Pregnant looking belly!

Jul

Cathlete
<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-00 AT 02:39PM (EST)</font></center>

Let me start by saying that I am NOT pregnant . My body is fairly proportionate,I am not overweight(Pretty close to my ideal weight) and I have the classic "pear shape" except that my pear is a bit thick in the middle! After having 3 kids (ages 5, 3, and 1 1/2) I still have a tummy. In the mornings, I like how it looks - pretty flat!! But after I start eating and drinking, I notice that it bulges out like I am 4-5 mos. pregnant. It is firm and rounded and makes my pants feel tight. Like I said before, in the morning it looks good. I noticed this on the beach that others do not seem to bulge in the tummy area as I do. I do Cathe's sit ups 3 times a week switching among various tapes and I can feel the muscles. Do others have this problem, or maybe this is just where I tend to carry more fat. The food & drinks make me bulge! YUCK! Any thoughts??

pot belly

I have this same problem. Someone suggested that I keep a food diary and see if my tummy pooched after certain foods, but that wasn't the case. Do we just have very weak abs? Any ideas?
Cheryl

My thought...

...is that some people just have a tendancy to show weight there. Take me for example - since adolescence I have had a tummy. Now, after five kids, serious dieting and weight loss plus great fitness level thanks to Cathe (
wink.gif
) I STILL can grab on to some flab there. Sometimes, I too feel bloated and 'pooch' out. All these years, though, I have tried to make a habit of holding in my abs on a routine basis...sometimes even flexing and releasing during normal daily activity. This seems to have helped. I still cannot where a bikini, though, and am very thankful for the benefits of spandex
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
!!!

Hang in there, you are not alone...

Joanna

Do you drink alot of water?

I started drinking between 50 and 60 ounces of water a day ( and gave up caffeine). This seemed to keep my stomach from bulging. I also no longer retain any water before my period. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I have just started drinking more water thanks to someone's idea of filling up two 1-liter bottles each day. I have been drinking them plus more! i have also been eating lots of fruits & veggies which sometimes cause some bloating. Thanks to Cathe's videos ( and some SUPER advice from this forum
happy.gif
) I wore a bikini this year at the beach! I was constantly sucking in that belly, but i felt good about my body! Too bad it has taken 32 years to overcome my body image problem!! Thanks everyone!

Pooch

I am thin (5'8" and 115 lbs)and have good abs but the same thing happens to me everytime I eat; I asked my doctor and she said it happened to her also but she didn't know the medical reason! For what it's worth, if I do an hour of TaeBo my stomach gets flatter, so maybe it's air displacement?

Suck the Tummy in Often

I have 4 kids and I understand how hard it is to get those abs showing again. Something that is very important, I have found, is to suck the tummy in while doing the excersises. If not it becomes the shape that you put it at.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.