Pull-ups and chin-ups at home

H

HONEYBUNCH

I just got a couple of "Navy Seal" workout tapes, and the guy does pull-ups and chin-ups on a special, I guess you could say, "pull -up station." I have a small house, and don't need anymore equipment clogging up my limited living space.
sad.gif

This question is for Cathe or anyone else who has some "at home" options to suggest. Is there a pull-up/chin-up bar you can get that attaches to a door frame? Or is there an optional set-up that can be created by using living room furniture? I want to try these exercises, but don't want to buy any more "stuff!" EXCEPT more tapes!!!!!!
wink.gif

Thanks, y'all!
happy.gif

Also interested in this

I saw a door fram pull up bar last week and asked my husband if he thought it would work. It basically looks like a shower rod type set up. So also let us know how well this equipment works.
Andrea

Where did you see this?

I don't know where to buy one!!! Can someone let me know??????!!!!
happy.gif

pull up bar

You could also try putting up a bar in your basement between the rafters(like my hubby did for me). I think this would give your head better clearance than a door frame set up. Also, at our old house(while playing outside with the dogs)I used the metal bar that ran across the top of the door way to the dog pen. There was no roof over that section and I could pull myself straight up without hitting my head anywhere. Just some ideas.

Pull up bar

The bar that goes in the door is called a . You can get them at any sporting goods store. There is a drawback in that they limit you to the width of a doorway.

Just got one

My husband just got one from a catalogue. It really works - goes in the doorway and really is strong - he weights about 160 lbs and it holds him with no problem. I tried and couldn't even do one chin up. But I tried doing ab twists and that was great. If you want the catalogue name and number, send me an e-mail ([email protected]) since I am at work now. It cost under $40.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.