Rip 60

runfree

Cathlete
Has anyone seen the infomercial for this workout? Jillian michaels and some other guy are part of it. All these workouts, what to get and what will give you best results, too many to choose from!

TRX

If you're looking for a quick fix, then go ahead and get Rip:60. If you're looking to change the way you train and feel better in your body. I would go with TRX instead. It's a significantly better made product, first of all. Second of all, you can get a really efficient total body workout in within 20-30 minutes. TRX was invented by a Navy SEAL. Rip:60 is just a rip off of that product.

If you look on TRX's website, you'll see that they have bundles of workouts that would give you everything you need.

runfree said:
Has anyone seen the infomercial for this workout? Jillian michaels and some other guy are part of it. All these workouts, what to get and what will give you best results, too many to choose from!

I have both the TRX and RIP30. TRX is better made than RIP30, but it does cost $179, just for the TRX. If you want DVDs to go with it, they are sold individually at over $30. The RIP30 comes with 11 DVDs and a nutrition guide, a bag to put the suspension trainer in and a door attachment. The cost is $119. The RIP 30 suspension moves laterally, while the TRX doesn't. I think a few of the RIP30 DVDs are more explosive than TRX ones. For the price, you get a great suspension system with the RIP30. The DVDs are pressed , not DVRs. When you think about it, just getting 11 DVDs is worth the $119 alone!!! I am not knocking the TRX, because I love that system, too. It is just more expensive. I think you can get the same results with the RIP30 as the TRX.

Cheryl

You guys are such enablers :p:p I have wanted a TRX for a while, but was put off by the cost of the unit and each individual dvd (and that says a lot since I have a pretty high threshold where exercise equipment and videos are concerned:eek::eek:). I had heard there was a competitor for TRX and now that I saw it I want it;);). AT least DH has known me long enough that he is indulgent in my obsession:eek::eek:

I have TRX and love it, but I certainly would have bought something less expensive if I had known about it... My friend has a Gofit gravity bar suspension training system that she loves...attaches to a doorframe and is about $60.00.

http://store.gofit.net/Gravity-Bar-p/gf-gbar.htm

The Rip 60 system looks pretty good, btw...

Last edited:
I have the TRX and love it. Got my nephew one and he really likes it. I think I have everything I need now. TRX, Ropes from AOS, a small squat rack and Swiss ball and a decent selection of kbs and lots of good DVDs.
I realize there is no need for a treadmill now after I did ropes and tacked on Lauren Brooks smoker and finisher, last night.
These kb are just so much fun!

get the Jungle Gym XT, its new from Lifeline and better than TRX only like 100$. Mine arrives wednesday, I was gonna buy the Trx and then found out about the new JUngle Gym XT

TRX

Idk...but just the way the TRX DVDs are presented is so professional and it makes you think that these guys know what they are talking about. Listening to Fraser Quelch explain allignment and why you are doing a certain move seems worth the expense of the DVDs.
The DVD I have from the FORCE kit has a library of the moves and so far that DVD seems to be the only one I would need anyway. It's not like you would need to get all of the DVDs.

:p

The Jungle Gym XT has a YouTube promo video that looks pretty good. Has anyone tried the product / have feedback compared to TRX??? :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.