Pyramids - can I use this system solely?

mommy2

Hi,

I only have the Pyramids UB/LB as my strength training video. Can I use this solely for toning up? I plan on doing it 4 days a week (2 days lower 2 days upper) and step aerobics 3 times a week.

Also, what would be a good supplement to the pyramid system? My main goal is to tone up, not necessarily lose weight.

Thanks in advance!

You can't go wrong with the pyramids!

And the Gym Styles will really tone you.

Finally, Butts and Guts is a fantiastic lower body/core workout!

I should think this will do you just fine for a couple of months then one of two things, or both, will occur:

1) you will be bored stupid and need a change of routines

2) you will need a bigger challenge and progress to the Gym Styles or Slow & Heavy, for example, to continue lifting heavier weights and increasing strength.

The problem with the Pyramids is that they are pretty fast paced, heavily endurance-based, and they do not allow the time and rest periods required to truly develop muscle strength. So, you will progress until you reach a point beyond which there is no more progress. Once you reach this plateau, you need a different approach to get past this plateau and help you to lift more. Here's where GS or S&H come in. Then, you could go back to the Pyramids and would probably find you can lift more at those same old exercises than you used to.

Clare

I never use these any more. Moving those plates on & off and on & off just is a drag. Especially when there are so many other more fun and varied Cathe choices to get the job done.

I have owned the Pyramids since it was released, but I only use the "Bonus" portion these days (total body workout), which is fabulous. The Bonus is just about an hour in length and I can deal with the weight changes. I agree with Meredith, switching plates on and off the barbell gets to be very tedious. The fast pace of the Pyramid upper body workout, done as produced, has led to elbow tendonitis issues for me, so it's only Bonus for me.

I agree with Meredith. I don't use the Pyramid Lower Body because of all the plate changes. I can't change my weights as fast as Cathe and it frustrates me to pause it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.