Question about the Cardio fushion DVD :-)

liveatyourbest

Hi,
I just purchased the Cardio fushion DVD and really enjoy it !

But, the Step combos have NO breakdowns at all ! Is this correct ? I would really like it if the Step Combos had breakdowns. Is it there, and maybe I'm NOT finding it ? Thanks for your help ! :)

Interesting timing--I just did this workout this morning for the first time in a long time.

Sorry, there are no step combo breakdowns, as the segments are taken from other DVDs. The first step combo, for example, is taken from the Body Max 2 DVD. The actual BM2 does break down the combos.

I happen to really enjoy cardio fusion, as my one hang up with BM2 is that I get impatient with the combo breakdowns. x(

lisa

>I happen to really enjoy cardio fusion, as my one hang up with
>BM2 is that I get impatient with the combo breakdowns. x(

That is my problem too! I have done BM2 SOOOOOO many times that the breakdowns bore me to tears now. Cardio Fusion is perfect for days when I just want to get down to the nitty gritty!

Make sure you read up on a dvd before you buy it---Cardio Fusion is a COMPILATION dvd---it does NOT have combo breakdowns.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I also just did this dvd yesterday - we must all be in a Cardio Fusion mood! Even thought I've done it several times previously and have done BM2 itself several times, I was frustrated by the lack of cuing in Cardio Fusion, it seems like many moves were cued just as Cathe went into the move, or weren't cued at all. This would be a good reason for Cathe to improve her cuing in future cardio dvds and always cue in advance of the moves. If there are going to be more dvds that are compendiums of other workouts, and you're doing a "finished combo" without the benefit of breakdowns in the compendium dvds, cuing in advance is crucial.

I'm TIA. I feel that BM2 is just punishing! I can hardly get through before I decide that it's just not worth it. I've only done this one in it's entirety a few times and probably won't ever again. It's definitely challenging and is a solid workout, but it grinds me to the ground.

The reason why there is no cueing is because these are compilation DVDs. The original workouts are broken down extensively. Can you imagine what this workout would be like if Cathe broke down these combinations? That would be totally punishing not to mention the length of the workout. The reason why this workout works is because there is no breakdown. I am also one who has done BM2 a handful of times and I have a hard time doing it because of the breakdowns which I think are so repetitive.
If you review the workouts from this compilation dvd maybe it would help you create a smoother workout.
nkuangel

>I also just did this dvd yesterday - we must all be in a
>Cardio Fusion mood! Even thought I've done it several times
>previously and have done BM2 itself several times, I was
>frustrated by the lack of cuing in Cardio Fusion, it seems
>like many moves were cued just as Cathe went into the move, or
>weren't cued at all. This would be a good reason for Cathe to
>improve her cuing in future cardio dvds and always cue in
>advance of the moves. If there are going to be more dvds that
>are compendiums of other workouts, and you're doing a
>"finished combo" without the benefit of breakdowns in the
>compendium dvds, cuing in advance is crucial.

Like it was mentioned before, CF is a compilation dvd. If you've done Body Max 2 prior to CF, you'll know the combos. Cathe's cueing is right on. What you see in CF is the "bonus cardio" segment from BM2 which includes all three combos that were broken down extensively in Body Max 2.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Do you mean that BM2 is a bit confusing and that is what keeps you from doing it again or is it the fact that it is so huff and puff hard? I am thinking of gettting BM2 before getting CF.

The BM2 workout is extensively broken down too the point that when I do it now I don't need to look at the screen at all and I have it pretty much memorized. The CF workout has no breakdowns of any of the combinations. I think the poster meant that because the BM2 combinations were just called out in CF they found them difficult and confusing. If you have BM2 then you know that there is no reason for Cathe to breakdown the BM2 combinations.
I don't do either workout very often simply because of the fact they are both so grueling and I would rather do another one of Cathe's workouts that doesn't have such a huge dread factor and doesn't last 90 minutes.
good luck
nkuangel

AHHH, I understand now. I feel I needed to up my time on the workouts even if I don't to all 90 min. and do a premix or something. I have just been doing 30 min. workouts and feel I need a tad more, maybe I'm crazy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.