Rhythmic Step: someday I SHALL conquer you!

red_mct

Cathlete
The triples in combo #2 get me every, single time. It's like I am in the midst of a permanent blackout during that part of the workout.

And combo #3 still escapes me, but I did manage to do at least the first few moves....

Someday! Someday!

}( }(

Marie

PS: Every time I do this workout, I am salivating over Cathe's arms. They just look so fab!

Oh heck, I did basic step during those triples for the longest time! They just did not intuitively fit into the workout for me. I have them now, but it took a bit.

took me year to conquer this entire workout. i just couldn't let up,let it defeat me, now we can get along LOL

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

have faith! you will get there ;) I don't have this one, but I get dizzy watching it on FitTV. Dizzy, but fun! I think if you daydream for a second you'll have step imprints on your face :p Nothing says fitness like step face.

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

Ooh I get mine later this week I hope! Now I'll know that falling over is part of the workout, LOL!!

I did it once and was totally lost. For some reason, it doesn't make me want to conquer it like Imax 3 does.

Yes you will Marie! Crap, it took me 3 years. Combo 3 got me too--I got the first two down in a couple of months--#3 took me a couple of years.

As far as those triples go, I just do them without the turning. There are so many things I can't get if they have a turn or a pivot in them. There's a combo in IMAX3 with a mambo pivot & I still can't do that. If I get that stymied with a move I just modify with something that's high intensity but more basic.

Don't give up Marie, this is one of the most fun Cathe step workouts. After giving up myself, someone posted to just preview it several times. Now I don't have time to preview, but I was really stuck and everyone said it was so much fun. I did preview my problem areas several times and it finally just clicked. It is really fun once you get it down. Don't give up, you will be so proud of yourself as your tripling around the step!!!!

Diana

I love,love love this workout! It's probably my favorite Step routine of Cathe's. All you can do is keep praticing. Remember what Cathe says "If you got it the first time you'd be bored with it. I'm here to challenge you!"( from Cardio Kicks) :)
Susan

I'm glad to see this post. I still struggle with Rhythmic Step - especially combo #3. Yes, we'll get it someday. It's a lot of fun.

I really like RS too. I agree, it's a brain workout. I really like the music in it for some reason, but DH says it sounds like circus music. I don't care, it makes me feel good, especially going from the box lunges to the mambos. Don't think I'll be bored with this one for a while.

Jeanette :7

It's so funny because I can do RS, practically no problem, yet I just cannot get Step Blast. Man I hate that w/o! Tried combo one again tonight and it just frustrated the pants off me! And so many people looooveee SB. Not me! I'll take RS any day!

>have faith! you will get there ;) I don't have this one,
>but I get dizzy watching it on FitTV. Dizzy, but fun! I
>think if you daydream for a second you'll have step imprints
>on your face :p Nothing says fitness like step face.
>
>
>"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"
>
>
>Debbie

Debbie ~ Remind me not to take a sip of coffee before I read anything you write! LOL!!!! "Step imprints" :7

Marie ~ You'll get it! If I can get it, so can you....just keep chugging (or should that be stepping) along! ;-) It's so fun when you get the whole thing. I didn't like it at first because it didn't seem intense, but I can work up quite the sweat with this one and burn some calories as well!

Dallas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.