whining.

Last edited:
Today was UB circuit and the end of week 2 for me. I miss the heavier lifting for upper body but I'll be back to that this week (week 3). I also did a Cathe live of Cardio Boxing w/Stab. ball abs. Tomorrow will be LIHI Legs and I'll try to get that done around 7am since I have family coming in later in the day.

Yesterday I did Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders. Well, I thought that since I use the same weights as Cathe in XTrain that I would do the same with this workout. It was very difficult! I couldn't get all the reps out and sometimes had to drop to a lighter weight. And those finishers were killer! Definitely lots of room to grow with this workout. DOMS weren't too bad today, but definitely there.

This morning I went for it -- I did HiiT Circuit Lower Body. It was very, very challenging. I used a 6" step and the same weights Cathe did. I had to pause a few times just to breathe! I loved the variety of moves and the music was great. To me, this felt similar in intensity to LIHI Legs. Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I didn't feel the need for a second rest/recovery day yet. And my legs feel fine from this morning. Actually I'm feeling achy in my lower back.

This series is fantastic! If RWH doesn't get my legs in great shape, I don't think anything will!!! I have yet to try Upper Body Circuit and one of each of the Plyo and Low Impact HiiTs.

Bzbnmom that is great on matching Cathe on the circuit lower body! I never match her! I am almost there however! I have come pretty far since discovering Cathe but still have along way to go. I have not done any of the circuits yet and HIIT 2 have not done I think maybe that is on tap for tomorrow?
Rpages64 I agree LIHL is a great legs workout! I was proud I actually went heavier in the squat then I ever have! I wanted to go for it

Fire medic next week I'll be going into the circuits how much lighter do you estimate going down when u do them? I am going really heavy this week and I am barely making it to 12 so how many reps are we going to try to get out in the circuits? I'm trying to gage my weights I'll need. So are you adding an extra cardio day?

Desert ambrosia!! I was like that after the LIHL one it seemed each new day brought on a different area of soreness! One day I was sore in my cheeks really bad then the next was the hip area and thighs the next I was still sore but in my hammies And my inner thighs and the sides of my calfs!! The sides of my calfs? Really ? lol then my butt again! Yep never had been sore like that! I always complain I hardly get DOMS but wow I had it for four or five days!!

Jengoff hi there!! I need to do some yoga!! So much I want to do but no time!!

Today for me was back biceps shoulders! I really WISH I can go heavier when we do the deltoid flys but I am SO weak there!!! I can ONLY do 8 pounds!! Had to go to 5 on last set because I wanted to go slower and concentrate on the muscle more. I think I need to work on that area more on my own even to get the muscle memory better. I really liked how she did the one laying down on the bench because that helped me recruit the deltoid muscle more I think. Well I think I will use only the step tomorrow for the HIIT 2 tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!!

Cathe used lighter weights in upper body circuit so I matched her for all the moves. The heaviest she uses is 1 20lb dumbbell for back rows. Even for biceps, she only uses 12lb db's. I chose not to go heavier since it's a circuit and have to be able to do all the cardio. I do not match Cathe on all the weights in lower body circuit because I found that one a lot harder than the other legs workout. I found lower body circuit and plyo Hiit #2 to the hardest of this new series. Today is LIHI Legs and will be doing that in about 30 mins.

Today is a rest day for me.
I can almost always match Cathe for lower body weights, but I have not done the lower body circuit yet. Upper body I am lower, especially in the triceps, my weakest link. :(

This coming week I am going to try and workout but I may miss some workouts. I have to work the day before and the day after Christmas, oh and my mother in law will be staying with us for a few days.

A question for anyone who can help, I just turned 50,(UGH) I am in good shape, exercise daily , try to eat good, my question is I have some stubborn pounds that I feel in my midsection(where else) that i want to get rid of, I do notice my diet seems to be low in calories, I also am recovering from an ED (I think it will always be a struggle) but i am afraid of overeating and I am afraid of eating too many carbs, and I know to eat more means to burn more, just trying to get over a hump I guess so any help appreciated

Roslyn, I will be 50 in August. I too have weight in my mid section that I did not have before. The only thing I can think of is to track your calories. Myfitnesspal is a great site, but calculate your calories don't use what they suggest, it will be to low.
As far as carbs go, for me if I cut them totally out of my diet I will inevitably binge.

Today was Upper Body Circuit. I really like this one, and I think it's a great metabolic training workout. I also think it's a great complement to the super tough heavy weight workouts in the series. Having said that, I didn't feel this workout much in my upper body, and actually tacked on Ruthless Ringside with my weighted gloves to really fatigue my upper body. I do have plenty of up arrows for my weight selections so I'm hoping next time I'll feel it more in the upper body as opposed to my lower body and core.

RWH Plyo HiiT 2 + Abs 1
I did this with a 6" step and did not pick up weights for the 2 weighted exercises. It was a good workout for me today.

Renee and Elaine, my weakest body part (compared to Cathe) was always biceps and it was my least favorite to work because it was sooo hard. Doing STS last winter and then Body Beast this summer finally brought me up to Cathe's weights. It was tough but I did it! Now my new challenge is to do all those push-ups like Cathe. That's going to take some time.

Roselyn, I turn 50 next month. I've recently given up wheat and almost all flours and that has trimmed my midsection very nicely. In addition, I don't worry about fats at all (nuts, cheese, meat, avocado, dairy) but I do limit grains and starches. This is what works for me. I cannot count calories and I don't like eating a lot of low calorie foods without the fats. Sure I'd like to lose 10 pounds, but I feel like I'm at a healthy weight right now and I am slowly losing weight. I guess I would suggest to you to try to completely eliminate wheat (Wheat Belly by William Davis) and add some good fats to your diet and see if that will work for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.