PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: AUGUST "GO FOR THE GOLD"

Great title, Stacy, have a good weekend.
I did Low Max from ding to dong. I like that one, I hadn't done it in a long time but the whole workout is like an hour.
Not sure what the weekend will hold.

No workout today, heading out of town tomorrow, planning on a workout before I leave, and then working out with my brother on Sunday. Have a good weekend!

I did a run today, about 5 k, it was a hot one. I was thinking about hitting upper body but not gonna happen. Dinner out, I checked out menu online, there are some healthy options for me that will be yummy and not be a pile of iceberg lettuce, hopefully I will make some good choices.

Back from my parents, eating wasnt perfect but I skpped bday cake and didnt sit around snacking all day so that was good. My workout with my brother was awesome! It'll be good having workout equipment I can use free of charge when I'm out of town now!

welcome back, glad you had a fun workout with bro! I did a long bike ride today and a jog yesterday. I never got to any upper body but I have original BM out, thinking I might to the upper and abs from that. Ah heck, maybe the whole thing, we'll see.

Feeling some good thigh and trap DOMS today. He had me do various squats, traps are sore from med ball slammers. You hold a weighted med behind your head and bring it forward with as much force as you can and slam it to the ground, pick it up, and repeat. Those, sit ups and a few other exercises were done circuit style. Good times.

Dinner tonight...grilled haddock, grilled pineapple and a salad!

Dinner sounds yummy and your workout sounds like fun. Did you like having a buddy?

I hit the produce market. My greens tend to be spinach, kale and spring mix for salads. I'm not sure what others would be good to use in a green smoothie.
Maybe I should get some collards and steam them.

I did all of BM except bi tri and sh. I'll do them tomorrow and probably a run in the evening. When I finish getting all skinnyfied, I'll have to focus on some weight training. I used to be able to go heavier, too.

Hello Ladies, I know I have been MIA. I had not been feeling very well and had to go to my DR. She gave me the go ahead to start working out again, but I have not been feeling it. Hopefully I can get my but back in gear soon.

Deanna

Hi Deanna!! Nice to see you back here, but sorry you havent been feeling well :( Don't force yourself to workout if you arent mentally in the game yet. Instead of viewing it as getting your butt into gear, think of it simply as throwing yourself a life line. Maybe just go for a walk, or if you're watching the Olympics, walk in place or do some sit ups during commercials. I watched the track and field event the other day with the man running with prosthetics. How inspiring! If the weather is nice maybe just go for a walk outside and enjoy the fresh air. Dont be too hard on yourself, it's tough getting back in the groove.

Today I did the Blast/Bootcamp premix from KickMax. I hadnt done it before so didnt know what to expect it was 50 min including warmup and cooldown. It started with the leg blast combo's (dont know how many in all) and ended with the last 3 kicking/punching combos. It was a good workout. I tried out Insanity's Insane Abs afterward, but didnt make thru very much. It was tough, maybe another day!

Even though it's not soup weather, I'm making soup tonight. Kinda mishmoshing some recipes together.

Check back later....

Soup was tasty :)

I ordered the new kickboxing workout by Dana Pieper, it looks fun with alot of energy.

I'll be attempting my first Crossfit type of workout this week. My brother has put together a few workouts for me. It'll be nice to do something new for awhile!

Deanna, awesome to see you! Do what you can, hope u feel better soon. I hope all is ok.
Stacy I.have soup.envy as always.
I did a long walk and dance class. Bedtime

I did some body parts via PH (abs sh bi and tri). Good enough for me. : )
Deanna, what are your fitness/health related goals now?
I'm keeping steady with my workouts, but fixing my food has been my biggest focus since July 1.
Stacy, what would you say your crossfix workouts are most like? any Cathe's or BBC?

I'd say they arent really like any of Cathe's workouts, but bits and pieces are similar. In general, XFit workouts include a warmup, a Skill, and a "WOD" (workout of the day). For instance here is the first one my bro gave me.

Warmup
-100 jumping jacks
-20 lunges (10 each leg)
-20 pushups
-20 sit ups

Skill
-Clean Jerk Press (5 sets of 5 reps)

WOD
18-12-6 (18 reps, then 12, then 6 of the following 2 exercises)
-Dumbell High Swing
-Goblet Squat

Cool downs are on my own. Of course he said I could cut the reps in half for the warmup, he used those numbers as his best guess. And for the Skill I can use just an empty barbell, or even a broomstick. The WOD's, just to use a weight that is challenging and to record it and try to improve next time. I have 9 workouts in all and he says to aim for 3 workouts a week, then go thru them all again, improving on something the next go round. I was going to do the 1st workout tomorrow morning but as luck would have it I have to fill in for somebody and have to go in early, so it's looking more like Saturday. Wish me luck!

I had to google goblet squat. Do you do them sort of slowly?
Yesterday eve, I did 15 min jog to bootcamp class, then did the 60 min workout and jogged back.
I may take a day off of workouts but also have a gtg w/ girls so I'll be vigilant about my food choices this eve if I want to hang onto my wt loss this week.

FnV, I havent done a Goblet Squat before so I dont know how I'll do them! I'll be modifying most moves and using no or very low weight first time through. I did get the new kickboxing workout in the mail today by Dana Pieper. I may do that one later today and the CrossFit workout tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes!

Of course I dont need anymore workouts, but just ordered the DeltaFit Speed Shred set. This pretty much guarantees I wont be ordering Cathe's new XTrain...maybe ;)

Just finished my new kb workout, I really liked the energy and the music. The moves were easy to pickup. Only issue was that she was always consistent with her cueing, sometimes she'd say "right" and she'd be on her left and other times she'd say "right" and she'd be on her right. It wasnt a big deal b/c as long as you did the moves on one side she repeated things on the other side. The length was a full 60 minutes NOT counting the warmup or cooldown so good if I want a longer cardio, bad if I want to fit in after work. Still a good purchase!

Stacy, Yea! for good purchase, glad it was a good workout. How did the Cross Fit workout go?

I hope to get the xtrain, but am keeping in mind that when i was most lean and fit, I only had about 10 workouts from which to choose so I can live without if need be.

But, grateful today for TTM. : ) I did the regular workout minus abs plus the fitness and sg tabatas. Weight loss is progressing, muffin top decreasing.

Deanna, I hope you are doing OK.

I did Intensity and at the end added the BC chapter.

I'm probably going to visit family this weekend - I don't want to take my green smoothie show on the road but I'll plan some food and do some running while I'm gone.
waves to all

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.