Reebok EasyTone, TrainTone etc and other ways to bump intensity

CathydsRNA

Cathlete
Just wondering if anyone has tried these. I was especially interested in the TrainTone shoes. Does your cardio workout or leg training feel more intense, less intense or the same with these. Has anyone seen enhanced results by adding these shoes to your workouts. I know they work your stabilizer muscles but I worried that this may be at the expense of not being able to go full out in my cardio or losing my form with weight training. The shoes are on the expensive side and so I thought I would get reviews here from anyone who has tried these.

Also any other creative ideas on how to add intensity to workouts would be appreciated ( with the exception of adding time ) as I am time constrained and get maximally about 4 -5 hours/ week to train due to my work and travel schedule. I have personally found weighted gloves, more risers for step (up to a point) to be an ideal way to bump up by cardio intensity. Also mixing up cardio segments from different workouts in ways I have never combined them also seem to help any other ideas greatly appreciated.

Cathy

I love them. I bought them because I liked the look of them and I stand on my feet all day at work. I can say that I find them very comfortable to stand in and walk in all day. I did wear them today for Zumba and they were again comfy. I didn't have to turn the intensity down, nor did I feel off balance. I did feel some calf burn. I haven't used them for other workouts. If they are working key leg muscles I couldn't say. If they are awesome. But they are cute and comfy.

I think you wouldn't have any trouble wearing them for weight training.

Jenn

for intensity,
first music is important obviously.
i like to mix running, jump rope, or jacks in intervals with a st. training exercise. do that to 90's dance music. u tube has several, then i don't have to think about changing the song.
boxing, jumping drills very intense
hiit and plyo of course.
walking/running up hill. walking backwards.
w/o in the chilly outdoors.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.