Reviews for Body Parts in STS2.0?

I did the Body Parts as soon as I received the workouts, just once each including bonuses, to get a taste before I went on vacation. So I can’t speak to results, but I was impressed with the workouts. I loved the flow. Each workout felt new, and the variations were interesting, and my mind never wandered. The body parts were the biggest attraction when I ordered the series, and they did not disappoint. I start them in this rotation the week after next.

I'm looking forward to when I begin that phase of the program. I just wrapped up my final week of the total body phase, I was delayed a week while rehabbing the calf injury with P.volve, I closed out today with Cardio Slam, which is one of my all time favorite cardio workouts and then starting Monday I'll begin the Upper/Lower Body phase. I've already decided that when the time comes for me to start the Body Parts phase, I want to do the Mish Mosh premixes so I can do two body parts per day and then have the other 3 days for cardio and recovery/yoga workouts. I still haven't even done any of the core or recovery workouts as I did Yoga Relax for my recovery day Thursday. I'm extremely thankful that whatever the calf injury was, it was so minor that P.volve and foam rolling got me back in the game and I only missed a week of action.

I'm looking forward to when I begin that phase of the program. I just wrapped up my final week of the total body phase, I was delayed a week while rehabbing the calf injury with P.volve, I closed out today with Cardio Slam, which is one of my all time favorite cardio workouts and then starting Monday I'll begin the Upper/Lower Body phase. I've already decided that when the time comes for me to start the Body Parts phase, I want to do the Mish Mosh premixes so I can do two body parts per day and then have the other 3 days for cardio and recovery/yoga workouts. I still haven't even done any of the core or recovery workouts as I did Yoga Relax for my recovery day Thursday. I'm extremely thankful that whatever the calf injury was, it was so minor that P.volve and foam rolling got me back in the game and I only missed a week of action.
Is Pvolve a streaming service or a DVD?What type of workout is it?Thanks

shoulders are my favorite body part to work
For me it's a toss-up between Back and Biceps for my favorite. I have done some of the body parts workouts, but I am using the workout blender and making my own two-part mixes using the premixes as a guide. My blended workouts are around 45-50 minutes and cut out some of the exercises and add in one or two of the bonus exercises. I've done Chest/Triceps, and Legs/Shoulders, and today I am doing Back/Biceps. This is my first run through so I may switch these around or create additional blended workouts that incorporate the exercises I haven't used yet.

Is Pvolve a streaming service or a DVD?What type of workout is it?Thanks
Pvolve is a fitness program that is rooted in physical therapy. It uses gliding discs, ankle weights and ankle bands, a pball that you wear to work your inner thighs and light hand weights. They had a few dvds that aren’t available anymore and it’s all streaming now. Stephen Pasterino, the creator worked with Victoria’s Secret models. It’s different because it’s not typical cardio and strength but I’ve used it rehab through a knee injury last summer and a mild calf injury recently. It’s more about functional movement. I’m under a free trial so I don’t know the cost. I’m not sure if I’d pay for it since Cathe dvds are my main workout but I love my 21 Day Butt Lift dvd!

Pvolve is a fitness program that is rooted in physical therapy. It uses gliding discs, ankle weights and ankle bands, a pball that you wear to work your inner thighs and light hand weights. They had a few dvds that aren’t available anymore and it’s all streaming now. Stephen Pasterino, the creator worked with Victoria’s Secret models. It’s different because it’s not typical cardio and strength but I’ve used it rehab through a knee injury last summer and a mild calf injury recently. It’s more about functional movement. I’m under a free trial so I don’t know the cost. I’m not sure if I’d pay for it since Cathe dvds are my main workout but I love my 21 Day Butt Lift dvd!
Thanks for this!!!

I was going to do the premixes to combine body parts, however, after reading people's enthusiasm for these workouts here & on videofitness.com I did the entire Shoulders workout today with the bonuses. I really liked the variety of moves. I may switch things around a little next time - I like that there are additional options for some moves. Some moves reminded me of the rear delt bonuses in Xtrain which I did almost every week for the 12-week undulating rotation and felt they really helped develop my shoulders making them more square & less rounded. So I think I'm going to like this workout too for the results. :)

I went through and previewed all of the BP workouts this weekend to do some preliminary weight selections so I can really just jump in. I got kind of scared when I got to the biceps one. lol. I don't know why but my biceps tire out pretty quick.

I've also been having some weird "catching" on my right elbow when going really heavy - when I'm lowering the weight it feels like my muscles or tendons lock up at my elbow and make it difficult or even painful to extend my arm. Sometimes I'm fine and it doesn't happen, but when it does it's really irritating and I have to stop early. I suppose if it continues I'll discuss it with my chiropractor, and if he can't help, then I might check with physical therapy to see what's going on.

I'm honestly amazed at Cathe's weight selections in that workout. Hopefully doing this one enough times will get my biceps up to par!

I've also been having some weird "catching" on my right elbow when going really heavy - when I'm lowering the weight it feels like my muscles or tendons lock up at my elbow and make it difficult or even painful to extend my arm. ...
Kelly, maybe someone else more versed in biomechanics can jump in. What I found to help was to focus on keeping my elbows tucked into my sides so they don't sway out. Also wearing lifting gloves that have the wrist wrap helped me to focus on keeping on wrists straight. Third, try a lift with the weight you plan to use with your back against a wall so you'll notice if you're using momentum to get the weight up. If you can't lift it without moving your back away from the wall, the weight is too heavy ... lighten up & build up.

I've also been having some weird "catching" on my right elbow when going really heavy - when I'm lowering the weight it feels like my muscles or tendons lock up at my elbow and make it difficult or even painful to extend my arm.
Alignment issues often show up when using heavier weights. Are you getting this catching on sweeper or hammer curls, or just straight arm curls? What about preacher curls or incline straight bicep curls? Is it worse when you use a straight barbell? I find I can't go too heavy using a straight barbell as it bothers my wrists and elbows. At the bottom of the movement when my arms are straight, I find my forearms are over-rotated and it is hard to curl a heavy weight from that position. For preacher and incline straight curls I have the same issue. I find incline hammer curls or sweeper curls much easier. I have to use an EZ Curl barbell or dumbbells at a slight angle that allow a more natural alignment between my hand, wrist, and elbow. I can go heavier on dumbbell sweeper curls, which start in a hammer curl position, than I can on straight dumbbell bicep curls. I also use gloves with a wrist wrap to help keep my wrist in good alignment.

Today was Leg Day with the Parts workout. I added in the bonuses. I also upped my weights from last week's LB#2. Good solid weight workout in the beginning and then some interesting add-on excercises. I'm about to break out my 20# weight vest from the original STS to increase my weights for squats. I can go pretty heavy with the BB for deadlifts but watching Jenn lift her 55#(?) BB over her head for squats made me shake mine - I don't trust my shoulder for that kind of weight. Maybe Santa will bring us some 35# Db.... will have to keep an eye out for Black Friday sales ....

I'm going to have to get the duct tape out ... my vest leaks ... :)

I honestly think Cathe and her cast are machines-I own a Barbell but I laugh when they say how heavy theirs are/I have a few plates for mine and it’s so big to drag out-my workout space is my family room and by the time I drag out all the ecquipment ,there’s no room for me!I do want a set of 20 pound dumbells-I tell my family to look at garage sales-my husband once found me a free leg magic machine from a neighbors yard sale and I love it!!

Thanks for the suggestions re: bicep issues. I'll give them a try.

This set is really making me appreciate my Select-Tech weights. I have the set that goes from 5 to 52.5 so I'm all good with most of my weight choices. You should check Criagslist or Ebay to ever see if a set is for sale.

Believe it or not, this is my second set of Select-Techs. I lived in Hawaii for 11 years and that's where I got my first set. When I had to move back to the mainland a few years ago, I had to sell those Select-Techs since there was no way I was going to pay the price of shipping them from the islands. I put them on sale for a pretty good price and they got swooped up immediately. So, maybe someone in your area needs to get rid of a set... you never know!

(I got lucky with my second set - they were a Christmas gift. CRAZY generous gift!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.