question on slow and heavy

s2546

love, love, love slow and heavy series! love that intense focus on muscles. keep these series coming! is it necessary to keep feet on the bench during exercises to get the proper benefit? thanks again for superior work. sue

Hi Sue,
I'm not Cathe nor have I played her on TV, but I have her slow & heavy series as well as many others. I think the whole point of putting your feet up on the step is to help to keep your back from arching. If you're like me unless I position myself just right I have trouble finding room to put my feet up on the step. Just make sure you concentrate on keeping your back flat, like when doing abs.
Kay

Sue,
Another "not Cathe" here...
Another option for foot placement is to put a step riser at the foot of the step, and place your feet on both edges of it (if this position is stable for you). You could also make sure your step is low enough so that your back won't arch when your feet are on the floor.

I had same questions...

When they first showed the pictures I posted and SNM posted back that it was not necessary to have your feet on the bench. I am 5'8" and there is no way they are getting on there. I just always focus on keeping the small of my back flat against the step. Hope this helps.

Joanna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.