Really scared (long)

fitat49

Cathlete
Hey Ladies, I just need to vent about something I'm going through. I will give a little background. Over the past few years I have experienced lots of bloating and gas and just starting taking whatever I could to help the problem. I've had very bad back pain usually worse doing periods and have felt fatigue for as long as I can remember. I've complained to Dr's about this but got no where. This past Tuesday I decided the pain in my back and tiredness was affecting my day to day life to much and went to another Dr. Just thinking only that my back hurts and I'm tired please make it better. Well, the Dr. was feeling my stomach and he pressed around my right ovary and I jumped and he said he felt something concerning. He scheduled a appointment for a cat scan on Wed.. He called me today and said they found a large mass on my left ovary and something else on my right ovary. I pretty much lost what he said because I was so upset upon hearing this. He made a appointment with a OBGYN tomorrow for a ultra sound. I am trying to be positive but I'm scared to death. I will pray that I'm OK and will be here for my two sons. Thanks for listening to me. Lori

Good luck tomorrow. I have no words of wisdom. I know it's really scary, but try to be strong. Is there someone who can go with you tomorrow? It helps to have another set of ears so you don't miss anything.

Annie

Lori,

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I will definitely pray for you and your family. I'll pray that whatever it is can be healed and that you can be at peace as much as possible.

I know whenever I'm scared, it helps me to read my Bible. I don't know where you are on that, but I just thought I'd share what helps me.

Let us know what you find out...

Alison

Prayers and (((HUGS)))) to you, Lori! Please let us know what the Gyno says tomorrow after your ultrasound and the results of your CT Scan next week. My thoughts are with you.

(((((((HUGS)))))

Lori-this is certainly scary and hopefully everything will turn out just fine. I would like to second Annie's suggestion of having someone accompany you...not only to help you pass the time and help keep you calm...but also to be there to listen and keep you focused. Don't be afraid to write down a list of questions/concerns to go over and make sure your companion has the same list...it can truly be a huge help in so many ways.
Please keep us posted...prayers headed your way!
julie

Lori, I am so sorry! :( My thoughts and prayers are with you. Not knowing is sometimes the worst. Whatever happens, surround yourself with very positive and uplifting people and things. You might not know it now, but you are stronger than you think. (((hugs)))

Thank You everyone. I am going to have my mom come with me for moral support and to ask any questions that I may not remember to ask. I am trying to stay positive but I can't help but worry because of all my symptoms and the ct scan results. Thank You for all your prayers. Lori

Lori,

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I will definitely pray for you and your family. I'll pray that whatever it is can be healed and that you can be at peace as much as possible.

I know whenever I'm scared, it helps me to read my Bible. I don't know where you are on that, but I just thought I'd share what helps me.

Let us know what you find out...

Alison

Cant live without my bible. Reading it makes me feel peaceful. One of the verses says that God gives us peace that surpasses understanding...I pray that for you! In this difficult situation.

Hey Ladies, I just need to vent about something I'm going through. I will give a little background. Over the past few years I have experienced lots of bloating and gas and just starting taking whatever I could to help the problem. I've had very bad back pain usually worse doing periods and have felt fatigue for as long as I can remember. I've complained to Dr's about this but got no where. This past Tuesday I decided the pain in my back and tiredness was affecting my day to day life to much and went to another Dr. Just thinking only that my back hurts and I'm tired please make it better. Well, the Dr. was feeling my stomach and he pressed around my right ovary and I jumped and he said he felt something concerning. He scheduled a appointment for a cat scan on Wed.. He called me today and said they found a large mass on my left ovary and something else on my right ovary. I pretty much lost what he said because I was so upset upon hearing this. He made a appointment with a OBGYN tomorrow for a ultra sound. I am trying to be positive but I'm scared to death. I will pray that I'm OK and will be here for my two sons. Thanks for listening to me. Lori

((((HUGS))))) My thoughts are with you hon. I had a cyst as well. Around the time I found out, I was taking Metformin for Type II diabetes. When I went back to my OBGYN for a check up a few months ago, he said there was no cyst. He explained that Metformin can help in dissolving cysts. Now this may not happen all the time but it's worth checking into.

Please let us know how the UltraSound checks out

Of course you will be here for your two kids!!! But I know how scary this is. Waiting for the results is the worst.

Masses found on your ovaries don't necessarily mean cancer. In fact, in most cases it turns out to be a cyst, particularly if it is large. But even if it turned out to be cancer it doesn't mean you can't live a long and happy life. Cancer is survivable and treatable.

Sending you much comfort and happy-outcome-vibes. Please keep us posted!

Oh Lori hun...I am horrible at trying to find the right words to say here, but my good thoughts and hopes are with you. keep your head up and keep us posted. Hang in there hun and good luck.;):)

Lori I am so sorry you are going thru this scary time and am sending prayers and positive thoughts for you to get thru this safely. I am glad your mom is going with you for support and to hear all the info you might miss. Once again prayers for good health and peace of mind.

(((Hugs))) and prayers sweetie.

I have to agree with Carola about the cyst. My 17 yr old niece just went through this a few months ago. She had a cyst on her ovary the size of a grapefruit. She complained of painful periods and lower back pain. It was not cancerous.

Keep us posted!!

Everyones positive remarks help a lot, Thank you! My appointment is at noon today I will keep you all posted. Lori

First of all, my prayers are with you. I know how scary this can be. For some reason our minds concentrate on the worse case scenario. Having your mom there is a good idea.

The same thing happened to me some years back. I was so frustrated because I was told it was IBS, then I was told it was basically in my head, and I was prescribed mental medication. I was so mad because I feel we know our bodies and I was not buying the crap these doctors were saying.

To make a long story short, one doctor finally listened, and did a ultrasound and it turned out to be reoccuring cysts on my ovaries for which I have pain in my lower ab a few weeks or so prior to my period. The doctor recommended a pain killer, to lessen the pain that time of the month.

Please let us know the outcome of the tests.

I'm sorry to hear you had to put up with this for so long before the doctor even noticed. :(

I also had a cyst on my ovaries back when I was a teenager. I was lucky and had a really good GP who diagnosed it quickly (he was older and that was the standard when he became a doctor). He put me on the pill for a few months and that dissolved it.

I am sending you best wishes and I hope that the solution to whatever they find will be as simple as it was for me.

Kali, It's interesting that both a drug for diabetes and BC could dissolve a cyst. Perhaps the drug you were taking has an effect on hormones??

Last edited:
{{{{hugs}}}}}
As others have said, it could be a very benign situation. I know it's hard, but try not to worry about it if you can distract yourself (worrying about something that hasn't happened yet makes you suffer the worry twice).

And definitely DON'T go online looking up symptoms. That often seems to bring up the 'worst case scenario' that can make you worry even more.

I am going to have my mom come with me for moral support and to ask any questions that I may not remember to ask.

A very good idea. Have her take notes as well (it's difficult to think straight when we're worried--and often just anytime we're in front of the folks in white coats--so having a 'secretary' to keep track of what is said is important.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.