Preorder surprise????

shammy902

Cathlete
Cathe,

I am soooo anxious to receive this new series . Is there still a surprise for the people who kept their original preorder???? Any hints?

thanks!
Sue:)

I was just curious as nothing had been mentioned in a while about it. Didn't think there was anything wrong with asking for a little hint.

Nothing wrong with asking, Shammy.

All I know is this - Cathe stayed the 'surprise' would "Burn extra calories." I have a theory (which was discredited by many over at VF.) Oh well, we shall know soon enough!!!

Nothing wrong with asking:)

Surprises are fun, but sometimes the butterflies in your tummy starts doing the crazy dance...from anticipation...I hope it's something you will like...

I'm kind of bummed cause I pre-ordered months ago, then got cold feet for a few weeks then jumped back in, but I think that might have dis-qualified me for a "surprise" in my package:(:(

Either way it'll be nice to get all the anticipation out of the way...

Carrie

I'm wondering about it as well. I had forgotten all about the "surprise" until just the other day when someone else mentioned it. Since I will be one of the first to receive my videos, hmm, I don't think I will tell and spoil the surprise for others. I'm just hoping our videos ship today!

I had not heard whatever the surprise is it would burn extra calories.

I think it will be fun to have a surprise in addition to the workouts.

I think some of us (me included) are getting cranky because we have waited so long for this DVD series.

I got my Collage catalogue in the mail yesterday and for some reason it annoyed me to see the videos there. I don't mean you, Cathe, I am just getting cranky in general.

I placed my order September 16, 2005. I looked it up in my sent Email. I've waited a looooonnnnng time for these videos and am sooooooo excited!

I really am anxious to have the workouts and I know Cathe must be cranky too. After all, it's her name and business that Sony is goofing up.

It seems that almost anything that could go wrong with this series has.

But I know Cathe's business practices and I would pre order again even if I knew all that was going to occur before we received our DVDs. Cathe is honest and has kept us informed every step of the way.

I've really enjoyed the blog.

I am REALLY anxious to try Butts and Guts. It sounds tremendous!

I am cranky because I only have a dial up and can't watch the clips unless I wait over one hour while they buffer.

It's like riding a tricycle in a Nascar race. I live 2 miles from a university and medical school and in a city of over 60,000 and I can't get cable model or DSL.

Shameful!
:eek:

>How about use just letting it remain a surprise until people
>start getting their workouts?

Well, I think that was kind of a rude response!

You seem to reply to a lot of questions on the "Ask Cathe" forum. If a question is posed on the "Ask Cathe" forum, I would assume that people want CATHE to answer unless they specifically request others to respond. Otherwise, they would put it on the "Video Questions" or "Other Discussions" forum for others to reply to. Cathe obviously can choose if she wants to respond to a question or not.

>Nothing wrong with asking, Shammy.
>
>All I know is this - Cathe stayed the 'surprise' would "Burn
>extra calories." I have a theory (which was discredited by
>many over at VF.) Oh well, we shall know soon enough!!!

Hi Jillybean! It was actually in response to my question about the preorder surprise in the "Wanna Chat?" post (don't know how to link the original post) where she addressed it. I don't think it's the "surprise" that will burn extra calories - it's the "keep on guessing" that will (at least that is how I understood it). Here is her response:

Hi Mlmccauley! You are sneaky, ha, soon enough you will find out that fun surprise. For now keep guessing....it burns extra calories

Maria

>>Nothing wrong with asking, Shammy.
>>
>>All I know is this - Cathe stayed the 'surprise' would "Burn
>>extra calories." I have a theory (which was discredited by
>>many over at VF.) Oh well, we shall know soon enough!!!
>
>
>Hi Jillybean! It was actually in response to my question
>about the preorder surprise in the "Wanna Chat?" post (don't
>know how to link the original post) where she addressed it. I
>don't think it's the "surprise" that will burn extra calories
>- it's the "keep on guessing" that will (at least that is how
>I understood it). Here is her response:
>
>Hi Mlmccauley! You are sneaky, ha, soon enough you will find
>out that fun surprise. For now keep guessing....it burns extra
>calories
>
>
>
>
>Maria
>

I wonder if the "for now keep guessing" is what burns the extra calories? Thinking about it, I mean.

I can't wait to get it and find out. :) Just a few more days! :) :7

You seem to reply to a lot of questions on the "Ask Cathe"
>forum. If a question is posed on the "Ask Cathe" forum, I
>would assume that people want CATHE to answer unless they
>specifically request others to respond. Otherwise, they would
>put it on the "Video Questions" or "Other Discussions" forum
>for others to reply to. Cathe obviously can choose if she
>wants to respond to a question or not.

Gee, I never would have thought of that.

If everyone else stops replying here, or if Cathe requests that noone but her post responses, I will stop posting here.

SUE (original poster): sorry if my reponse sounded rude. It wasn't meant to be (maybe a winky smilie after it ;-) would have made it sound better?). But I didn't want the surprise spoiled and was panicking at the thought of it! Yes, I could avoid threads that might hint to what the surprise is, but I don't have that much self control! ;-) (and it was too early in the morning--for moi!-- to be thinking clearly!)

>You seem to reply to a lot of questions on the "Ask Cathe"
>forum. If a question is posed on the "Ask Cathe" forum, I
>would assume that people want CATHE to answer unless they
>specifically request others to respond. Otherwise, they would
>put it on the "Video Questions" or "Other Discussions" forum
>for others to reply to. Cathe obviously can choose if she
>wants to respond to a question or not.

cathe actually adressed this EONS ago and it's in a stickie thread...at the top... cathe states in it that she has no problem with others stepping in to answer questions in this forum....

check it out... it's at the top.... stickied....

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Personally, I think it is best not to build up "little surprise" with a ton of anticipation. It sort of sets you up.
But, then she said "burn extra calories" and my anticipation got the best of me. Maybe its a Metallic Sweat Suit 2000 that we can wear while we do the workouts! Or...maybe is a Cathe iPod soundtrack that we can use while cleaning house! Can't you just hear it? "Vacuum Cleaning Power Lunges are next! I hope you're getting your Vacuums out!" Or maybe Dead Lift Weighted Toilet Scrubbing brushes!! Scrub down for three, up for one! Oh the possibilities!! :D
What can it be?!

>I'm wondering about it as well. I had forgotten all about
>the "surprise" until just the other day when someone else
>mentioned it. Since I will be one of the first to receive my
>videos, hmm, I don't think I will tell and spoil the surprise
>for others. I'm just hoping our videos ship today!

that's a good idea and VERY nice! i hope others are as considerate! (i know i want to wait to get my package to see my surprise!!!! perhaps i'll have to do like i do with reality shows and stay out of here til i have my answer!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Amy, I just loved your idea! Imagine doing those vacuum cleaning power lunges. }( }( }( }( }(

I personally think we're getting some epsom salts to help with our DOMS!!! :eek:

>Personally, I think it is best not to build up "little
>surprise" with a ton of anticipation. It sort of sets you up.
>
>But, then she said "burn extra calories" and my anticipation
>got the best of me. Maybe its a Metallic Sweat Suit 2000 that
>we can wear while we do the workouts! Or...maybe is a Cathe
>iPod soundtrack that we can use while cleaning house! Can't
>you just hear it? "Vacuum Cleaning Power Lunges are next! I
>hope you're getting your Vacuums out!" Or maybe Dead Lift
>Weighted Toilet Scrubbing brushes!! Scrub down for three, up
>for one! Oh the possibilities!! :D
>What can it be?!

the burn extra calories was about the wondering.... wondering/thinking would burn extra calories.... not the surprise burning extra calories.....

(and i still think it will be a bloopers dvd.... what do i win if i'm right?)

-------------

wow, I didn't mean to create such controversy over a little question. Kathryn - I did take your response as rude, I figured if you didn't want to know what the surprise is, then don't click on the topic :eek: - but I got over it.

I didn't mean to create such a stir, I apologize. I will try and delete my post so as not to create any more issues.

Oh, my, I reeeaaally love surprises!!! Even little tiny surprises are one of life's little pleasures I adore.

I'm with you, Kathryn... a little panic at the thought of finding out here at the forums. I am doubting my self-control:+ ;-)

And, Sue, I don't really mind you asking...part of the fun that everyone's excitment comes out in a different way!

bhappy

I think Cathe should swear us all to secrecy. Maybe she is slipping a note in the packages asking us not to say anything to spoil the fun for others!

I hope it is another DVD, perhaps a compilation of the material from the others ( like the Terminator). Just a thought.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.