Revisiting Music Louder Option :-)

i use the music louder option, but i think you efforts for sound improvement sound reasonable, and i, for one, am certainly open to this. obviously none of us will be able to tell which method is more effective, until we have these DVD's in our hot little hands!}(

I don't use the music louder option. I still need the vocal cues, especially for cardio workouts. What you're planning for the new series (does it have a name?) sounds perfect, though!

Music and Microphone Issues

Chris:

In my opinion, the Intensity Series has the perfect balance of voice and music. I agree with Juliekins about needing to hear the verbal cues. I have the Body Blast Series on VHS, and the music is very loud. It is very difficult to hear Cathe’s cuing in some of the workouts. When I tried the DVD version of Step Blast for the first time in the normal mode, I was amazed at how much easier it was to learn and follow the choreography. The main benefit of the options is the ability to be free from the distraction of the louder music while learning new choreography. If you could return to the balance in the Intensity Series, that would be ideal. If not, I like having the normal option and louder option.

I also agree with Jenni about the need to test the new microphone. Like Jenni, I have had fitness videos with the instructor wearing that type of microphone. It does tend to pick up breathing. I am not sure if the music will be loud enough to cover that, but it would be a good idea to give it a test run before filming.

The overall production quality of the Intensity Series is outstanding. Whatever you did back then was good! :) I trust Cathe to produce high-quality workouts and look forward to receiving these whatever you decide! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

I've been doing a CTX rotation, and Cathe uses a microphone in that which sounds similar to the one that is going to be used. I think the balance of voice and music is perfect in that series. But, again, the music is all instrumental, so there is no conflict betwen Cathe's voice and a singer (another reason I personally prefer instrumental to vocal music).

I guess I'm one of the few that gets really into the music after I know the workout. The music in many of my dvds is so quiet that I have tried to put other music in the background. This isn't ideal and I would love the louder music option.
Just my 2 cents
Thanks
~Angel

I like the "music only" option in DVD workouts that I have(not Cathe's). Is this different than "music louder" option?
Colleen

My vote: I like the Music Louder feature.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

"I’m still curious to know if you would still like the music louder feature, or if you really are just looking for that sound to be as perfect as possible."

My $.02 to this question is: Both!

I really like the "louder" option on cardios, such as SB and KPC. I always use it (once I learn the workout). I kinda miss the option on the Intensity series, but the sound is good and I enjoy them as is.

I have a problem with the sound on Low Max, HSC and Kick Max; while I can hear everything fine, the sound has a sharp, artificial quality to my ears that is really bothersome. It is for this reason that I haven't purchased the Gym Styles yet, even though they have rave reviews. I rarely reach for any of the HC series unless I have to in order to complete a rotation, but I like the workouts in and of themselves. Just can't bear the sound.

Thanks for asking our opinions!

Julie

I do use the louder music option in the Body Blast Workouts, but as long as the music and Cathe's voice are working together perfectly, I do not need the louder music option. The Hardcore Series definitely needed louder music, but the Intensity Series sounds great as do all the others.

Beach body's Turbo Jam DVD's have a music louder option and the sound does not seem to be distorted.

I used the music louder option once and found I couldn't quite make out what CAthe was saying all the time. I would just prefer better sound quality than a music louder option.
Deanie:)

For me, if the sound is at a level and clarity like in The Intensity Series or CTX, then I have no need for a music louder option. I would definitely have made use of a music louder option in the Hardcores, however, where the sound was a bit too low and muffled for my liking.

Shelbygirl

I love the louder music option!

Once I get to know the workout, I rock with the music and I hear just enough verbal cues from cathe to have an excellent workout.

~Theresa

I also love the music louder version and I prefer vocal music vs. instrumental. Once I learn the routine, I sing along to the song while stepping. When a fun song starts playing it motivates me to go on. Either way, SNM - you guys seem to know what you are doing.

Thanks a lot for the info. :)

Kathy

Once I learn the routines, I like the music louder option and I use them on BodyBlast every time.
Amy

I love the sound on the Intensity Series, too. Imax 2 is magnificent, and if it had a music louder option I know I'd crank it up -- especially for interval 9 (Pina Colada song).

But, truly, I'm good as long as the music is as good as it is in the Intensity Series (both volume/quality). Brilliant series. :)

Thanks for listening to us and for all the thought your put into your (our) DVDs. :7

Marla

I'm another who loves the music louder option. It's why I workout with a subwoofer. The music can never be too loud for me.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/flower02/lb/0/31/26/.png[/img][/url]

Thanks for the response! Your solutions 'sound' perfect!! I'm looking forward to the new workouts, and it's great that you're obviously trying to improve upon your product all the time.

Thanks, Cathe & SNM!

I envy those who can crank the music when they workout. Since the majority of my workouts occur at 5:30 a.m. when 3/4 of the household is sleeping, I have to keep the volume lower.

That being said, I don't use the music louder option even during the rare opportunities when I can. I still need to hear the cues so I'll turn up the overall volume instead. Works for me. :)

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.