Push-up Question.......

smiley2

Cathlete
Is it ok to do pushups everyday-i know like for weightlifting its best to have give your muscles a break-but is it different for pushups? thanks!

I've read various sources - some say it's OK and some say don't. They make you do them every day in the military, and it seems to work there, so therefore go for it! It's also individual - if you get into the hundreds, like I do, you may want to put a day in between.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Thanks Honeybunch-i was hoping you would answer! i saw one of your other post on pushups,and got real motivated to add more to my workouts.I am currently doing 100 per day.thanks for replying.

If you do decide to do them that often, then watch out for doing too much chest work vs. back work (forward sloping shoulders and/or a tight chest and weak back can come from that imbalance).

soooo... mabe do some extra back or just less weightlifting for chest? do you think that with doing 100 a day i should be able to really see some results?i hope so!!;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.