Rib Pain

stepfit

This question is to Cathe or anyone else who can answer. When I'm doing a really tough ab session, I feel pain just under my rib cage. Is this normal, and if not, what could I possibly be doing wrong?

I get that also!

However, for me I finally went to the doctor who told me that I have one rib that I might have fractured at some point in my life which never healed properly.

I don't know if it's the same kind of discomfort I get, because my "pain" radiates through to my back. I was told to get "adjustments" done by a chiropractor but have yet to do so. I just cut down on the amount of ab work I do per week, and it seems to have helped a bit.

?????

Just bringing back to the top in the hopes that someone else will be able to give me some advice. I've never had a broken rib, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone.

My ribs often hurt during ab work

but never severely enough to stop me from doing ab work. It is an odd sort of pain. My rib cage is quite prominant and I have always thought it is due to the pulling of muscles and ligaments on my ribs during a workout. I have never conceived it as a problem-just an oddity. :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.