reward us too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when you pre-order, you are making an investment in the final product. You put your money at risk for something sight unseen and there are risks associated with that, so you just have to cope with the outcome.

Cathe likes people to pre-order because the additional capital helps fund her operation. Personally, I dont think it is a good idea to pre-order because I dont like anyone using my money for free. And I want to see something before I buy it. But you do get a discount and can cancel your order, so you have to weigh the pros and cons for yourself.

I do think that Cathe should conduct herself as a business woman instead of gaining forces with another poster. She is normally very tactful but perhaps was already upset over her injury news. But I have seen other tactless posts by SNM Videos that I thought were inappropriate.

Cathe is aging just like the rest of us and as it happens, certain symptoms of that aging are going to appear, like her knee. It is her body's way of saying "slow down".

So I'm on this site all the time just reading and seeing what is going on. The first and only post I have replied to was about breast augmentation. (Let's not go there) I feel compelled again to reply. I'm sure I will be reiterating everything everyone has said but I don't care I will say it all again.
Cathe is a wonderful and extremely talented person that has put her whole life into her business. She cares about all of us here and always wants to put out the best product possible.
Everyone has their hand out and has the attitude of what can everyone do for me. GIMMIE! GIMMIE! GIMMIE! It's ridiculous!!!! And the two people that are leaving the site because we don't see this as a "business", see you later. Two people is a drop in the bucket compared to the thousands of Cathe fanatics.
Don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out!!!!!!!

Jodi

Cathe we love you and you always do an AMAZING job. I don't care how long the wait is, it's worth it.

I also am a Cathe fanatic and own my own business. Karen, you do make a valid point about the accruing interest from a purely economic standpoint. I can't understand why that comment would ruffle feathers.

It ruffles feathers because it sounds so rude. Yes, she has our money but if you are that worried about it get you refund that SNM is offering you, wish Cathe well and be on your way.

Jodi

>Most important, it is important to remember that sometimes
>it's just not about the money--in life, other things comes
>first. Cathe is injured, and we should all be sympathetic to
>that, and we should be praying for her fast and full
>recovery--not just for ourselves, but most of all, for her!! >...Dukechick

I couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you.

Alli :)

Karen427...the appropriate response to your post should have been SNM/Cathe offering to refund your money.

"I do think that Cathe should conduct herself as a business woman instead of gaining forces with another poster. She is normally very tactful but perhaps was already upset over her injury news. But I have seen other tactless posts by SNM Videos that I thought were inappropriate."

Injured or not...there is no excuse for unprofessional behavior. I am disappointed in how Cathe handled this.

Oh for heaven's sake! Look, the original post was rude at best. I'm amazed at the way people expect freebies, especially in light of Cathe's most recent update. I've rarely seen a request posted in such a thoughtless, careless manner. Apparently you're not familiar with the concept of diplomacy.

>Karen427...the appropriate response to your post should have been SNM/Cathe offering to refund your money.

I believe there is a standing offer for a refund to anyone who wants it.

As for Cathe "gaining forces with another poster"...perhaps she was just expressing her gratitude to someone who stood up for her. What's wrong with that?

Michele

Nothing's wrong with that Michele. I'm always amazed at how people are quick to try and "get something out of" the misfortunes of others. It's such an ugly attitude. And I've never read an inappropriate commment from Cathe or SNM. They've always presented themselves in the most helpful and professional way possible.

Carolyn

Michele...it's the fact that Karen427 is the one who posted the question so if Cathe/SNM is going to respond to it...the response should have been to Karen427. As it stands, she was basically ignored.

Everyone must keep in mind that Cathe.com is a business. And although many here feel a personal attachment to Cathe herself, this board is here as part of a business service. This forum in particular. So, when Cathe/SNM choose to respond to certain posts on the forums, they need to do so in a businesslike manner.

Like I said before, since Cathe felt compelled to respond to the post in the first place, it should have been to merely remind Karen427 that she could have her money refunded and end it there. Cathe also could have chosen to ignore the post too, but since she didn't do that, she should have responded to Karen427 directly.

I usually don't respond to these negative types of emails, but I think today PMS has taken over.

I personally don't feel that Karen427 should of posted a reward post on the Cathe forum in the first place. We come to this forum to learn from one another not to talk about compensation. This is why companies have a customer service dept.

I find it very rude to tell someone what they SHOULD offer for compensation outside of a refund. Cathe offered to give us a little extra. She didn't have to do that. As someone mentioned earlier, when you pre-order, you pre-pay and you take that risk. No one forced any of us to do that. We did it because we like/love Cathe and wanted to get the new DVD's for the best possible price. There was never any guaranteed delivery date in the first place. So we all took A RISK, to wait for them.

Companies make money hand over foot off of us consumers everyday.(interest off of our money). Do you ask XYZ airline to compensate you for the interest that they've earned on your ticket you bought 3 months in advanced? Or when a certain Bank offers an Ipod Shuffle to you when you open an account, do you tell then...well..no...I'm not going to open an account unless I get the $300 Ipod instead. I would say that most of us probably would not. SO...why then would you feel compelled to tell Cathe what to give you. To drive the point even further, we all know Sheryl Crow just had breast cancer surgery. Now I'm not talking away or downplaying Ms. Crow's illness, but I'm trying to get a point across. Ms. Crow was scheduled to tour. Now I'm sure there were several hundred thousand people that pre-paid for her concert tickets. Should those people now be compensated by Ms. Crow because she is not able to perform? Or do you think your credit card company is going to pay back the money(interest) they made off your initial purchase? Bottom line business is business, and things happen. Ms.Crow is battling with her illness, Cathe is battling with her injury. YES..one is more extreme than the other, but in the end, they both cannot perform there "jobs" right now.

Lastly, Cathe has this forum for us to learn from one another. And she also donates her time to this site. I think some fail to realize that she takes time out of her schedule and time away from HER family to answer our questions and allow this forum to exist. And she doesn't make a dime off that.

I'm sorry for the long post, but it just bothers me that people are being so cruel to each other, over something that should of been taken up with customer service in the first place.

Have a great weekend...

Karen,

If you had read Cathe's most recent post about her setback, you would have seen that not only is devastated by the further delay, but stated that she is " working on a little thank you to show my appreciation". Why couldn't you just accept this and be grateful that Cathe is offering this (because she certainly doesn't have to be so kind... it has been said many times that anyone who pre-ordered and is dissatisfied with the wait can cancel their order at any time and get a full refund!).

Your post was out of line!

JMHO,

Becky

40something,
Last time I checked, this was Cathe's business. Maybe we should let her run it and try not to dictate how things "should" be done according to our personal opinions.

Do you REALLY think that money is sitting in an account somewhere earning interest?

Cathe was due to start filming. Therefore, many costs have already been paid, film crews booked (who probably had to be paid not matter whether they got used or not), music chosen and paid for (it doesn't come free, you know), sets and equipment arranged.

This should have been a private message in the form of a suggestion to SNM, not posted as a demand in the public forum for everyone to read.

between here and VF i am just getting annoyed reading about how cathe should and has run her business. first off she is not the only one to make that decision so for those here and over VF saying she ignored the orginial question,should remember that maybe she couldn't answer THAT particular question until all other parties have a say in that. and second of all i just can't take it anymore. i joined these boards for fitness advice,tips,and just to chat with other like minded individuals but all i keep seeing is what cathe should do,the presale is a total mess blah blah blah. you know i didn't like how long this took either so i kindly asked for a refund. NO ISSUES, just got my refund. it was nothing personal, i still love cathe, i still order other workouts. ppl come on here and gripe when there is a simple solution. CANCEL ORDER,if you don't like how this business is run then DON"T BUY. so simple is it not???we can't expect freebie whether we deserve them or not. just b/c i don't like how my local grocery store runs things doesn't me they give me a free rump roast or something. i just don't do business with them and that's it. you get more flies with honey then vinegar.

is there enough going on in the world that we have to attack each other over workouts. if you don't like a post IGNORE it and leave it at that. its just nothing but thread after thread about this that i am never sure if i am goign to find any useful info about working out and other fitness topics,just cathe,who is human and happened to get hurt. imagine that!!!

thank you for your time,

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Karen427,

Is a male, and I believe wants to "ruffle are feathers". He's probably sitting around watching this thread grow, and perhaps betting someone else how many posts he can make out of this one thread.

He is hiding behind a womans name, so to me that says he is untruthful.

If you even think that this can be true, please lets stop it now. He already got his jollies anyway.

Perhaps it is just my way of looking at it, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Thank you for your thoughts!

Hi All,

Thank you for sharing your varied thoughts and opinions. I have read them all and appreciate your honest feedback. I have chosen to lock this thread since I sense a flame war coming on. I think we all agree that there is nothing productive to be gained from that.

Warmly,
Cathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.