Pregnant Mommies Check in June 14th week

HOORAY MELANIE! Now you can get some intimacy and the two healthy babies can celebrate!
I highly recommend seeing the peri early. Even though we did not really need it, our state encourages it and insurance pays... It gives so much reassurance. There are some interesting things they can see. My friend's baby had a small pinhole in the heart, and they picked it up at the peri, a cardiologist was able to look at it, and be there at the delivery if needed. I am so very happy for you.
Precilla- You might be the best looking bump ever!
Off to get my son down for a nap and try to Step Jump and Pump.

Christine, I agree with you. I told the doctor I wanted to see one (a peri) & I will be certain to get a referral at next visit.

The doctor told me we have a 5% or less chance of miscarriage at this point, so I"m considering telling the toddlers the news.

Confession time. After a great ob/gyn appointment I celebrated by taking myself to Applebee's for lunch. I had a house salad, New York Steak & shrimp, and a Coke. :D :D It was yummy. I just cannot get enough shrimp lately.

My DH reminded me today that he doesn't like to be intimate whilst I'm pg. :( NOW WHAT!?????????!!!! Urgh. Anyone else in this boat? He better get be prepared for a real b**chy wife!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::confused:

Dawn!!!! LOL, I've taken my bra off several times at work,.....and no, I am not a stripper. :D :D If it's uncomfortable,....it's coming off!!!! I've grown a full cup size already with this pg. :eek:

Melanie- Is your husband crazy? Goodness, he better change his mind. I find myslef lustily checking out the firemen near our house. Is he prepared for a wandering mind? Doesn't he know that you are FLOODED with fun hormones the second trimester? Poor you, I am so sorry!
I am so glad that you have minimal risk now. And, Applebees sounds great. Admittedly, I still have caffeine every day. And if there is a steak within my reach, with fries, consider it gone! I am feeling ravenous lately! My sister LOVED shrimp when she was pregnant with her girls. Who knows?
:)

Seriously, they are all handsome, clean cut and young and wash the firetruck every morning. They play basketball out front around 4. What is it about the hormones that makes me want to suck in my tubby belly as I go past. For the record, I have also started noticing weird middle aged men on our runnign route, and the local vet. I feel 15. My poor husband might want to switch spots with yours for a breather. I guess I am making up for wanting to barf on him for three months. Maybe your husband will loosen up after a few beers? :p

ROTFL! Christine you are so funny!!!! I'm laughing so hard b/c I can totally relate. :D :D Too funny. Now seriously,....how many beers do you think it'll take?....or should I go straight for the vodka. LOL

Seriously folks, I don't look pg at all from the back. :D There are ways to be intimate without looking at the belly. Right? Maybe I should draw him some pictures. :D

Ultrasound pics are below.

The top picture shows: Twin "A" is facing us, if you look just to the left of his/her head you'll see Twin "B"'s foot.
The bottom picture shows: Twin "B" with his/her legs completely out.

*sigh* I am sooooo in love. :D

Attachments

• twin a.jpg
    twin a.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 31
  • twin b.jpg
    twin b.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 29
Hey
You guys have been chatting the last few hours!!

Melanie-great news!!! I am sooooo very happy for you! You just better tell your dh how its gonna be. You are pregnant and you have major needs!!! You think your dh is afraid of hurting the babies? I hope he sees the light!!!! YOur lunch sounds great!!
My dh is loving my libido. Your dh has no idea what he could be missing!!!!!

Tell your husband to spring for some nice black out shades, heavy cocktails, and hey, why not? Just blindfold him! :eek:

Yes, he's afraid of hurting the bambinos. Always has been when pg,.... Maybe I need to drag his butt into the ob/gyn clinic & let the doctor have a heart to heart with him!!!!!

THat is what i did. He was worried, then the doctor reminded him that it is much better for the bambinos to have a happy mommy! Good luck!:)

Priscilla, you look so cute! Look at that lil baby bump :)

Dawn and Jen, you might want to look at Craig's List for gently used baby things too. I know my girlfriend sold all of her things as her youngest outgrew them. Just a thought, especially for avoiding those hot FL summer mornings!

Melanie, great pics! At the risk of sounding dense, are they fraternal or identical? And what's a "peri" for?

23jimbeam (do you have a real name? ;)), I couldn't imagine trying to move while being pregnant. Where are you moving from and to? Do you guys have family or friends at the new location who can help you out? That's great that your aunt does the 3-Day every year in honor of your mom. It's an amazing event. I did it in 2007 and 2008. Hope to hit 2010!

Hey
Got a question Do any of you feel overly full after eating just a little? I feel so full and bloated all the time. I have a really short torso so Im just guessing my baby bump is moving up into my stomach area. I can just imagine how bad this will be get as I get bigger. Maybe I felt like this with Haley and just dont remember??

Susan- I am starting to feel really full alot quicker especially at night. I don't eat a whole lot at one sitting, it is just I eat frequently.

Melanie- I think you are SO right that if you don't look pregnant from the back, well then alot of fun can be had that way!

Ha! Yes, my name is Christine! This move will be to San Diego, and rapid. We will have to sell this house before we can get approved for another, since mortgages are so tough these days, so my son and I will be alone for a month or two at least. My sister is down there, but we are not close, so we have some patch up work to do there before we can get dependant on each other. We moved when I was five months with my son and it was only one street. Then again when he was six months old, only two streets. At least we will get movers. I am most concerned about keeping the house in
"showing" shape all on my own and bigger... I get one room clean, turn around and there are dinosaurs stuck to the wall, or cars jammed in light sockets. Oy. I guess keeping up with it all will be a fitness program in itself!
Susan- yes, always. I now try to drink sparkling water while I eat so I can burp. My son thinks it is a riot, my husband, not so much...

Susan, I get full fast, but am able to eat after short breaks. I defintely eat much slower.

Allison, my ob/gyn believes the twins are identical. A person isn't 100 percent sure unless placenta is tested at birth,...but my twins share the same placenta so they're more than likely identical. A "peri" is a perinatologist that specializes in high risk pregnancies. My pg is automatically considered high risk b/c they're twins. Throw in that I'm 35 y.o & had a m/c less than a year ago and it makes me slightly higher higher risk.

My DH is fast asleep with a "headache".......hmmmmmmm seems fishy, doesn't it?!?!?!? :confused::confused:

Susan, some days I'm so uncomfortable because I feel full all day. Other days, I can eat anything that isn't nailed down! But if I eat too late in the evening, I'm doomed for incredible heartburn. I remember last time, I was always hungry but always felt too full to eat. Somehow, I still gained weight LOL

Hi, Christine!! Nice to "meet" you :) Yes, I would think showing a house with a toddler in tow would be incredibly challenging!

Melanie, I learn something new every day :)

I wish I had a healthy libido these days. I do not like being pregnant; I feel really gross and unattractive. I'm sure it's driving DH crazy, because we're usually pretty consistent in this department. Now, if it's once a week, that's more than enough for me. How's that for TMI? LOL

Thank you all for your comments!

Melanie, I love those pics, specially the first one where you can see the tiny foot AHHH
Last time I saw my little one I was only 11 weeks and I don't get another u/s until I'm about 20 weeks.

LOL you made me laugh! Yeah, it does sound fishy, that's how I react when I'm not for it. My DH's libido hasn't change at all, but I can tell that mine over the last month has been minimal. That's changing though now that I entered the 2nd trimester

Off to bed

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.