Queensland Floods

fitchick14

Approximately 75% of the State of Queensland has now been declared a Disaster Area. To put this in perspective; Queensland is Australia's second largest state measuring more than 1.72 million square kilometers; 25% of Australia's land mass; it is four times the size of Japan, nearly six times the size of the UK and more than twice the size of Texas in the US..... this is NOT a small flood !!!!!!!!!!

Currently the death toll of this devasting flood is 13 with over 60 people still unaccounted for. Most of these people are from the Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley Region which is where the 'inland tsunami' hit.

Not only is it the loss of lives but also the loss of property, livestock and crops that will take it's toll on the people of Queensland. I'm lucky as I'm in the 25% that has not been flooded but as roads are cut both to the North and South of where I live in Central Queensland, we are struggling to get food and fuel. I'm not complaining though, as a lot of people have lost everything.

If you wish to donate to help the victims of the floods please visit www.qld.gov.au/floods

Thanks for your help

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.