Question about staying in shape during your recovery

spearrmint

Hi Cathe,

I hope you are continuing your recovery, I really feel for you being out of your normal routine for so long. I wonder if you had any trouble with weight gain or loss of muscle while you weren't able to work out as hard. Did you have to adjust your diet at all to keep from gaining weight or did you replace the impact work with equally fat burning exercises/activities?

Thanks for your never-ending motivation!

Joni

Hi Joni! I still lifted weights for upper body and did core work too. I lost considerable leg muscle which I am now SLOWLY building back up. I ate very clean and I think thats what saved me from gaining more than 5 pounds. I was also able to do low impact activities for the last month so that helped lose some. Now with me becoming even MORE mobile, I am anticipating losing the rest :)

RE: Question about staying in shape during your recover...

Thanks for that honest reply, Cathe. It's very encouraging to know that even someone like you has to work a bit harder during those recovery downtimes. It really helps all of us out there struggling to know we're not alone and there's really no magic cure or replacement for hard work and careful eating.

We really appreciate you and your willingness to put yourself out there and help us achieve our goals. Just watching your physique change so much over the years is enough to make us all jump higher, lift heavier & work smarter.

Love ya!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.