recomendations for baby swing (girl)

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello,

To all you wonderful mothers out there. I'm looking into purchasing a baby swing for my daughter who was born almost two weeks ago. Is thre any swing that you would recomend to me that you just love and that your baby loves...do I do regular swing, cradle, portable? Thank you!

i dont have a specific rec., but just wanted to give maybe a dif. pespective...
it really depends on the child, with my younger kids they had little interest in playing in anything confining-walkers,play pen,swing etc. they just would climb out or want to get out and play with/follow older siblings. i'm not against it. we had swings etc too, but especially since theres such a limited time to use most of them i really support buying used in good condition. and just try not to worry about getting the coolest and so on. also, if you decide not to get something for the baby to play in, thats fine too. thats what they do in daycare giving as much 'tummy time' as possible so they can practice crawling,standing so on and learning from her big brothers.would need a gate or obstacle to block some areas.
on the other side of the issue,some infants really love bouncing,swinging. doing anything to make legs stronger is always good. its just something to think about. and she's so lucky to have her brothers to help and teach her. congradulations, and try to enjoy those growing up moments. anytime you have a question, lots of moms on here to support you or give tips. i know sometimes being a mom is really frustrating, so if you needed to vent you could do that too. good luck in finding the right equip. and getting some sleep.

I bought a pink swing for my baby girl and regretted it. Actually I bought all pink stuff and wish I would have bought more colorful things with something neat instead of pink bears hanging down to stimulate her.

Thats my advice :)

i dont have a specific rec., but just wanted to give maybe a dif. pespective...
it really depends on the child, with my younger kids they had little interest in playing in anything confining-walkers,play pen,swing etc. they just would climb out or want to get out and play with/follow older siblings. i'm not against it. we had swings etc too, but especially since theres such a limited time to use most of them i really support buying used in good condition. and just try not to worry about getting the coolest and so on. also, if you decide not to get something for the baby to play in, thats fine too. thats what they do in daycare giving as much 'tummy time' as possible so they can practice crawling,standing so on and learning from her big brothers.would need a gate or obstacle to block some areas.
on the other side of the issue,some infants really love bouncing,swinging. doing anything to make legs stronger is always good. its just something to think about. and she's so lucky to have her brothers to help and teach her. congradulations, and try to enjoy those growing up moments. anytime you have a question, lots of moms on here to support you or give tips. i know sometimes being a mom is really frustrating, so if you needed to vent you could do that too. good luck in finding the right equip. and getting some sleep.

Thanks for you input...I really apreciated! I'm with you though, I basically just use the swing to have the baby by me when I'm working out early in the morning 3:30 -4am or for when I'm in the shower, other than that I would rather hold my baby or let her practice her motor skills. She's only 14 days old at the time. Thank U again!

I bought a pink swing for my baby girl and regretted it. Actually I bought all pink stuff and wish I would have bought more colorful things with something neat instead of pink bears hanging down to stimulate her.

Thats my advice :)

I'm going crazy over pink! I have 5 boy's, this is my first girl...so everything I'm buying is PINK! Thank you!

Ha ha. Can relate with the pink thing.....after having just three boys....then the twin GIRLS....EVERYTHING is pink & purple. lol

None of my babies really liked swings. I borrowed for a short period of time from friends....they were out of them within 3 mos.

Congrats on your baby girl!!! Would love to see pics, r u on facebook?

my husband found a great swing for our little girl. it's made my fischer price and i think it's called "my little lamb". it swings front to back or you can turn it and have it swing side to side which is what morgan likes. it also has a mobile attached to it and plays different sounds. she sleeps well in it every afternoon. it's not pink though.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.